Dentech WhiteningHidden fees and charges

1 Review updated:

STOP! Do not attempt to purchase this product from this company.
The trial is SUPPOSED to be a free trial and the total for the dental whitening product is $1.99 with free shipping.
Upon receiving the product you get a letter that tells you if you would like a full refund please contact [protected]@dentechwhitening.com within 15 days. I received this product on June 29th, 2009 and I was billed $88.97 on July 1st, 2009.
I am experiencing quite a challenge in disputing this matter but I will succeed.
I advise you all not to fall for this gimmick.
Once you call the number [protected], they will ask you for your name and your zip code. Hence, they will tell you that they can not locate you in their record/system.
I will keep you all posted!
Thank you for your time.
Ms. La Salle, NY

Pu

Comments

• Va
      Jul 02, 2009

yes, me too. They charged me 4.95 first + 63.95 after. I called to cancel order, nothing has been opened not dazzle mints nor box that comes after and they say they can only refund $47.89 due to a re-stocking fee. Nothing is free!! Gimmic total scam. Your better off buying crest whitening at store. I bet this whitening system doesnt even work and those cnn and other comments are regarding Whitening systems at home, NOT THIS BRAND NAME. NOTICE nothing says this brand name. Phoney person trying to make $$. Smarty Pants. Wont last. hope to get my refund soon, out of pocket $70.00.

• Da
      Jul 04, 2009

I just called to cancel my order and they said I woudl get an email in 5 to 10 minutes with my cancellation confirmation number. They also said my credit card would not be charged...

I will find out if that is the case soon...

And I am very upset that I fell for this scam so now I am going to figure out a way to help out in the fight against companies like this...

How can I help?

thanks

david gonzalez
    david.[protected]@infocrossing.com

• Xi
      Jul 07, 2009

I order this free trial in June 17 and received the product in June 25. Before I get any chance to try their product, my credit card got charged 88.95 and I just received another package( I even don't know what it is). I am going to call to cancel but I am afraid they gonna to say it is too late. What can I do to get my money back? what a trap!!, I hate this!!!

• Be
      Jul 15, 2009

BEWARE!!! WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM DENTECH WHITENING OR DAZZLE WHITE. THEY ARE RIP-OFF COMPANIES THAT WILL CONSTANTLY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NOT AUTHORIZED ANY CHARGES. YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND TELL THEM TO REVERSE ALL CHARGES FROM THOSE COMPANIES AND THEN HAVE THEM CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD. ON TOP OF THAT, OTHER COMPANIES THAT YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF WILL START CHARGING YOU CREDIT CARD AS WELL. THIS HAS BEEN A HUGE HASSLE FOR US. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU TOO!

Jul 18, 2009

It is very interesting that this page has several ads on it for the very products mentioned. I suspect that https://www.complaintsboard.com is part of the scam also! Don't bother with doing anything through this site. It is "Made by the scammers for the scammers."

• Si
      Jul 20, 2009

I am relieved that I am not alone in this struggle. Dentech and its partners in crime is a scam. Just an FYI I was offered 1/2 my money back
    Not enough I want a full refund Thanks for all your input everyone

• Su
      Jul 22, 2009

This is terrible way to do business and I will contact my local news team.

• Db
      Jul 24, 2009

Same experience here. I signed up for the free sample, and now 15 days later I have multiple charges on my Credit Card. When I called the bank, they were familiar with these people, but they told me that I had to get Dentech to reverse the charges because I had agreed to them on their web page. Dentech says no-way, because it's now 15 days. It's obviously a scam, and so far, they are working it very well!

They seem ready to fight this one out and steal every penny they can before they are forced to pack it up!

In their terms and conditions, they include the following:

263 West Olive Ave #130
    Burbank CA 91502

For questions regarding terms please contact us at
    [protected]@DentechWhitening.com or call [protected]

Jul 24, 2009

I just received my second set and was charged $88.97 I think I was also charged $9.99 and $3.24 from Axis and Webaccess. Please check your credit bill, they may have charge you those additional amount too. Very disappointed. Very unprofessional way to do business.

