Dermapril-sp / Doesn't work, won't refund money

Rauscher/Bekke LLC
This product does not work. They are rated #1 over the other scam anti-aging treatments because they offer a free trial for the cost of shipping. If you do not read closely, the free trial is good for only two weeks. It takes longer than two weeks to determine if the product even works. Two weeks after you purchase the product (not two weeks from the time you receive it), you are charged the full price of $79 for 1 oz. and you're set up on auto-shipping and billing.

I bought this stuff over the holidays and within two weeks I called the "company" to get a refund and cancel my "membership" (I didn't realize buying the trial product was signing me up for a membership). This company does not answer the phone (unless you're ordering product, of course). You have to leave a message, and they'll call you back within two business days. Well, they called me back after the two weeks had "expired." They stopped further shipments but would not refund the $79. I've been using the product to use it up, and I can tell you in a month's time, I've seen no results. They say you have to use the product for at least three months, yet the ad that gets people to buy it says you'll see results in two weeks. Hmmm two weeks? DON'T buy this product. It's overpriced and does not work!

D  13th of Feb, 2009 by
hmmm that's so weird what kind of order did you make? Because I ordered the product and was charged approx 30 days AFTER i made my original order, roughly abt 14 days after my free trial ended, ALSO the website I went to says in big letters that it was a FREE 14 DAY trial...

maybe you went thru a scam site to order...but definitely call customer serivce on teh email confirmation u received and they shd help you there...
N  18th of Feb, 2009 by
I doubt you will get your money back unless you stay with it forever - I use a virtual credit card number, so I can close the number after the initial payment and scammers cannot use the number to charge again. I agree the products do not work; neither the Lift SP or the Dermapril. I tried both at separate times, using twice a day for 2 weeks - no change in wrinkles, firmness or texture. My best advice - don't waste your money or time.
D  19th of Feb, 2009 by
I actually tried Dermapril myself and I was very weary about signing up for the "risk free" trial because the terms and conditions said it would automatically bill my credit card every month if I didn't cancel before the end of my 14-day free trial and send in the used or unused jar. To my surprise, I canceled on the 13th day and sent in my used jar 2 weeks later and I was NEVER billed and got to try the product basically for FREE! I don't see any scam here, but just be aware that you will be billed every month unless you cancel within the free trial period. Good luck!
A  21st of Feb, 2009 by
A  25th of Feb, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me. I found this product through an (apparently fake) beauty blog that told how a woman found a solution for her fine lines & wrinkles by using free samples of these two products together, Dermapril-SP & RezV. In this blog she claimed that she only had to pay for the shipping charges. I would have had no problem paying for both of these products had I found them beneficial but am sick of paying hundreds of dollars for a full-sized bottle of the newest cream or serum to find that it really doesn't work for me. I should have known better & I did google to look for disputes, but these people are all over the web with their fake reviews & blogs singing the praises of these two products & their "risk-free" trial samples! (Google "dermapril rezv" to see what I mean!)

Apparently, this company is "legally" within their rights because the "subscription terms" are given to us in very small print on the screen to the left of the field where we enter our credit card information. I was in such a hurry to take advantage of these "risk-free trial samples" that I didn't even notice... That is, until my debit card was charged $87.97 for the RezV & $69.95 for the Dermapril-SP.

RezV, to their credit, told me they would issue a refund as long as I returned any future shipments to them. (I have yet to receive the refund, however, & will keep you updated.) Dermapril was not as easy to forgive... I called the number listed on the debit card charge for the Dermapril-SP (888-727-4445) & was told there was nothing I could do to get them to remove the charge since I was beyond the 14 day risk-free trial period.

I am $70.00 poorer but hopefully a bit wiser now.

I thought I was noticing a slight difference after using this product for 2 weeks but really it is too early to tell & the change could be due to one of the other products I am using as a moisturizer. Even if this product DID work for me I doubt I would continue using it through the company as it's suspicious business practices have soured my opinion of them. I have found this product on Amazon.com, eBay, & a few other retailers. If you really want to try it, forget the so-called "free trial samples" & order it from a retailer.

