Dental Insurance / Processing Claims

1 Newport News, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 757-838-9191

I had dental work done on February 18, 2009. The claims were mailed. Today is April 27, 2009 and I still have not been reimbursted. It's as if this insurance company could care less about reimbursting their clients. When I called to check on the status of my claims, I'm always told, more paperwork is needed from the dentist. My dentist immediately mail the paperwork they needed and CIGNA do nothing! I have called serveral times asking what is the status of my claims? I get the same answer, "we need more paperwork from the dentist. They say this so much until they get caught up in their own excuses. Just last week, I called and I was told the usual, "they were waiting on paperwork from my dentist." Well, I had already spoken to my dentist and they got the notice from CIGNA and the paperwork was sent to CIGNA IMMEDIATELY. When the customer service rep told me they were waiting on the paperwork from CIGNA, I told her I knew my dentist had sent the paperwork and CIGNA should have it. I was put on hold and she comes back to tell me, "Oh, yes, we have it. I will post it so the claim can be processed and it will take 8 - 1o days to process the claim." I said ok. Today I logged onto CIGNA to check the status on my claim and once again, "PENDING, waiting on paperwork from my dentist." I called and spoke to a customer service rep and she stated to tell me CIGNA is waiting on paperwork. I told her NO, the paperwork was sent to them and they had received it. Once again I'm told it will take 8-10 for processing. Due to economical times, I need my money just as the doctors and dentists need theirs and as CIGNA needs theirs. I paid up front because this what I had to do with CIGNA. Now it's a hassel to get my money. I'm a single mother with 2 children in college, money is tight. Please, if something can be done to let CIGNA and other insurance companies know they have to pay the claims in a timely manner. I have to pay my insurance premiums every months or will not have insurance. I would like be treated the same.

More Dental Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cb
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Haha, I've been waiting longer and theyve had the paperwork the entiretime. My problem is although they have the correct address, the checks keep getting lost, and you have to wait thirty days to request a stop on them and then wait about forty days before they actually do any thing, literally its been a month and a half and they stopped it yesterday. Now I'm waiting the ten to fifteen days for them to send out a new check and I was also informed that there would be another thirty for it to be delivered. Thirty days to deliver a small envelope, wow.its only been seven months since I had the dental work done.

• Im
      27th of Feb, 2013

i took out dental insurance in April threw my job and went to a dentist appointment just recently and found out i was not even enrolled lucky for me my dentist did see me my employer told me they will give me back the money i paid into it and i would have to wait until next enrollment my feelings of this matter is that its their error not mine and they should give me my insurance I should not have to suffer the lost i wanted dental insurance thats why i signned up i am so crushed my dreams of having my teeth fixed and being pain free are crushed and I am left hanging Lets just say i had prefect teeth and never went to the dentist it would have kept coming out of my pay check I wonder where the money went to if it was not going toward dental insurance