• Ro
      Jul 29, 2009

i have called to cancel this order i have received, do not charge my credit card of this product, all i wanted was the sample. Please send me a rma number so i can return your product. asap!!!

• Ro
      Jul 29, 2009

i did not order anymore than the sample and need help in returning your product, (rma#) and not to be charged to my credit card...

• As
      Jul 29, 2009

I just called them at the number above, and a guy told me to email the support line and tell them I wanted to return the package they are currently shipping and that I wanted a refund of 88.97 back. Then while on the phone with him, he cancelled the entire order so that they would not bill me any further. I submitted my order over 15 days ago, so maybe there is still hope for all of you who are having difficulties with this company! I hope it all works out...

• Pa
      Jul 29, 2009

This is the excat same thing that happened to me. My daughter ordered a "free" trial. Oh my God, they will not take the product back, they have charged my card outraagoues fees, and they can not locate me when I call, however they charged my card not my daughters. This has been the most horrible experience I have ever dealt with when ordering online. This is a scam. There are no money back guarantees. You don't like you still keep and you still are billed. The cancelled my order, after I was billed the 88.97 before I even received the same product. I got the month supply the day after my card was billed. Please people, do not do this. It is the most outrageous thing I have ever had to deal with. I was told that I would get a full refund with a RMA #, no one would give me that number. Now I am stuck with product that I would never let her put in her mouth. Poor thing, all she wanted was to have nice white teeth for her senior pictures. I am a single mom, now with all these costs, she might not get to take the pictures.

• En
      Jul 31, 2009

I fully agree. I have cancelled my membership that I didn't know I had. Next time I will read all the Terms and Conditions (that is where the monthly fee and shipping charges were located) sneaky and down right shameful marketing tactic. Let that be a lesson to the people who choose NOT to read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS. It is a MUST read from now on. Let's all hope we get our money back. They also tacked on a 9.99 membership to something called Axis wellness. Check your credit cards that you didn't get this charge!!!

Aug 02, 2009

Everyone, who feels they have been scammed, please, please, please send a complaint to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, website to get started " http://www.bbb.org/". As well as send a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission, they deal with law enforcement of consumer protection rights, website to ge started "https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/". Just copy and paste the comments you have made here into their respective websites

• Sq
      Aug 03, 2009

I can't find the website they say to look on and submit a cancelation. Help!

Aug 03, 2009

The web site is not there it must be e-mailed to support @ dentech whitening.com Good luck!!!1
    I ordered the free trial never received it, I received an e-mail stating I would get the order in 3-5 days. I called the 15 th day to cancel my order they billed my credit card $102.32. I have contacted an attorney and the better bus.bureau. After talking to them and e-mailing them 3 times they stated they only billed my card $88.97. I would advise everyone to double check your credit card statements. I found that I have 3 different billings from this promotion one for $102.32, one for $29.99, and one for $9.99.
    When I first contacted them they said they had no record of my account I called back every day for 5 days they still had no record of my account but they had a record to bill me for the product BE VERY AWARE OF THIS COMPANY. As of today I am still waiting on my free trial offer.

• So
      Aug 03, 2009

Im going to cancel my credit card before they bankrupt me and then I'll cancel the order... I tried to go to their web site and it isnt there. (what a shock) So i'll have to call just to hear that they dont have me on record. But I'll have a record of them saying this. I'll try the e mail and get a paper trail going on this so i can report this to the FTC, BBB and the states general attornies office. Of coarse they are all corupt as well... I will never trust CNN and all news castings from here on out.

