dentures full set / both set of dentures are too big

1 145 Nova RoadOrmond Beach Florida, United States Review updated:
Phone: 386.677.1046

I went to the Dentist and I was told by them that they would make me a set of dentures and they would work with me till they were right for my mouth, Well that is not true they are too big and don't match up, the top plate to the bottom plate, I can't eat any thing with them to this date I had all my teeth pulled out on November 14, 2007 and the plates were put in right away. I was back to the dentist 4 times and I kept telling him they were to big for my mouth, and he said on the last visit they are what they are. I am so upset I have to go around all the time with no teeth in because I just can't wear them for very long before my mouth starts husts from trying to hold them in. and it also gives me a headache. I just don't know who to talk to or where to go, for help. I have no money to fight him. And besides I am not a fighter. I just wanted a good set of dentures that I could wear all the time and eat just about anything I wanted too. Now I can only eat thing I can gum. I paid him almost $ 4, 000 just for the dentures, I always thought that was high price, but I was told he was good and the job would be to my satisfactorions. I am not, I am just getting more and more depressed over this problem. Please help.

Comments

• Ka
      3rd of Dec, 2008

i am having the same problem, however my dentist is rude and inappropriate i was scheduled to meet with the dentist on 12/02/08 at 5:00 i arrived at the office after and founded that the gates were closed i called the dentist office number and was told that the office moved to another location. I WAS NEVER INFORMED!!! after walking 3 long blocks in the cold i arrived at the new location.I was seen and fitted with my new dentures***I looked like a smiling dinosaur after expressing my feelings i was informed that i must give it a couple of days to adjust "keep them in, however your gums will be sore and you might get blisters that is normal. come back in a week. Now i'm at work with a wide smile and a mouth full of large teeth...my plan is to report this situation to the dental Assoc. and the better business, and my union.This cost me 5, 000 with the help of my union what a painful ripoff. not laughing

• Ca
      27th of Dec, 2008

Seems we both have had the same unhappy experience, however I've always had beautiful caps done by dentist on L.I.N.Y/ 39yrs there and long story took us here and I dislike the people here, insulting intellence by saying DEER esJUMPED in Front of car. ok but give them more credit, the deer do not jump to thier death as these so called "country bumkins" drive like frustrated fools, so according to statistics the Primary care is Primarily Care-less and the dentures he put in are not high enough on sides for suction, the bottoms too are wide and I am investing in Fixodent as they get richer, pasty glue 2wice a day, as they never hold and you could never eat an apple! I was always attractive and only 45 look 35! I have been a hermit and unlike the social life I did have, I am still not looking for a man, however this is NOT the place to meet anyone/ Manhattan would prove a great day for perhaps meeting at a museum& cafe/ My point is, how does one open a mouth and kiss someone?? This dentist in Scranton told me he couldn't file anymore from the roof of the denture as when I came home I almost choked, so 1 1/2 hrs back so he file it down, but I never said anything about the bottom bec/ they weren't loose yet/ I've seen other dentures and they are high on the sides for suction, not even needing Fixodent, as many people have showed me thiers! My aunt saw mine saying they were done wrong, and how do you eat w/ them?Your dentist made them flat and wide! This is a product of a dentist that never thought of this?All he did was file the roof of the denture, so what, but where do I go to reconstruct these? There "are" dentists in Stroudsberg, and even if they were done elsewhere, this is what they do, until then I will still be unhappy Also after I come home from being out I take them OUT bec/ I cannot stand them in my mouth, only when I know I'll need them later to eat, and chew!If I had money I'd have implants IMMEDIATLY! Just like those celeb's who never had a moment's discomfort!