Denta Whiteunauthorized charges

1 Review updated:

Unauthorized charges!!! After an on-line request for a sample which it was clearly stated that I would only be charged for the shipping of the sample (~$4) I was then sent another sample and charged $80 without my approval. I tried to contact one number listed with the product and it directed me to a completely unrelated business number. Then I tried a different number I found in association with the product's customer service center. After a notification that I would have to wait for a rep because 'of the high demand of the product named 'Denta White" I reached a CS rep who told me that Denta White was not their product. Then I explained that I thought it was all a scam and that I was going to whatever I have to to make this situation right, the rep left the phone for a moment and came back to apologize and acknowledge the product was theirs. However, he continued to tell me that their computer system was down and that he couldn't help me. We'll see. I will keep calling and then figure out what to do after that. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to deal with this please let me know. I am disgusted that the world/internet is so full of sames and lacking morality and ethics.

Comments

• Cr
      Jul 21, 2009

Close your bank account and open a new one. I had a similar experience with another product. I talked to my bank they closed my account and transferred what I had into my new account. The company cannot do anything because what they are doing is illegal.

Jul 21, 2009

I also ordered the free sample of denta white, the shipping that month was $1.87, not bad for a little package with 2 plastic things to go over your teeth, two little injections, the package was all beat up, looked like it had been opened before.
    But the next month I received another shipment, I was billed $78.38 and $5.95 for shipping, the same merchandise. It was all charged to my discover card. I talked to rep, who assured me, I could not send the dent white back and if I did I would be charged any way. I tried the denta white for three weeks, can't tell any difference in my teeth. What to do? I think it's a big scam and rip off.

• Pl
      Jul 22, 2009

Before purchasing products online it is important to read the terms and conditions of the offer and to make sure you have the correct product when trying to cancel. There are a lot of these kinds of companies and it can be confusing.

DentaWhite customers can cancel their product by going to white-smiles.com and clicking on the cancellation link at the bottom of the page. There you can also find the terms and conditions link that would be very helpful to read.

• Av
      Jul 23, 2009

I was tricked by this company, I think they tried to intentionally mislead the customer. Acutally it is my credit company warned me about this possible problem, and I have canceled the order the same day. Their agents promised nothing will be charged or shipped from this point on except for the $.99. If not, I will report to BBB and get the bottom of it.

Another worth product comes with it is called "Dazzal White", same thing.

• Ba
      Jul 30, 2009

I had the same thing happened to me. I called the bank I disputed the charges and I got a new card with a different number. They said that should take care of it I didn't have to close my account and open a new one though

• Cd
      Jul 30, 2009

I just got of the phone with them and they gave me an RMA number to send the product back, that was the 2nd of July 2009, still no refund. The girl said that she couldn't issue the refund beause the product was opened. The product was not opened! I sent a signture required when I sent the product and show that it was sent to them by thire RMA # and then she said that I was beyound the 30days and was not eligable for a refund.. I told her I want her name and a supervisor and she said she couldn't do that and the supervisor would give me thire name if I got to one. Sounds like a scam to me. I think we all should send this to the tv channel they claim backs them and see what some bad publisity will do for them.

• Ca
      Aug 13, 2009

I feel into the same scam trap that the others have commented on. I am going to cancell this card and get a new on. Please tell everyone you know about this FRAUD!!!

Aug 14, 2009

I had problems with this company also. Ordered on the 3rd and canceled on the 13th. I was charged for another product on the 13th. Argued with them only received 50% discount not a refund. I was told what is sent out is not a trial size but a full product and if you do not cancel within ten days you are then charged for the so called free trial. Be sure if you try this to cancel before ten days after ordering. Be on the safe side cancel early!

• Nz
      Aug 21, 2009

This company is running some SCAM!! I also tried to cancel the product and they wouldn't do it because it was after 10 days and they wouldn't remove the charge back even I shipped it back to them. They are totally scamming people and it should be stopped. No reputable company would charge you even if you returned the product unused, which I did and was not refunded due to the time frame. This is such a bogus scam - I am ashamed I was intrigued by the so-called "free trial"!