As I previously mentioned, this company has covered its a$$ legally, so the only thing we can do is complain. Luckily, google pulls up these results in its searches so I urge each one of you who has been burned by them to post bad reviews of this company everywhere you can. Maybe the next person can learn from our mistakes.
N  28th of Feb, 2009 by

Dermapril-sp - Website customer service doesn't work

At $75.90 per month you should see some reduction in wrinkles. I have used this product for 3 months, as stated thru Dermapril (For best results use for a minimum of 3 months}. I did this and no results in reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Im 62 years young and maybe this product does not work on the older generation. Needless to say I have cancelled all future shipments. STAY ALERT...
A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
My mom had a similar situation with Dermapril which I posted on www.skintypesolutions.com message board. Here's a link to the thread I started: http://www.skintypesolutions.com/forum/index.php/topic, 3490.0.html
As you can see, we are in good company. Disregard the "compliments" from posters who only registered on the site to post one glowing review about this product before disappearing into the woodwork. It's seem likely to me that they are company "plants".

A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
I had the same problem with Dermapril, the "subscription" agreement is in very small print and the "free trial" very large. I didn't even realize I had agreed to further shipments (ok, partly my fault). I think it is purposefully misleading.
A  12th of Mar, 2009 by
I have no idea what to do to get my money back and I'm sure I'd waste more money and time worrying about it. The website I'm looking at now seems completely different from the site I originally ordered from and the scam picture is now used for a totally different product. I really hate being ripped off as the product doesn't work. $79.95 later and I'm likely to have a couple more wrinkles due to the stress. Luckily I did notice the "subscription" on the other product to be used in conjunction with Dermapril and didn't order online or when they called my home. In the future I will buy in stores and not online.
A  14th of Mar, 2009 by
I agree with everyone else DERMAPRIL is a joke. This company is only out to get your money, they make the site to get y0ur attiton and make you think that your getting a miricle for just shipping cost. If you look at the bottom in fine print you will be billed every month for a new 3o day supply they send.

We tried the product out on our grandma and it failed. you may have well been putting hand cream on you face...
A  14th of Mar, 2009 by
I am so glad I read all your comments, I was just about to order the same thing. Thank you all for your honesty. I will save my money. Anyone know what really works? jojomama101
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
When you call Dermapril to cancel your order...even some few
days after the customer service rep says they can't refund your
your $79.95 back to your credit card. Ask the rep if they are the final authority or do they have a supervisor. They will tell you they are busy. Tell them that you are not going to stop here and will dispute the charge with your credit card company and or whatever else it may take. The customer service rep will then put you on hold while they consult their supervisor. Upon returning back to you they will tell you it is not normal to do this, but they will reimburse your credit card charge within fourteen hours.

If you are a man or woman who is able to remain very nice to the Dermapril rep you are speaking to and be very cool and FIRM, i.e. put on an attorney persona ... then do so. If not, then find someone who can to make your call to Dermapril for you. You have to play "their game" in their territory with the same tenacity they have.
N  25th of Mar, 2009 by
I appreciate your advice however I don't think it's that simple. I was firm and demanded a refund or else, and to no avail. The only true sound advice I can pass along is to read the print next to the order form. It says that it's a trial and not a sample. Makes sense. I know that whenever I have to put my credit card number, then I'm going to get billed for something sooner or later. So I don't think the company is scamming people, I just think that people are too eager and need to read the print.
A  25th of Mar, 2009 by
I think that Dermapril should make it clearer that there will be automatic charges after the first 14 days. I received my trial sample, on the invoice was written " Total: $5.95", then I got my credit card bill with a charge of $69.95. I will pay more attention in the future, but I still think they downplaying the charges you will incur if you miss their free-trial deadline. Additionally, I didn't realize I was signing up for automatic shipments and got burned on a second bottle as well. It was stupid of me to not see that a product which takes up to 3 months to work should not be sending out 14-day trials. I hadn't even been looking for wrinkle cream, had been looking for information on another cream that I'd used successfully, but turned out to be quite expensive, and then an add extolling the virtues of Dermapril and how one can try it for "free" sent me to their website. sounds very foolish on my part, and was out of character, but another lesson learned.
A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
I agree, I cancelled my order and rec'd an email that it was cancelled. Didnt receive additional product and was charged for another bottle. Customer service person was rude and nasty. The stuff doesnt work, I broke out like a high schooler and after cancelling and stating do not take money from my account. they did. RIP OFF and SCAM
A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
Bad customer service. The terms should be much more clear. The FREE sample was supposed to be FREE + s/h. This was not the case and I have been billed every 13 days. I have tried to cancel, twice, and now the credit card company is involved. No lotion is worth this hassle. It's giving me wrinkles I did not have before! They also billed me for product I never received. In my opinion, this is not a good way to win long-time customers and I feel ripped off.
N  13th of Apr, 2009 by
YES, MONICA, my advice is that simple. The problem, from what you said, is that you "or elsed" them. I said to put your "attorney persona" on. That "ain't" attorney persona to do verbal battle with them and let them know you're mad. IT IS WHAT YOU DON'T SAY AND DO and THE WAY YOU SAY AND DO IT THAT SCARES THEM. Their "Terms and Conditions" or not, they are skating on very thin to no legal ice and they know it. That is putting it nicely. Yes, they are scamming people with the way they do their VooDoo Marketing. You don't have to get mad and explain what they are doing to them. They know a lot better than anybody else. I got my money back to prove it. Pronto. For my account I was stupid enough to get involved in trying to make my wife feel better and I also got money back for another person who feels like you do. Turn your hat around and get tough (the way I explained) or let them beat you up. Your choice. Just make sure when you get the product return number that you invest in a little more postage and send it back Confirmed Delivery Return Receipt Requested. You are right about what you said at the end of your last line. I try not to forget this so true line...
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." -- Henry Mencken
N  5th of May, 2009 by

