Department of Home Affairs / I finally understand why people go to Home Affairs and take hostages or commit suicide at their offices

I finally understand why people go to Home Affairs and take hostages or commit suicide at their offices. I have an existing Passport that expires in Jan 2010, unfortunately you can't travel abroad with your passport for the last 6 months your passport is valid. I will be traveling to Zanzibar in Oct 09 so that meant I had to apply for a renewal. I went to the Home Affairs in Kempton Park in May 09 thinking that this should be more than enough time.

Well guess what it is now middle Sept and I still do not have my passport. I had to submit my photos and fingerprints twice now and was just informed now I have to submit it again. I have spoken to Head Office on numerous occasions and they inform me Kempton Park must re-capture the application. When I speak to Kempton Park they inform me that it is with Head Office.

I even gone as far as to ask to speak to a Supervisor at Head Office who took my phone number and told me she would come back to me in 2 days time. I tried to phone her after 3 days and her phone just rings. They even gave me her cell nr and that also just ring.

Comments

• Mo
      Oct 07, 2010

I am hopelessly disappointed in your office being the most important office on the land expected to do excellently on service delivery but doing the exact opposite of what is expected of them...I have applied for an ID last year on the 24th of August for a change of surname and I still dont have my ID.

Initially I made an application assisted by some lady who didn't tell me that I should submit my father's declaration allowing me to use his surname, (obviously the lady didn't know her work!)...And then after this I was told that I should submit it, which I did, apparently I was told that I should have recieved a letter from the Bloemfontein office, (where I made the applicaton) that summoned me to come with that declaration.

EVEN AFTER THIS WHOLE PROCESS WHICH TOOK PLACE IN JULY THIS YEAR, I STILL DONT HAVE MY ID WITH ME...I dont know what I should do now!