• Al
      Aug 26, 2009

I DO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THIS COMPANY, and you know what thank you to the people who KNOW how to read. It's annoying taking calls from people who are acting stupid like they dont know anything. Read before you sign up for things. These sites do NOT say FREE TRIAl they say TRIAL PERIOD! you know made yourself believe it was free. You will not find the word free on the site. The conditions are RIGHT NEXT TO THE CREDIT CARD BOX. stop being lazy it take 2 minutes to read!!! Im 21 and my mom taught me at a young age NOTHING is free so everyone who calls is older then me, so you look dumb when I learned that YEARS ago, Its NOT A SCAM just read what you freakin sign up for!

• Ll
      Aug 27, 2009

I have an email that says I would be billed for the shipping of my sample. It clearly says sample not trial . Samples are one thing, , , , , , , trials are another.
    How can you work for such a company...do you like your job?
    I too am going to persue this as far as possible, I will pay for anything I buy, but did not see how I was purchasing it. The things you are supposed to read to know this are well disquised. If it is a good product we would pay whatever for it and not B___!LL

• Kg
      Sep 02, 2009

I ordered this free trial also. However, when you do this you MUST read all of the print. It specifically stated that I would automatically receive another shipment after 10 days and be charged that same amount if I did not cancel before that 10 days was up. I ordered anyway received the product, liked it and canceled it before the 10 days was up. When I cancelled I called the number from the website that I printed out and kept in a folder titled Denta White so that I would not forget to do this. I also marked on my calender that I needed to cancel before the 10 days. I received a cancellation # from the representative and have had no problems since. I received a free product to try for the cost of shipping. You have to keep track of what YOU sign up for and be RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSEL[censored] No one else will! Read everything before you agree. If you don't then it is your own fault not the company!! PLEASE PEOPLE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF INSTEAD OF POINTING FINGERS AT THE OTHER GUY!! DAH!!

Sep 04, 2009

Call customer service at: 866.982.5126 for help.

Sep 04, 2009

I also got suckered into this one and I am usually very wary of such ads-- have been having a hell of a time protecting my bank account from them. The product isn't worth diddly.

Sep 11, 2009

Denta White trial kit is yours to keep, but you need to cancel the automatic upcoming shipments&charges before the end of the trial period. You can cancel on-line with a clic at the bottom under tems and conditions.

Dazzle Smile is another story. You need to return the trial kit before the end of the trial period, otherwise the value of the trail kit is charge to you (±$80 US$). You need to call them to stop the automatic upcoming shipments and also notify them that you will return the trial kit. I was told I still had enough days to have the package sent by registered mail. With a clic at the bottom of the page you register, under terms and conditions.
    Here you have the ph# for dazzlewhite as well as those for Fit club and Health ressources.

Billing
    When you place your order today with DazzleSmile, you will automatically become a part of our elite customer club. Your active credit card will only be billed $4.95 for the shipping of your 14-day day trial. If you choose to keep your trial, your active credit card will be billed the low member price of only $79.95 for your trial, and each additional month you continue to use DazzleSmile. (Shipped as a fresh, 3 month supply every 90 days.) And remember, there’s no obligation – you can cancel your membership at any time by calling [protected]. Additionally, for your fourteen-day and twenty-eight day trials to World Club Fitness and Weight Loss Resources you will be charged $6.95 and $8.95 a month thereafter (shows as "VH ACCESS" and "HEALTHMEMBER") should you choose not to cancel. Charges for bonuses are non-refundable, but subscription can be canceled and future charges stopped at any time by calling toll-free [protected] for World Club Fitness and [protected] for Weight Loss Resources. Orders outside of US pay an additional $9.95 for shipping. No obligation, CANCEL ANYTIME!

• Je
      Sep 15, 2009

Dentawhite is a worthless company. They make sure they charge you a couple of times before you even know what happened and then they will not give you a refund even though you have not received any product.

I had 2 charges on my credit card:

8/16 Natural Clean [protected].37
    9/06 Healthydays [protected].37

I called the first number not knowing that the 2 charges were for the same thing. Interesting how they mask it with 2 different company names. This charge would have been for the so called 'trial package' that you get charged for if you do not cancel. The person I talked to, Analisse, told me that if the product was un-opened it could be returned for a refund. Well of course it wasn't unopened. I had had it for a month.

I then made the second call. Found out it was for the same thing but it was for product I did not even have. The person I talked to, Natasha, said that it was on its way. I told her that I would send it back for my refund which was what Analisse said I could get. She told me that Analisse did not say that and that I could not get a refund. Needless to say I got pretty irate, and she hung up on me.

