Dependable Locks Inc / Overpricing, fraud, unethical

1 Little Rock, AR, United States
Phone: 5013723469

I was made to wait for almost 2 hours while my car was running and locked. I didn't ask for a quote when on the phone with the operator/dispatcher because my neighbor assured me it would cost around $50. When the tech called to confirm his service and another time to apologize for being late and on his way, "No Caller ID" showed up on my cell phone. Plus, he showed up in jeans, in a private car with Massaschusetts licence tag (I'm in Little Rock, AR).

He spoke with a foreign accent, asked for my drivers license, showed me the forms to sign, and told me the cost would be $149. My receipt reads: $39 for service call and $110 for lockout. He told me it'd be hard for this type of car and ended up simply using a slim jim to get in. My car had been running for almost 2 hours, low on gas, I had to get to work and take my 2 kids to school. Desperate. I resigned and paid. Now I plan on disputing part of the charges once the credit card transaction is posted. Other locksmiths would have charged only around 50-60 bucks.

Dependable Locks is listed in the Central Arkansas Yellow Pages as 24-hr Locks with several numbers for each of the cities in the Central Ark area. I called the same number after arriving at work to see what kind of estimate I'd get. The operator told me she was a dispatcher, only the tech can tell me how much it'd cost.

I got in touch with KK who also complained on this board/forum. He said it took 2 months to get a partial credit from the company. I am also submitting a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The company is alraedy listed as UNSATISFACTORY.

What a scam.