Dermapril-sp - Billing practices

I have to sadly admit that I fell for it, the free trial "wrinkle cure" not realizing that by not cancelling within 14 days I would be billed for the "trial product" at $79.95!! Then received the first shipment which I didn't realize I couldn't return if not satisfied, so I'm out almost $170.oo and although I did cancel the membership shipments, they are $170. richer. It sure seems like a scam, by the time we fools catch on, they got us for almost $200. I am a savvy shopper, and I fell for it despite the fact that it should have been obvious: a 14 day free trial for a product they even say produces results...in 3 months. There are countless number of cosmetics and skin products that one can buy and refund if not satisfied...but not this one, what does that tell you? Scam, scam and shame on me for falling for it. By the way after using it for a month I have notice no results, I guess there 's nothing better that the willingness to age gracefully.
A  15th of May, 2009 by
I have been scammed as well, Marta. The customer service rep was rude, rude, rude when I called to complain about being billed for my "sample." When I asked to speak to the supervisor, I got the same bogus complaint about not taking returns. "It is a cream application and we cannot take those back, " sez she. I railed about poor business practices and she had a ridiculous answer for every complaint. Finally, I told her the product didn't work and she should stand by my complaint and refund. Another ridiculous excuse.

Their "membership" was never explained and one gets rooked into giving a credit card number for the shipping of the "free" sample. Then you are automatically shipped a new $80 supply which you CANNOT RETURN! This is charged to the credit card you issued for the shipping. Fraud is the word I would use and I hope the Better Business Bureau in FL is advised.
A  28th of May, 2009 by
I have noticed that there are numerous "cyberinfomercials" just waiting to suck you into their webs of sneaky deceiving outrageous claims about their "wonderful" products with"free" samples. They will even lie about famous people promoting the items. BUYER BEWARE! I even busted a girl advertising a diet drink and detox. It had a picture of her with her story of how much weight she lost. I opened up a different website and there was the same picture, but her name had changed when she told her diet loss story. When I commented on her page about this, her comments suddently were not accessible anymore.
Save yourself from a lot of stress and hassles with their customer service and your credit card company! I have learned from experience, unfortunately, not to bother ordering anything from these cyber ads, free samples with small print about charging your credit card monthly; to mention a few, acai berry, diet detox, cosmetics, teeth whitener, etc., etc., etc. So many people are being ripped off; they even have to close their credit card to keep from being charged monthly for something they are not even receiving,

One person above was smart to use a one-time card number that is then deleted. I avoid all these types of ads now and only buy from reputable websites. If you can't find the productt at one of these websites, it probably isn't worth buying anyway.

I hope the word gets around about these scam artists. Everyone should check the compaint boards before buying or trying "free" samples.