Dentist / scam billing/ rip off, Unfair fees, horrible service, do not go here

1 3334 North Central AvenueChicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 773- 725-5600

Unprofessional dentist. Dr. Susan Psikos is located 3334 North Central Avenue, Chicago. She suggested that I need crowns on 3 teeth, and she said that I don’t have any cavities. However, another dentist has told me last year that tooth 5 has one, and I have a pain on another tooth. One of the teeth that Dr. Psikos said needs a crown has never had a root canal. This means that I don’t need a crown on it. They said that they will charge me again for procedures that they have completed last year; they have already overcharged me for these procedures last year, more than it is stated on the billing statement from the insurance. The Delta Dental insurance said that they can not charge me again for something done last year. Dr. Psikos never accepted her responsibility for stealing money from customers that she is not supposed to take for procedures that are paid by the insurance. She says that customers are having discount. What kind of discount is that when customers pay money they are not supposed to. Dr. Susan Psikos charges insurance for dental work, and at the same time she charges people money that they are not supposed to pay because it is covered by the insurance. She doesn’t want to return the money to the customers that she has overcharged them. This dentist is a rip off, and a quick sell artist!!!

THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST DENTAL PRACTICE WE'VE EVER BEEN TO AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO THERE, THEY DO NOT USE CONSERVATIVE METHOD AND WILL ADVISE YOU FOR TREATMENTS THAT IS NOT NECESSARILY NEEDED!

Please do not go to this dentist!!

Comments

• Te
      1st of Sep, 2010

I do not know this dentist and certainly feel that it is good to post information concerning a bad experience with a doctor, dentist, automotive repair shop, etc. so that others will be "on their game" if they choose to business with that person. However, that being said, I can not in good faith see someone being given a negative review on a public forum, which will no doubt damage their reputation, and know that at least part of the complaint is due to innaccurate information and lack of knowledge on the complaintants side.

This statement is the specific one that I'm refering to:

I am not certain where this complaintant got this innaccurate information, as to a tooth ONLY needing a crown if it has had a root canal, however this is completely false. A tooth having had a previous root canal is only one of the MANY reasons that a tooth would need a crown to properly restore it, rather than simply doing a filling or replacing an old filling.

These reasons could include either:
    extensive decay where the removal of the decay would remove over 30% of the tooth structure

very large old filling that is now breaking down and seperating from the tooth, where the removal of the old filling and replacing with a new filling would cause the tooth to now be over 30% filling material

where cracks have formed in the tooth and a filling would not hold these cracks together

broken cusps on the teeth

I can not comment on the other issues with this patient, as I don't know her, her dentist or the details of the situation, however I know that on this one specific point, the patient is wrong in her/his belief of the reasons for needing a crown. I do not like to see a dentist or doctor, or even any other professional, complained about when the customer/patient is the one who is uninformed on the issue at hand.