• Cr
      Aug 04, 2009

I worked at a call center that was affiliated with a program simular to this, the people answering the phones get paid to keep your membership active, sometimes they purposely don't cancel the membership so their numbers don't go down, jeopordizing their jobs, they know you'll call back so they leave it up to someone else to cancel. They even tell them to extend the trail period even further, in the event you call before your card has been charged, which means more bucks in their pockets, needless to say I quit, they don't only scam you, they scam the ones working for them, after one paycheck I realized I wasn't getting paid what they told me, all of a sudden it was a "sliding scale" based on the number of clients I "saved" your best option is seeing if your bank with do a stop payment on all ACH debits from your account, if that doesnt work, change bank account numbers, or credit card numbers. The people on the other side of the phone aren't your friends, they can care less, their just trying to get paid! GOOD LUCK!

• Jj
      Aug 04, 2009

I too am in the same situation and so far have done the following.

1) Checked with Better Business Burea and found numberous complaints with no response. Not good and a rating of an F for this company.
    2) Cancel Credit or Debit card so they cannot charge anything further. It is a hassle, but will save you in the long run.
    3) Dispute the charges with your bank so they can aid in the matter.
    4) Filed complaint with the Federal Trade Commision to investigate them as well.

I will let you all know how it goes. Will also contact California State Attorney for further help if possible.

• Fu
      Aug 05, 2009
    Dentech Whitening - Unauthorized charges
    Ohio
    dentechwhitening.com

I signed up for trial of whitener and only paid s&h. I am very careful about fine print and found nothing when ordering this product. I looked at my bank statement and was charged $88.97 by them and also $9.99 under the name axis wellness portal. When I called their number the guy I talked to was very rude and kept acting like he couldn't hear me. I have contacted my bank to let them know the charges were fraudulant so we will see what happens. Do not sign up for this free trial. The trial product arrives looking like someone packaged it out of their basement. You are also led to believe that you will receive something other than what you receive.

• Br
      Aug 05, 2009

Charged three times $29.99, $9.99, $88.97.

Bought this product in confidence because an ad was on my YAHOO home page. Disappointed in yahoo. No longer a registered user. The only way you can get your money back fully is through your bank. Luckily after an hour of hassle on the phone BOA helped me out but I had to put a block on my card and wait 5-7 days for a new one. The charges by these people were absoloutley shady, even telling the telephone reps how unfair the charges are, especially when I'm not recieving any product, they still play dumb. Karma exists, these people don't understand...the more complaints...the higher their risk is to not even having a job! DO NOT BUY DENTECH products.

Aug 07, 2009

I was charged for a product that I didn't want and didn't order

• So
      Aug 07, 2009

called them they said to email i did computer message sad sorry money is ours icalled and said im close to burbank see ya monday there attitude a little better we will see

• Mi
      Aug 10, 2009

Hello, my name is Mike Clifford and my zip code is 90275
    I'm requesting my money back that your company charged my credit card account in the sum of $88.99.
    I ordered a free sample of your product and was told it would only cost me shipping and handling I think it was $1.99 and was very suprized find that I was taken advantage of. I'm respectfully requesting that you return my money as soon as possible.

Mike Clifford
    [protected]

• St
      Aug 10, 2009

dentech and dazzle white are the biggest scam out there in this day and age, they go as far as to put a fake mom's blog talking about a deal just to screw the consumer. This company should be shut down for being lying scam artists.

• Up
      Aug 23, 2009

I had the same problem with these folks. I ordered my 15 day trial, but by the time I actually received it, I was already being charged the $88. I had literally no chance to use it then I received a package in the mail and noticed a charge on my account. I also got charged 9.99 for something, still haven't figured out what. I emailed the company and they wouldn't refund my money because I had to agree to cancel within 15 days three different times and since I didn't I was charged. I told them that I got my product on the 14th day and they said that was too bad I still hadn't canceled in time. I fought it enough that I was able to get my charge knocked down to 39.99. I asked for a refund and to return the unopened package and they still said no, so this was the best compromise I was going to get. Don't do this if you are considering it. I am going to go to the BBB like MAD-AS-HELL suggested because these guys are awful!!!

• Ba
      Sep 03, 2009

I would like to cancel my acct of mine.. Please contact me at [protected]@msn.com. No one said after 15 days you would be charged. I would like to cancel..

