Dermapril / fraud

1 300 ne 62nd streetMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-727-4445

these people are sleazy con artists specializing in consumer victimization. i was billed for and paid a $5.95 shipping charge for a "free sample" of dermapril as offered on the internet. i never received the "free" sample, although i called twice to advise them of this fact and both times was assured it would be sent promptly. after waiting six weeks, i e-mailed them and cancelled any further dealings with them, and i received a return e-mail confirmation. one week thereafter, i received a package containing a bottle of dermapril along with an invoice for $85.50!!! I promptly returned the package along with a detailed letter of explanation, requesting a credit be issued to my credit card account. They e-mailed me back and said no credit would be issued!!! I have spent valuable time and effort trying to resolve this matter. It is impossible to reach them by phone - only a recording. i am already out of pocket $5.95 for something never received and they are attempting to bilk me for $80 for something i didn't order in violation of their cancellation confirmation and which was returned to them at my expense. these people are blatant shysters, their ad is an outrageous scam, the public should be made aware of their frankly criminal tactics.

Comments

• To
      1st of Jul, 2009

Dermapril,

DO NOT DO IT--a nightmare/scam -i cancelled by phone prior to the 14 day "free trial" but was still charged 80 dollars on my credit card. The product is crap in a tiny container.

Customer service is useless and bullying. Just save your money and temper and do not go near the product for any reason.

• Th
      8th of Jul, 2009

The main web page promoting Dermapril tries to pass itself off as an objective news report from a TV station, (News 13- WKTV, New York, NY) but it is actually a paid advertisement.
    (Check it out at "news13direct.com/index.html").
    While there is a station in Utica, NY with the call letters "WKTV, " it is an NBC affiliate broadcasting on Channel 2.
    There is no such entity as "News 13- WKTV, New York, NY"!
    These hucksters may have simply co-opted the call letters of the Utica station. (I wonder if the real WKTV knows about this.) So what does that tell you about the product and the company behind it?

Also, does anyone know where one can learn about Dr. Mehmet Oz's financial interest in promoting Resveratrol? After his appearances on Oprah wearing hospital scrubs (which, in this context, is basically a costume), his reputation has basically gone down the toilet - from that of a well-respected (and well-paid) heart surgeon to that of a shameless TV huckster. (Maybe he can try to take the place of the late, great Billy May.) Let's keep in mind some of Oprah's other brilliant "finds, " such as that big dufus Dr. Phil, and author James Frey, whom Oprah continued to defend as a brilliant memoirist until it became incontrovertible that the guy was a literary fraud.

Caveat emptor, folks.

• Iv
      17th of Aug, 2009

I received a trial bottle which is no better than any lotion. Today I received another bottle which I did not order. I called customer service and they told me they could not give me a credit on my charge card. I will send the new bottlee back and if I don't get credit I think I will talk to the Attorney General. I had used all the trial junk so there was nothing to send back. They are defintely a bunch of con artist.

• Do
      19th of Aug, 2009

Just to let all of you know that have been ripped off by Dermapril or there other product Resveratrol there is only one way to stop them from taking hundreds of dollars out of your
    bank account, close the card you charged it on. I spoke with electronic charges at B of A and I was told that they can't stop the charges. If you have a debit/credit card don't worry you don't have to close your bank account, they are seperate issues. Whom ever issued you the card you used will close it immediately and send you a new one.

I've reported them to 60 Minutes and the Oprah show because they are using Dr. Oz and 60 minutes in their ads to make it look good and make the viewer feel safe about their company.
    This is terrible what they are doing to people.

• Ha
      3rd of Nov, 2009

What a rip-off! Once they get your card number that will keep billing even after your subscription has been cancelled. I have cancelled my card to stop the charges. Most operators can't speak clear English. Seems they try to not understand what you are saying. There is nothing risk-free about there product. Not to mention that the product didn't work. I couldn't see any change at all in my skin.