Democo / Scam and cheating

1 1148 N Lemon StreetOrange, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 714-221-4400

Democo contracted to demolish a house. Democo was paid an advance of $6279 prior to start of work. The balance of $14, 718 was paid to them on completion by a second personal check on 08/25/07. Democo called and indicated that they wanted immediate payment. A Bank cashiers check for $14, 818 was paid to them on 08/07. Democo was supposed to destroy the personal check.

On 06/20/08 Democo deposited the personal check and was paid by the Bank with overdrafts. Democo have been called several times and are not returning any calls. I have filed a complaint with the California Contractors Licensing Board and the Orange County District Attorneys Office. I have provided copies of the contract, invoices, copy of checks, bank draft, the letter I have sent to them by fax/certified mail to Democo, California Board of Contractors, DAs office.

I have not heard from Joe (the owner) or his accountant or anyone else that they will send me my money. I was hoping that this was an accidental clerical oversight but with the lack of response. I hope the police/district attorney pursue this. This is a significant amount of money to have been taken from me.

Va

Comments

• St
      9th of Oct, 2008

I used to work as an account rep for these idiots. I can believe EVERYTHING you say. Travis Thompson is or was the Project Manager when I worked there. This guy didn't know which end was up to be honest. He was a hard case. Thought he had it all figured out and couldn't mange the company budget. I was only there for 30 days before being laid off due to lack of funds. They constantly operated OVER budget and overcharged on each proposal. This I can't prove of course but rest assured, it's true.

The kicker is, when I was when I was told I was fired I was given a check for about 900.00 dollars. I was told that I could cash it at 5pm that day.

I didn't and couldn't cash that check until the NEXT day after 5pm because Washington Mutual kept telling me there were insufficient funds in their account. Go figure. I should have expected that.

I sent Joe, the owner, a lengthy email and of course he hid in his office like he did everyday and didn't reply. Probably due to extreme embarrassment.

The company all in all was and is a failure. You're better of going with a herd of elephants to demolish your home than these idiots.

Steve Niemeyer

9th of Oct, 2008

One other thing, I would like to sincerely apologize to any and all contractors that I spoke with, faxed a proposal to and harrasesed up to 5 times a day per company policy to pressure into signing a contract with this company. I was simply trying (like you) to earn a living.

11th of Oct, 2008

The correct URL for DemoCO Demolition is http://www.cleancoinc.com/

They operate two separate companies. One to mess everything up, and the other to clean it up. Of course, the website doesn't work. Go figure.