• Gi
      Sep 11, 2009

This has been the most horrifying experience of my life. It happened with not only DenTech but DazzleWhite as well. I got a refund from Dentech eventually. Dazzlewhite refunded one of the two large payments. I received the charge from Axiswellness and finally got that canceled. There was also Webaccess and I got that canceled. One refunded, one didn't. NOW, I am getting charges from MyDietID for $6.87 and Healthmember for $7.14. At least these had 1-888 numbers I could call. I canceled both, but My DietID will not refund my money.

I intend to report all of these companies to every source I can, an God help any other companies that contact me or charge my account.

vlazidis

• Al
      Sep 16, 2009

I am the same... This is rediculous... When I ordered I saw the logo of CNN and other highly broadcasted news advertisements on their introduction page, it gave me a feeling of ease...When I was charged 88.97 for something I was told I would only pay 1.99 for I was infuriated... I wanted to attack the news programs just for having their names on something so misleading, but I read into it and it said that they are not connected nor have any affiliation to Dentech...At this point I am heated...I called the company and at first I tried to stay calm, but it was extremely hard to do so while the person on the other end of the line was so calm knowing that the company they are working for was scaming so many hard working americans that have it so hard in our economy... He might as well just sat there and laughed at me... I finally lost my cool and just told them to cancel my subscription, and they have but I am sorry my fight is not over, I work to hard for what I do have to have some immoral company take what I have earned with a lie... I am going to somehow get a court of law involved, if you would like to follow suit, please comment back.

• Us
    Dentech Whitening - unauthorized charging to my account
    Alaska
    [protected]@yahoo.com

I ordered a free trial offer of a tooth whitening product and was told all I had to do was pay the freight for the trial period. I ordered the FREE trial product and then started receiving more and more of the product and was billed to my original credit card. I had no idea this was going to happen. I wanted to try the product and if it worked, I would probably have purchased more. As it has turned out, I have not yet even tried the original FREE sample. I emailed the company to stop sending the product and asked for a refund of the unauthorized charges to my credit card.
    Please send me an RMA number and an address so I can return your product.

Steve Wheeler

• Di
    Dentech Whitening - NO CREDIT RECEIVED/NO PKG EITHER
    Katy
    Texas

WAS not aware needed any # or information to return package. DID not even open. Package returned noted RTS without even looking to see what it was. NO instructions on pkg for return, etc...
    NO credit received, NO satisfaction on phone either. SCAM for many people trying to "sample" the best others have to offer. NEVER expecting to receive such POOR assistance in the end. This type of SCAM does injustice for decent companies who honor and respect the public for these types of opportunities!

• Sh
      Aug 08, 2016

I too received the trial sample and have not had a chance to use it when I was sent the refills. I did not purchase the refills and wanted to try the sample first. I will not pay $88. and need to return the product.

• Ka

### you

• Ca

I totally agree

• Ew
      Aug 08, 2016

does anyone have a customer service for this scammer? i have been looking all over the net to no avail. Dentech Whitening has promised me a refund but has not followed through. if you know of a place where i can find the phone number for this bogus company please email me at [protected]@msn.com. thank you for any help you can give!

Seashore Dr
    Newport Beach California

The fact need to cancel initial low price order very hidden. I got bill for $88 for follow-on order i didn't want or request. I hadn't even had time to try the trial sample.
    I am very unhappy and thing things were hidden on the need to cancel when all wanted was the trial very low price order.

• Mi
    1594 salem street
    Lakewood
    New Jersey
    Phone: [protected]

I was sent additional products I did not ask for or authorize. I was charged $88.97 for products. There are hidden fees when applying for free trial offer. I would like my charge of $88.97 to be returned into my Visa account.

Florida

I ordered this products trial offer and no where in the information field did it say anything about having to cancel within a certain amount of time some membership or I would be charged every month a fee of $88.97. I tried to cancel this on the website they sent me to but does not exist---

• Te
    Dentech whitening
    Camden
    Alabama
    [protected]@yahoo.com

I would like to return the product for a refund. I have not used any of it I just want my $88.97 back .