Dental Plus Dental Ggroup` / Aggressive overcharges for services!

1 310 s. lake avePasadena, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6264324253

I was charged for dental services in the amount of $2719, before services were rendered. I canceled the service contract on 1/10/08, however the dentist refused to cancel the services and waited some three weeks before they refunded a portion of the monies charged. They refused to cancel something called temp-biotemps for which they took impressions for on 1/8/08. I started disputing their costs for services on 1/9/10 and when they refused to re-write my treatment plan, canceled all services on 1/10/08. They refused to cancel the lab work and claim that i owe them for two bio-temps that they sent me in the mail to the tune of $450.00. My position is that they had plenty of time to cancel the biotemp work but chose not to in an effort to intimidate me into continuing the treatments at their office.

Comments

Mi
  17th of Mar, 2008

If they have NOT installed the product in you, they cannot charge you for a service they did not render and do not complete. Unless u signed something waiving ur right to stop services once in motion. U need to get legal advice.

Tr
  11th of Aug, 2008

All lab work is sent out the same day. Offend the lab will start the work the same day. Patient is responsible for all insurance dollars due. A refund would not be issued until confirmed insurance payment was received.

La
  3rd of Sep, 2008

I had Biotemps made when I had my dental work done and they were done in two days. You will end up paying for them. Most dentist make you sign your life away. Weather you know it or not they most likely had you sign a release. You start you finish!

Mi
  1st of Oct, 2008

The last time I was in the dentist after they were correcting some changes to my partial. Stated the next step to do is to pull all the upper teeth out. I said "is that the only thing I can do? is that my only choice?" They said I had to make an appointment to check into that. It took a few months because I had to pay the 300.00 bill before they would talk to me again. So today I drive 20min wait 15min in the waiting room. They took me in, no bib or anything, the dentist looked at my x-rays, which were in their( possession already) and said yes we can save these teeth. She looked in my mouth for a second confirmed the cavities that were still there from before. I started to ask more questions, She tells me to talk to the receptionist . She tells me she will call me later after she talks to the insurance company. They gave me a 55.50$ bill, stating on the bill that they were charging me for "ONE SURFACE COMPOSITE RESIN, code 2391. I spent more time in the waiting area and they could of answered this on the phone, I feel like it was unfair to charge for something that was not done. Nothing was done, no talk of procedure, time, nothing. Is there a reason for this charge that I am missing?