DermaC / Eye serum & Vitamin C

Milton Keynes England Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

The beginning of July I saw an advert for Eye Serum and it was a free trial, all I had to do was pay £3.95 postage. As there was nothing telling me about any further payments, I proceeded to order. Another box popped up asking if I wanted another item, that I didn't, so continued on to the payment box.
I entered my De it card details and expected to be sent one item and pay £3.95.
A few days later I received by post a package, damaged, as the postman had pushed into my mailbox. It contained two items, which I was surprised at, but as I had only been debited for two post ages of £3.95 each, I thought oh well it wasn't a big deal.
I have tried the eye serum, that does not do what the advert says or what they show happens to the people shown trying the item online.
Today on checking my bank statement a payment of £59.71 has been taken two days ago. I immediately contacted my bank, who informed me this is probably a Company that does not show up front what you are paying for.
This an absolute scam as I have found out by going online and checking other people's experiences.
I am disgusted at this trading practice and I will contact Trading Standards to advise them about this underhanded scheme.

Fa
Jul 27, 2016

Comments

Aug 04, 2016

I also sent for the trial at 3.95 postage. Within 2 days have had 2 amounts of 3.95 and one for 6.90 debited from my account.

• Mi
      Aug 23, 2016

Hi there I have had exactly the same thing happen to me - about 10 days after the 3.95 I've had a mysterious £69.95 debited from my account. I will contact my bank today and then do everything to retrieve funds and get these scam artists sorted out. Not good.

• Do
      Sep 02, 2016

I think I got off lightly. They tried to deliver whilst I was away so the samples were sent back. Whilst trying to look into what to do I came across these posts and have contacted my credit card company. They have put a stop on any future transaction and gave me a phone number to call 08082735264 and suggested I cancel completely to avoid problems. Once you take the goods you are stuffed I think! On speaking to the people on this number I do agree this is a scam. It seems that if you keep the product after 14 days you will be charged full price as they send a months supply. I feel I am usually careful about these offers because I know this is what happens but I did scroll down and there was nothing visible re them taking these payments or anything for me to opt in or out. Not really a sample as we understand it at £70 . Generally always pay by credit card online I feel as its easier to sort out . The comp[any I spoke to are supposedly refunding my £8 !