DermaC / Extracting money from my credit card without my permission

1 3 Talbot Road MK40 9HDBedford, England, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: #: +44 203 1290 728

Purchased cheap introductory offer of DermaC and Eye cream at £2.95 each on 13May 2015 ---- money was extracted from my Credit card for £87.47 on 27 May 2015 for no apparent reason .My provider Barclays Bank is now dealing with the mattere3ae

Dr
Jun 4, 2015

Comments

• Ke
      24th of Apr, 2015

Sent for free sample of DermaC face cream with credit card got free sample now money being taken out my bank with out my permission

• Su
      27th of Apr, 2015

Same for me. Sent for sample £2.95...It arrived with no information other than a dispatch note...Now the best part of £200 has disappeared from my credit card and no way of retrieving it. Unable to contact anyone so I've had to block them from my account.
    Sue, Hampshire

9th of May, 2015

The same thing has happened to me. I am so annoyed with this, i am hoping that my bank helps me resolve this situation. Cant believe that these online companies can get away with these scams!!!
    DO NOT BUY DERMA C!!!

• Sw
      13th of May, 2015

Same thing happened to me and now I had to cancel my credit card and dispute the current charges made by DERMA C. This is a scam and they continue to change corporate names with no address to respond. what a hoax.

21st of May, 2015

I have an M & S credit card who have today informed me that although my card with them was cancelled they would continue to may the monthly £89. 74 although my card is cancelled so be warned the credit card company has to cancel the subscription with DermaC currently using the name of Facecare. I cannot understand how a credit card company can make payments on a cancelled card. M & S have now cancelled my subscription but be aware and speak to you credit card company.

• Be
      21st of May, 2015

It's not a scam. You have to read the terms and conditions before signing up, and in those terms it'll tell you that the "free" trial will automatically sign you up for the auto-ship membership unless you cancel during the trial period. Shady, yes, because they know lazy people don't actually read the terms before giving out their card information. But a scam? No.

23rd of May, 2015

I sought advice and it appears that companies such as the company selling DermaC continuously change trade names. However customers have legal protection against any company puttting in a term which is smaller and/or lighter print than the other wording making it difficult to easily see. All terms should be highly visible and easily seen. It is well known than very few consumers search every word. It appears that companies such as selling DermaC think that this type of print covers them to take monthly subscriptions. However consumers now have legal protection against businesses using such small print under The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. The credit card compny is contacting Dermac to refund the unauthorised money under the definition of Unfair Contract in accordance with the Finance Conduct Authority.

• Be
      26th of May, 2015

Angie23, it looks like the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 only applies in the UK. In the US there is actually no legal requirement for a website to have Terms and Conditions, however these types of companies always do, as a way to protect themselves against chargebacks. Usually they have a box you will have to check stating you agree to the terms and conditions, with the words "terms and conditions" being hyperlinks which will take you to the actual T&C page to review. Some though actually have a blurb explaining the terms of the trial underneath the box, rather than a hyperlink.

I have heard of a push to make it a requirement for terms to be posted clearly and near the submit button, similar to the requirements you have in the UK. Until then, it looks like you guys have more consumer protections than those in the US.

• Ka
      4th of Jun, 2015

I responded to an advert on the internet for Derma C Vitamin C Face Serum and Rejuvius eye cream both costing £2.95p for this introductory offer. The money was taken on 29th April 2015. On the 13th May my debit card was used by this company and money totalling £177.46p was extracted from my credit card. No paperwork was received with samples. Also, no mention of being charged a recurring monthly charge on website. There is also no contact details of company on site. I have informed my bank and the Council Trading Standards department. I have been advised to contact the Fraud Department, Police to advise them of this scam.

9th of Jun, 2015

Almost made a blunder last night, when I saw this product on the website. Got to the credit card details box and read the bottom of the page first. Saw the terms and conditions and backed off, in time not to submit any card details. Glad of that. Deleted, as I thought, all my personal details, name address etc. Today, at 1307 pm, an e-mail arrived from JAMES at Dermac C, telling me that I was only a few steps away to completing my order. They had packaged my goods and would like to send them to me, but my credit card details had failed and to try again. Did I ever. Sent JAMES at Dermac C a return e-mail, informing him of my thoughts on his terms and conditions and poor souls that do not check them. An absolute SCAM. WATCHDOG should take this one on board their program.

• Ra
      11th of Jun, 2015

Bought a product for £2.95 and received the product. Today found £89.78 taken out of my account without permission. Have not received any other products to date.