Well I called again. This time Chad talked to his supervisor and they said I could get about $60 back. This for something I had not even received yet.

These people are ### of the earth. Do not buy!!!

I did get the address of their legal department if anyone cares:

428 East Thunderbird Rd #131
    Phoeniz, AZ 85022

Sep 15, 2009

You can return the product for a full refund, but don't wait till it is too late to return. Just call customer service at 866.982.5126. both are easy to do.

• Lo
      Sep 17, 2009

I am another victim of this SCAM. They charged me $92.00 for the product that of course they said was free.
    I called my bank to dispute this charge and they contacted the company in order to confirm that it was an actual mistake, and I was more than happy that they could hear it, because I was sure that I did not agree to pay NINETY TWO DOLLARS for that mediocre product. However, I had the misfortune to speak with the worst costumer service representative that I have ever talked to.

She had NO training whatsoever, she was nasty, she yelled at me, and told me that I didn't know how to read: " it was very clear on the website, you probably don't know how to read."
    After she left me and the person from my bank on hold for TWENTY MINUTES, YES 20 minutes, we had to call back and speak to someone else, who was not very helpful either. He said I could return the unopened product and that I will get my money back in 3 weeks. He assured me that i will get it; that is yet to be seen.

Now, in order for you to see the kind of people who work there, just read - Al Lex 2005- from 21 days ago and notice the " Class" this person has. Do you think a person with a Costumer Service training or with at least some sort of education will say something like that to " Their costumers"??
    Remember this Al Lex 2005 next time you want to be disrespectful and nasty to people : "Your satisfaction is our number one concern." or just quit working in costumer service, that is obviously not for someone with an attitude like yours.

• Lo
      Sep 17, 2009

I completely agree with LOH, same thing happened to me and it is just another long story to tell. All I have to say is that those companies are not only fraudulent but also have the worst marketing strategy that tricks people and basically robs them.

Stay away from Denta White and Dazzle Smile!

This is for Al Lex 2005 :

Your mother should have taught you proper spelling and grammar at a
    young age. It doesn't surprise me that you work as a customer service
    rep for this company. You are all unprofessional, unhelpful, and rude.
    Lazy is when you have a job, you get paid for it, and you're unwilling
    to help.
    Customer service would be considered an oxymoron for this
    company. There were websites outside of your company's website that
    stated the product was free. Clicking on a few links that takes you to
    another website that might say the conditions in small print is a scam.

Life lessons are free, I got my money back! So dear, your mother was wrong.

• Je
      Sep 17, 2009

LOH - How did you get your money back?

And for Shaylyn R. - What 60 day period? None of the 3 so called customer service reps said anything about that. And in any case I have never received the second shipment for which I was billed the second $92.37. So I have nothing to return. Basically, I have been charged $184.74 for a trial which I believed was free because your advertisement insinuated that.

I guess since I was charged for something I did not receive, I now have something I can report to the BBB and my credit card company.

Sep 21, 2009

You can return product and get a refund. Just call Denta White customer service at [protected]. But do not wait till it is too late to return the product.

Sep 21, 2009

Shalyn is from Dazzle White. It is a different company. Do not be confused by her. If you want to get a hold of Denta White, call them at [protected].

• Ca
      Sep 24, 2009

Despite having contacted Denta White by phone to cancel free trial offer I have again been sent & charged thru auto debit bank card 3 months later.

[protected]@aol.com

Sep 29, 2009

Shalyn R is from dazzle white and not associated with denta white.

I doubt if Al Lex 2005 does customer service for this company, that posted earlier.

To contact Denta White customer service call them at [protected]. and Hopefully you will not be talking to Al Lex 2005

Sep 30, 2009

DO NOT ORDER THE FREE TRIAL!!! THEY SAY IT'S UNDER $2 FOR THE TRIAL AND THEN I SAW A CHARGE ON MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR $92!!! DO NOT USE THEM, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. IT'S A SCAM!

