Dependable Auto Shippers / Late delivery and damage

DAS is the worst!

I got my car shipped from Minneapolis, MN to Seattle, WA in Feb 2008. It took them 4 weeks to arrive. They promised within two weeks. When my car arrived, there were scratches on the doors, dents and was very dirty. There were 100 miles more on it then when I dropped it off. I called DAS and wrote letters asking for an explanation and they have not replied.

I ran out of options so I’ve located the names of the owners of the company and I’ve been sending emails hoping someone will hear my call.

Here are the contact names for DAS corporate incase anyone needs it.

Rick LaForge – CEO

Glenda Gideon – Customer Relations Manager
ggideon@dasautoshippers.com

Press Release –
pressrelease@dasautoshippers.com

Comments

• De
      6th of Oct, 2008

I wish I would have read this review before I shipped my car with DAS. It has been almost a month now since I left my car in San Diego to be delivered to Minneapolis and I still do not have my car. No one can tell me where it is or when it will arrive in Minneapolis. Thanks for all of the e-mail address. I have e-mailed everyone, maybe one of them will contact me.

Thanks,
    Deborah

• Ti
      7th of Nov, 2008
    Dependable Auto Shippers - Lack of Customer Service/Feel Ripped Off
    California

I had my car shipped from NY to CA.

When I got to CA I recieved a call the night before that my car would be delivered at a certain time and I gave them the best # to reach me at. My saw that my phone was dead the next morning so I called at around 8am to make sure to let them know that I would be available at the number given so I talked with the supervisor and gave him another number. He was very hasty in taking it from me and hung up promptly after.

My car was supposed to be dropped off between 11am-2pm and by 1pm I still had no gotten a call from them saying that my car was on its way. I called the company around 1:15pm to find out that they had been trying to get in touch with me since 11am. I had had my phone on my and checked it constantly through out the morning so I know I did not recieve any calls. It turns out that the supervisor I had called earlier in the day wrote my number down wrong and had the audacity to say, "I read the number back to you to confirm." Downright lie. The number was barely even the same thing that I gave him. He actually blammed me!!! He told me that I just gave him the wrong number, which is rediculous... I said, "Maybe you just heard me wrong or wrote it down wrong but I honestly know my own number." His only replys were, "Take it up with customer service." and "It's not my fault you don't know your number." Wow...

I called customer service immediately but I guess the supervisor called before I did. I explained to the customer service woman several times what happened but in the end she kept rudely interrupting me with, "It doesn't matter if it's the supervisors fault, you still have to pay a $280 non-delivery fee." The more I tried to disuss the matter that a supervisor taking my number down wrong is not my fault she got ruder and ruder. She only made the situation much worse and made me more frusterated. After all that she brought my $280 fee down to $150 on top of the $1200+ for the shipping of the car. Gee what a bargin.

ON TOP OF THAT, there were dents and scratches all over my car when I got it. Because of some idiots mistake I now had to pay much more for my car to be shipped. I feel VERY cheated. Screw this company, I would never work with them again.

• Co
      3rd of Aug, 2009

This company has almost 300 complaints with the Better Business Bureau. They claim to be the best. Any company that uses a terminal to store your vehicle for transport will take longer to arrive .
    And will likely get damaged more getting loaded on and off of the trucks. DAS uses local trucks some from towing company's hired to pickup and store your vehicle. And they don't tell you a towing company will be picking up your vehicle, and holding it until one of their trucks or a sub hauler ( a truck other than their own) picks the vehicle up and takes it to the next DAS terminal and drops it there again a different truck will pick the vehicle up. And this is how DAS moves alot of their vehicles. They claim to track them and they do it's easy for them to find the vehicles. Because they are in a terminal waiting to be moved again. And yes DAS will also hire owner operators to transport their autos. Bet they didn't tell you that. On the website they won't tell you to go to the bbb and check them out like other auto carriers do. check it out for yourself then make your choice .

• Co
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Like they say the BBB tells the whole story.

25th of Aug, 2010

Thank you for the list of contact names. Unfortunately, we shipped our car with DAS and it also arrived damaged. They must have made a mistake loading it and damaged the mirror totally and the side of the car (dents etc.). DAS claims department is a joke - they do NOT return calls. Must have left a dozen of messages. Plus they will take a $ 250 deductible of EVERY claim and are not paying you for a rental car during repair (body work can take up to 3 days...). Beware of this company - once you have a problem with them, they do not care and treat you bad ... they already got your business, I guess...
    I will try to contact everybody on your list. Hope somebody cares. Otherwise, let's just spread the word about this company on the internet !

• Av
      17th of Feb, 2011

Wake up people do you pay for your food before you put it in the basket? Of course not. Never pay a deposit for any kind of transport. If a Broker / Transport company ask for a deposit before pickup run the other way.
    Transport companies will trap you into doing business with them. Pay only with a credit card not a debit card. Credit card if something goes wrong with your transport you can reverse charges. Just call your credit card company. Never pay cash ever. If the broker / Transport company is not a member of the Better Business Bureau there is a good reason why they don't belong. And if a company has to have a deposit tell them you will pay it after the vehicle is loaded on the transport truck not before. Remember do not give your money to any one until the service was finished. All transport carriers can be paided in full on delivery.
    Stand up to these rip off companies. Your in the drivers seat you tell them the way you want the terms or you will find another carrier to move your vehicle.
    Have a good day.

• Ve
      8th of Apr, 2011

Thank you so much for this post and all of their email addresses. I will be doing everything in my power to spread the word about this horrible company. With all the terrible reviews I've read, you'd think a class action suit should be filed against this company. Thank you again!

• Ir
      12th of Jun, 2014

DAS has had my car in a dirt lot in Markham, IL for 30 days. I have to chase them down for any update which has been delay after delay. They have 218 complaints with the BBB in the last 3 years alone all for damage to vehicles and delays in IL. I hope somebody reads this before they ship through D.A.S. or ER Towing (The IL depot & towers DAS uses)

3rd of Aug, 2015

You cant pick the carrier when its moved by a relocation company..which is what just happened to my daughter and son in laws 2 BMW cars.. Yes 2 BMW cars..they had the top pf the transporter collapse on my son in laws roof.. and my daughters clutch was broke when it got there 1 week after the first one..it sat in Chicago a week with a burnt out clutch..the cars both drove on the transporter at the house perfectly.. they video taped it.. however wtf they did after that is beyond everyone..no communication from the company and a couldnt care less attitude...dont use these people and tell your relocation company NOT TOO