Department of Home Affairs / I finally understand why people go to Home Affairs and take hostages or commit suicide at their offices
I finally understand why people go to Home Affairs and take hostages or commit suicide at their offices. I have an existing Passport that expires in Jan 2010, unfortunately you can't travel abroad with your passport for the last 6 months your passport is valid. I will be traveling to Zanzibar in Oct 09 so that meant I had to apply for a renewal. I went to the Home Affairs in Kempton Park in May 09 thinking that this should be more than enough time.
Well guess what it is now middle Sept and I still do not have my passport. I had to submit my photos and fingerprints twice now and was just informed now I have to submit it again. I have spoken to Head Office on numerous occasions and they inform me Kempton Park must re-capture the application. When I speak to Kempton Park they inform me that it is with Head Office.
I even gone as far as to ask to speak to a Supervisor at Head Office who took my phone number and told me she would come back to me in 2 days time. I tried to phone her after 3 days and her phone just rings. They even gave me her cell nr and that also just ring.
More Department of Home Affairs Complaints & Reviews
- Home Affairs Pretoria - permits 
- Home Affairs Centurion Pretoria - Lost Application?
- Department of Home Affairs - Rectifying my date of birth on ID is a nightmare
- Home Affairs Akasia Pretoria - No service
- Dept of Home Affairs - Delay in Permit renewal application
- Department of Home Affairs - unbreached birth certificate
- Kokstad Home Affairs - Letter of No Impediment 
- Home Affairs - No delivery 
- Home Affairs - Unabridge Birth Certificate
- Home Affairs - fake passport payment