DentaQuest / oral surgeon referral

1 Flagler Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

My daughter has been trying to get 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out since her March 2018 visit with her dentist Mark Johnson in Flagler Beach, FL. We were referred to Dr Jason Sheikh in Daytona Beach at Coast Dental who moved back to South Florida a week before her consult. We had to wait for another referral which I was told UNF Dept of Oral And Max Dr. Bunnell but come to find out he was not on the plan. Then we were referred to Dr. Nathalie Shoer in Casselberry which was a 1 1/2 hr drive one way from our home. We went for the consult and she gave us a bill of $912.00 and said if we did not pay $584.00 for cologen to be put into the holes where the teeth were removed she refused to do the surgery. We had to obtain another referral after having them void the auth for extraction and we were sent to Dr. Jason Lee in Jacksonville who is 80 miles from our home one way. We went for the consult which on the referral the address was incorrect almost causing us to have to reschedule the visit. They seen us over an hour late because we had to drive another 20 miles across town. Now he submitted for the 4 impacted teeth but when I call Dentaquest is telling me they did not receive the auth from Dr. Lee an that Dr. Shoer still needs to cancel the auth she sent. I called Stacey at Dr. Shoer and she said this was done on Sept 4 with confirmation #[protected] and she spoke with ZasZas. I am about to get in touch with Tallahassee and complain to someone about you all as my daughter turns 19 on Dec 16 and is on a time crunch to get these teeth removed. Will someone reach out ASAP and get the referral expedited so she can have the surgery. Also when I call Dentaquest their is an hour plus hold and then you get people who are not very knowledgable with insurance and referrals.

Jo
Sep 24, 2018

Comments

25th of Sep, 2018

My name is Jaime Garcia, a supervisor here at Dentaquest. I am sorry that you are experiencing these difficulties. If you could please provide me with the members information and the best form of contact where I can reach you, I would gladly be able to assist you.