DermaC / This is a scam

Jul 22, 2015
Based Capital Ltd
I got caught by this scam of a company. They are well known by the credit card companies, I did not even have to give my credit card company the name of the Based Capital. I just explained the problem and they knew who I was talking about.
You think from their web site you are getting a free sample and just paying a postal charge of £2.95, but no, you are signing up to receive their product each month at a cost of £90. There is is nothing to say this when you order your free sample. The link at the bottom of their payment screen goes nowhere although hidden elsewhere on their web site it does say you are subscribing to monthly orders.
However all is not lost, go back to your credit card and they will refund you your money. Tell then you cancelled the order by email and give them a date when you did. They do not need to see the email!

But beware, the company keeps changing their name so you need to check your statements as even though the Credit card company will put a block on further payments from the original company further payments could go through under a different company.

N  8th of Aug, 2016 by
I have just had this happen to me
A  26th of Nov, 2016 by
A complete scam.
The telephone number they give does not exist. They do not reply to emails.
They should be jaioled for extortion.

DermaC Logo DermaC