• Ka
      Oct 07, 2009

I have just been informed (by Denta White) that the $92 charged to my credit card will NOT be refunded. I originally called a couple of weeks ago to let them know that their "free trial offer" is a scam and I am not interested in the product. When you sign up it makes you believe that if you pay for shipping $0.99 you get to try the product for free. 14 days later my credit card was charged an additional $92. I immediately called to cancel any future payments and to see how I could get a refund. The customer service rep assured me that if I sent the product back right away, they would refund the money. I had opened the box but had not taken anything out of it's individual packets so was confident I would receive my money back as promised. Today, they told me that they would not be able to redistribute the product so I was SOL. I plan on seeking legal action and shutting this operation down as soon as possible. It is a crime and they should not be able to rip anyone else off. They should be ashamed of what they are doing...it is called stealing.

• Ci
      Oct 07, 2009

I'm actually a personal banker with a bank I won't mention. I'm sick of these companies trying to rip people off in this bad economy. I deal with irate customers all the time upset because of OD fees on their account. Most of these fees are caused by companies like denta white. My fiance ordered a free trial of this, luckily I did some research and canceled her card before they could take any money out. Now they claim they will charge 90.00 if the free trial isn't returned. lol... how. The card number they have is no longer valid, and they don't have the account or routing number. No social either. not much they can do.. Never give a company your account number, always use a debit card. Much easier to cancel or dispute.

Oct 08, 2009

I also did the trial and unfortunately rarely check my account. I have been charged three seperate times for over
    $300.00 and have recieved only the one original sample product. They charged my account from 6 different
    company names. Nutrient, Denta pro, White pearly smile, superfruit, NUR, and Pur White. I will never buy
    anything online again, not even utiltility bills. To make matters worse I am unemployed and do not have the money
    to throw around on legal scams like this. Welcome to the new America were capitalism is just another word for
    corruption by any means. Trust no-one.

Oct 12, 2009

What telephone number did you use?

You can use [protected] to cancel. Did you contact the wrong company? After the second charge, why did you not contact them again? You do not even have to call them to cancel. You can do it right from the website.

• La
      Oct 19, 2009

Yes. I ordered the so called "sample" from a website from a woman in Lawrenceville, Georgia. She had stated on the website that to be effective for the teeth whitening, you needed to sue 2 products in conjunction with each other. She also gave on her website, the web address for each product. When you went through her website, you were to get a sample of the products for paying the shipping charges. This I did for the trial version of Denta White. Today I received a charge on my card for $ 92.37 which I called about. A rude customer service rep named David (probably an alias) said he would cancel any future charges but could/would not reverse the charge. I stated that if this product is so good why do you need a monthly supply. It is a fraud and a scam as you can purchase this same product of $ 19.95 and it lasts for 6 months. The CSR would only give his name as David and when I asked for an address he would not give it. There is no address on the box I received. This would alert you to a scam. Since it is a debit card, I cannot reverse. The other product is called Dazzle Smile, but they only billed me $ 19.82 for the little tube. They both agreed to cancel any further charges. It is evidently a fraud to get people to pay shipping for the trial and then run an unauthorized charge. Since their product is probably worth only about $ 9.95, they are living off of ripping people one by one with the huge difference between the $ 92.37 and the $ 9.95. The question how to stop these scam artists? I plan to attempt to locate the party (so called lady in Lawrenceville, GA) and possible take so legal action since I cannot get any address for Denta White. Also be alert for Dazzle Smile . This fraud must be stopped.

• Bh
      Oct 26, 2009

I was charged $92.37 for the "free" sample of DentaWhite. When I called for a refund of my UNUSED and UNOPENED "free" sample, I was given an address and an RA# for the to reurn.
    The product I sent was signed for by T.Grace at 11:40am on 10-15-09.
    I called DentaWhite today to find out when and how I would receive my refund, but I was told by Simon that I would NOT receive any refund because the UNUSED and UNOPENED sample that I sent was opened. I asked how he knew it was opened, and Simon told me that THEY OPENED IT and saw that it was opened... are you SERIOUS???
    I WILL be taking this up with the Better Business Bureau and continue with further legal action.

• Dh
      Oct 27, 2009

I just filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. I was also charged $92.37. After so many complaints, you would think the BBB would shut down this scam!

