Dennis Auction Service / Bad auction practices

1 Easton PA, PA, United States

It has been three long years since doing business with this company. I have tried to put behind me what they did to me, but after finding this site, I feel that it is necessary to add my comments to those who have also been scammed by this company. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they were not interested in really investigating the company, but that was 3 years ago and I see now that the business is no longer accredited and has gone from an A rating to a C. Basically, what happened in my case was a breach of contract. They didn't keep accurate records, they didn't forward a check to me for the entire amount of items sold, they didn't "make every attempt to obtain the best possible price" for my items, they falsified prices of items that were sold and they lost a beautiful antique painted cradle, two oriental rugs, a wooden bench, two chandeliers, four quilts and two ogee mirrors. I have not set foot in the building since and wouldn't recommend doing business with Dennis Auction Service to anyone out there - ever.

Bo