Denta-White / Unauthorized Charge

1 ID, US Review updated:

The product was ordered with the clear understanding the first packet of trial product would only cost shipping. The product, DentaWhite, arrived from DENTAWHITE, 654 North 800 East #505, Spanish Fork, UT 84660. Absolutely nothing else but one box of this product was in the USPS First Class Mail packet, and no instructions for re-order, cancellation, or explanation of a trial period. The product arrived August 19, 2009 and on August 26, 2009, my card was charged $92.37 from White Pearly Smile, with a phone number of [protected]. The phone number does not answer with this message: "I'm sorry; this number cannot be reached for your area." ON the same date, there was also a charge of $1.85 from the same company.

The box of product has not been opened.

DentaWhite, as located at a website with this url: http://white-smiles.com displays the same address in Spanish Fork, UT and provides this phone number: [protected]. I've tried the number, and there is a recorded message, indicating it is after business hours.

I've gone to DentaWhite's website, and cancelled the 'Home Delivery Plan', which I never signed up for in the first place. The phone number listed there is the same 866.982.5126.

How can I receive a refund for the $92.37 charge, and the $1.85 shipping, both of which were charged illegally.

If it helps to submit a photo of the box, I"ll be glad to do that; currently no digital photo has been taken.

Comments

Sep 03, 2009

I also received the the same recording about not being able to dial the number from my area, how ever, I called the other number [protected] and was able to cancel.
    It is 9:25 EST and I just got off the phone with them. It was an easy transaction. I hope this helps.

Sep 04, 2009

Call customer service at: 866.982.5126 for help. hours are 8:00 am to 6:00pm central time.

Sep 15, 2009

You can return the product for a full refund, but don't wait till it is too late to return. Just call customer service at 866.982.5126. both are easy to do.

• La
      Oct 07, 2009

i was charged by the company an i have never heard of them. I called them and they said they didnt charge my card, but my statement says they did. I am so pissed.

Nov 06, 2009

If you have problems, the first thing is to call customer service. To contact Denta White customer service call them at [protected].

• Mm
      Dec 07, 2009

I wish that I head researched this product before ordering. I have learned my lesson and I will not use any other "free trials." I just called the number listed above. When I called last week, they could not find my information. Today I call and they magically find it right away. Luckily I have not opened the product. I am going to send it back. Representative said that I could receive refund if I returned product post marked by January 2nd. I'm sending it off today. I'm not sure if this will work but it is worth a try. I've canceled my credit card even though I have a charge of 92.37 pending. Always research!!! I had been calling the same number last week. The rep said that maybe I called the wrong number. I have a cell phone and I have proof that I've dialed the correct number. I tried emailing the company with the email listed online. I get a reply back saying that the "email is not monitored." That makes no sense. Stay away!!! Stick to over the counter products at Wal-mart. I know I will! Go to website and file a complaint.

• Ai
      Jan 04, 2010

Another phone # that I have had luck with is: [protected] & you actually speak with a person if you hold on the line. I cancelled the "subscription" that I never agreed to after they had already charged me $92.37. When I received the package there wasn't any p/w in the package only the box of product! No contact, return, or "subscription" information! I never opened the package & received the Return Merchandise Authorization # when I cancelled. I then returned the product via Fed Ex in order to prove they received the product back in the allotted 10 days of when the order was cancelled. They received the product back but when I called to find out when I would receive refund of monies today, 1/4/10, they said that it would take 2 -3 weeks because they are so busy. This company is intentionally deceitful when ordering your "free" trial & NOT providing any information when they send the product!

• Sc
      Jan 07, 2010

OMG same thing signed up for the 1x only 1.87 shipment charged 89.00 now recevied
    2nd shipment for another 89.00 am on the phone right now with Colton? said it was a
    10 day trial ..the best they will do is give a 50% refund so i guess i'm stuck and take what i can get. i am going to contact my local tv channel to see if they want to get involved...the number i called was [protected].
    good luck! such a scam

• Cu
      Jan 19, 2010

This company is a rip off. They mislead that you will be eligible for a full refund but you will not see a dime unless you either A) cancel DURING the trial period or B) do not use the product AT ALL. Once you pass the 10 day period, if the product has been used, or even opened for that matter, THEY WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY. On the tenth day, my credit card was charged $92.37 so I called the customer service line. I explained that I wanted to cancel my membership and wanted a full refund. The rep emailed me a RMA request form and said it would take 30 days for processing. After reading the form, I realized that refunds will not be issued if product has been used. I called to verify if this applied to me since I canceled my trial period, and he said I was too late and would not be eligible to get my money back. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and his response was that no one in their company would give me a refund. I persisted, and he finally agreed to transfer me to someone else. I was put on hold, and then the line was disconnected. The great customer service was icing on the cake...

• Ta
      Feb 09, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me. In fact I just got an email stating that I had cancelled after the 10 day trial. I thought I had 14 trial days to try the product to see if I liked it. Well I got charged the 92.87 before the 14 days even 10 days. So I went online and tried to cancel the product. That was successful but I tried to call the 800 number with no luck. Finally I got through well I cancelled with them on the phone they said that I would get an email shortly in which I never got. So I had to call back unsuccessful the first week, finally I got ahold of them they said that they would resend it. I guess I should have kept them on the phone, but didn't and guess what they didn't answer again. To make a long story short I got the email and address, sent it back to them. That was 3-4 mths ago and I just got an email today from them stating that they were sorry but I hadn't cancelled it until after the 10 days so they wouldn't be able to refund the money. What a scam, I guess I learned the hard way never give out any info online.
    Tammy Kohler

Spanish Fork
    Utah
    Phone: [protected]
    white-smiles.com

I orders a free sample from this company. After recieving it I cancelled the order online. I thought I was done with the company. They charged me $92.37 for the so called free sample which I accepted because I got 'caught' Since I had cancelled the service I expected to see the end of it. However today I got more of thier product in the mail and when I checked my credit card I was charged $92.37 again. I called them and told them I wished to return the product and have th charge reversed. They refused and said I could get no refunds more then 50 days after I got the ORIGINAL order. I insisted that they refund this. the guy refused to let me speak to a supervisor and actually hung up on me. they claim my account is now cancelled but I must pay the $92.37 for the stuff I got today,