DentalPlans.com / Serious Problem

1 250 S. Northwest Highway, Suite 340, Park Ridge, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (847) 954-0400

I chose to join Careington dental plan on DentalPlan.com's site. DentalPlans.com charged me $114.95. I checked and Careington charges $32.95 on their site for their plan. Also, DentalPlans charged my card card TWICE, even though after inputting my info on DentalPlan's site, the screen said an "Error Occurred" and we cannot process your credit card. (No, I did NOT go back in and input it again; I closed out immediately) AND, it signed me up for not Careington's plan, but DentalPlans.com's service, whatever the heck that is. I got an e-mail from DentalPlans.com that said: "Thank you for contacting DentalPlans.com. We received your inquiry and will assist you as soon as possible." When I called Careington, they knew NOTHING about my wanting to join their plan. They are investigating. I am going after these guys big time. AND OH, it is incredible that DentalPlans.com ad is at the top of this website!!!

Comments

• De
      29th of Nov, 2010

We are sorry to hear about the misunderstanding regarding the Careington discount dental plan you purchased through DentalPlans.com. After reviewing your account, I can confirm your credit card was immediately refunded in full, per your request.

We hope you will consider DentalPlans.com in the future for your discount dental plan needs. For over 12 years, DentalPlans.com has been trusted by more than 30 discount dental plan networks, including Careington, Aetna, Cigna and others to market their plans on our website and we are proud of our A+ rating with the BetterBusinessBureu.
    Feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-494-9294, Monday through Friday from 8 am – 6 pm CST, if you have any additional questions

• Ky
      6th of Jan, 2011

As someone who used to work in the discount dental plan industry for several years I can attest that most often it is foolish to purchase a dental plan even if you don't have dental insurance.
    I have found when looking for a new dentist that they will often negotiate their fees below Careington's fee schedule and others fee schedules as well. It's a win win situation for both parties. You (the client) get a discounted rate and don't have to pay for Careington's fees and the dentist gets a new and loyal client.
    Kdog

• Wi
      25th of Feb, 2012

How would they be able to review the account of the complainant? That person did not include his full name and address.

Here's how you cancel:
    Any communication given or required under this Agreement must be sent by first class mail, postage prepaid, or by an overnight delivery service such as Fed Ex or United Parcel Service, and addressed to the Member, at the address shown in DENTALPLANS.COMs records, or from the Member to DENTALPLANS.COM, at:

DENTALPLANS.COM Member C.A.R.E.