• Pa
      Oct 30, 2009

I ordered the so called "trial" from Denta White. I thought I read the terms carefully. It said ten days from when the order was placed. I ordered it Oct. 19th at 10:00 p.m. I cancelled 7:00 a.m. Oct. 29th. That same day my account was charged $92.37 by them. When I called some guy told me if I had cancelled the day before I would not have been charged (yeah, sure). He said the ten days included the 19th. I told him this was nothing but a scam and they ought to be ashamed conning Americans out of their money. Then he said if I return the product UNOPENED I could possibly get a refund. I asked him what the meaning of the word "trial" is. How can I try the product without opening it? The bank could not help because they say this "10 day" bull is not illegal. Just misleading. All the bank could do was close my account to prevent them from making future charges. So I am left $92.37 poorer and my teeth are exactly the same shade they were before. Is there anywhere I can make a complaint about this? They need to be stopped from preying on people.

Nov 06, 2009

If you have problems, the first thing is to call customer service. To contact Denta White customer service call them at [protected].

Nov 07, 2009

I have had the same problem on my credit card had my CC company put in a dispute. Had to cancel the card because the charges came in under a different name and number every 28 days so my CC company couln't just track them and not pay them. So I had to dump a 14 year good standing CC. I'm super mad. If anyone is in a case with these guys in court I have 600 of credit card charges for a free sample my husband and I both ordered. Thank internet so many good things are being done with you. I have not bought anything on line since my interaction with these thieves in June. I would suggest that people start shopping locally again and just go to your dentist in the end it's cheaper.

Nov 07, 2009

So sorry about my bad grammer I'm just getting over a hand injury. I shouldn't have sent comment from my bad phone keyboard. but everyone get's the point. I just found my list of 9 different company names and phone #'s which I have called them all including the one's put on this site. All say I am not calling within normal business hours. Then I am given the normal business hours...I check the time (MST) I am calling within the correct hour...? So there is NO NO NO way to get in touch with them I've tried for 3 months. Oh and I forgot to mention...I already canceled both our "free trials" in June 09, got confirmation that I cancelled and I am still being charged every month. So for the 5 months I've been calling calling calling them and my CC company and wasting my time every week. I want my time paid for too. SCAM SCAM SCAM. They must pay their employees well for them to take the time to go on line and LIE. I did read MINE said FREE.

• K9
      Nov 08, 2009

Indeed these Denta White and Dazzle Smile are scams! The lowest scams of the earth!!! It did say try a free sample of their product by just paying shipping. I was charged in my credit card $92.87 sents for those little tube that doesn't even work. I read theterms, it didn't remember anything that said there will be a recurring payment and they called me at home to sell me more products and I specifically told them I only want the free sample and nothing else, they didn't even say I need to cancel it when I get the sample or cancel it right away. They just charged me on my CC without me authorizing it. The number they give is phony. It always says I am calling after their regular bussiness hours but even when I called at the right time, I always get the same answer. I will file a complaint about these companies. Those of you who want to try this free online samples, beware, there's a lot of scammers of rip-offs online. I'm one of the latest victims. i will try to call them again tomorrow.
    k9

Nov 09, 2009

You do not have to go through customer service to cancel your account, or to see if you are already canceled. Just go to the website http://white-smiles.com/ and scroll all the way to the bottom and to the right, and click on "Cancel Your Product". If you are an active customer, you will be able to cancel. If you are not a active customer, you will see when your account was canceled. If you would still talk to customer service, and you are on the west coast, call them early in the morning. They would be open 6:00 am to - 4:00 pm.

Nov 09, 2009

If you have problems, the first thing is to call customer service. To contact DentaWhite customer service, call them at [protected].

You do not have to go through customer service to cancel your account, or to see if you are already canceled. Just go to the website http://white-smiles.com/ and scroll all the way to the bottom and to the right, and click on "Cancel Your Product". If you are an active customer, you will be able to cancel. If you are not an active customer, you will see when your account was canceled.

If you would still want to talk to customer service, call them at [protected].

If you are on the west coast, call them early in the morning. They would be open 6:00 am to 4:00 pm.
    If you are on the east coast, call them later in the day. They would be open 9:00 am to 7:00 pm

• Ni
      Nov 12, 2009

I was also scammed. They called me a few days after I bought trial for a few dollars. I told the guy that I didn't want anything else sent and all that I was interested in was trying the trial. He said Ok. About five or six weeks later another shipment arrived and money was taken out of my account. I sent it back and they said they never received it. Then I called and they said it was past the 40 days and the person I spoke to didn't have the authority to cancel it. So when I received the item it was already past the 40-day return timeline. I'm not done with this company. Very crooked and their phone operators no nothing.