• Ve
      16th of Jun, 2015

I too was taken in by the 'free trial' advertisement. I have informed the bank, stopped any future transactions and managed to contact the company today.
    This is the tel no. that I obtained 02031 290733 although a uk no. there is a delay on the line so it is obviously not uk based.
    The company calls itself Nutra Global and the registered address is 3 Talbot Road as shown above.
    I demanded to return the items and stated that a refund was expected. I was issued with return numbers and asked to post to:
    Based Capital Ltd. P.O.Box 7583, Milton Keynes, MK11 9HD. Obviously sent by registered post. Upon receipt a refund will be initiated! I hope!
    Interestingly the company Based Capitals registered address is also 3 Talbot Road, along with quite a few other companies.
    I should have known better, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!! Good Luck.

• Ba
      18th of Jun, 2015

I too have been taken in .On the 5th may I paid 2.95 dermac and 2.95 for Rejuvius eye cream .I then had a parcel arrive on the same day that I saw my credit card bill .Sure enough on the bill were three payments for £ 87.67, £89.78 and £89.78.I rang the company who told me that I had entered into the subscription.They have said they will refund half the costs of the last two payments but would not give me a full refund. I am now going to contact my credit card company to see where I stand. Nowhere on the site did it state the cost of the cream and I do not remember seeing anything about 14 days cooling period it was certainty well hidden..

1st of Jul, 2015

Exactly the same happened to me! My credit card company is able to help monitor my card and decline and requests from this merchant- luckily I spotted it in time and whilst the first transaction was pending. Does anyone have a contact number for this company? Unsurprisingly the current one is not working... This is certainly more than shady. I will be reporting the merchant to trading standards but if anyone could give me a contact to unsubscribe then that would be great! thanks!

• Tr
      1st of Jul, 2015

Absolutely disgusted the way this company/ companies are robbing people. I got the link on Facebook and stupidly ordered the trial at 2.95 each for DermaC and Lumara. When it arrived I realised I had made a mistake, I was suspicious and did not use the products knowing I would be sending them back. Delayed because of personal circumstances. I then saw a payment out I didn't recognise and then the next day another payment both over £80. Immediately contacted bank fraud team. Yes...this scam company are trying to get you with the small print. They cannot take any further payments. I contacted the company +44 2031290721 or +442031290728 sounded like a call centre am now returning both products, tracking post and hope...hope I get my money refunded and unsubscribe from these horrible people that call themselves a business, they are thieves and I am a fool to have fallen for it.

• Tr
      1st of Jul, 2015

I managed to contact this scam company +44 2031290721 +44 2031290728 on one of theses numbers. It sounds like a call centre. I am now returning both products DermaC and Lumara I knew when they arrived I had made a mistake. Didn't send back immediately, busy life... So had the creams for 2 week. Then money going out of my account 2 payments for over £80 contacted bank to try and stop, too late but assure me can not do it again. I have now sent back creams today recorded and tracked for a refund and cancellation. I will inform later if this works. Hope that helps Hayles

1st of Jul, 2015

Thank you Treo. That's great. I look forward to hearing how you get on. Most honorable merchants would allow you to visibly opt for a direct debit payment and have this included as a question when you sign up. In my opinion, any merchant that goes out of their way to lure customers with a "too good to be true" deal and then attempt to hide direct debits and financial information in the fine text of terms and conditions with the hope that this will go unseen ( clearly from the responses it does), allowing them to take money from innocent people are fraudsters in my book. Derma C knew exactly what they were doing and did this believing they were in compliance with the law whilst robbing people of hard earned money. Shady indeed. Fraud at it's best. I look forward to writing to trading standards. Good luck! :-)

• Ju
      3rd of Jul, 2015

I went through every one of their cancellation protocols. Returned empty boxes within the given time, via recorded delivery. Then contacted them to confirm they had received and that cancellation was complete etc. Was reassured that all was cancelled and money was then taken from my account a month later. Theiving ###. Bank have refunded and blocked them so hopefully this will be the end of it.

• Co
      3rd of Jul, 2015

I too purchased a free sample of vitamin c face serum for the p&p price of £2.95. Since then 2 x £89.78p has been withdrawn from my bank without my authorization or knowledge. I never had any contact details before finding this page, there was no small print and I had no idea I was subscribing to anything until my bank told me so. My bank isn't being very helpful. I am so pleased to have found this page and hope to be able to contact the 'fraudulent' Nutra Global also. Good luck everybody.

3rd of Jul, 2015

This is awful. I truly am shocked by how many people have been conned by this merchant and yet it is still in operation! I did call this number and I am told that my account with them is cancelled but I also asked for an email confirming this which to date has never been received - I doubt it ever will, Having read through some of these comments I was left with no option but to cancel my credit card to avoid any future payments being attempted. My credit card company is dealing with the amount already taken but this is certainly not how any reputable company would do business. I am still intending to report this to trading standards along as Katherine has done.- Well done Katherine :-) Unfortunately this looks like a big scam indeed...