Delta Camera / Not shipping product

1 IL, United States Review updated:

**********************************DO NOT BUY FROM DELTA CAMERA************************************
I placed an order for a camera on 6/30/09. It was in stock and received a confirmation email and number on the order. The order takes 48 hours to process and ship. Later that day I received a phone call from Delta camera to confirm the order. When I confirmed the order they asked if I wanted to buy a five hour battery for $150.00 I replied that I was happy with the battery that comes with the camera. He stated that the battery that comes with the camera is only a ten minute battery and that after I recharge it twice will no longer work. Having had Cannon camera's before I did not think this would be true and I again declined to purchase the battery. He was fixated on selling me this battery and kept cutting the price of his five hour battery until it was at $20.00. I declined the battery and he began to sell me a memory card. I told him that I did not need it and I was happy with keeping my original order. Three days later, I did not receive a tracking number so I decided to call them. They said it was in the final phase of processing and it would be shipping soon. On July 7th I again called them and said the camera is on back order and they would sell me the same camera and five hour battery with a memory card for $150.00 more. Of course at this point I knew I wasn't dealing with a legitimate company. I called them back and acted like a new customer to see if they had the same camera in stock and they did. When I told them who I really was they transferred me to William Davidson. After explaining that I was going to contact his boss he said he would ship me the camera in 48 hrs. I have called everyday for a tracking number and they say it has not shipped. I finally cancelled the order and tried to get an address to report them but have had no luck. DO NOT BUY FROM DELTA CAMERA!!!

Comments

• Gs
      16th of Jul, 2009

Thank you. I almost was going to buy from this. Seeing how this is only 2 days later. Thank you.

• Un
      17th of Jul, 2009

Here is their address (and information) if you still want to report them:

Company: Delta camera
    Address: 1002 Quentin RD
    brooklyn, NEW YORK 11223
    US
    Telephone: 877-283-7747
    Email: info@DeltaCamera.com

I ordered from them and have received the items already. Of course, because I afreed to an SD card purchase. I am now dealing with return process which is not going well, as it has come to my attention that they are scammers. I am reporting them, so please take the time to do so. I hppe that if many people enough report them, they will have to stop their scamming business. They are also found on the rip-off and a few bloggers.

• B0
      21st of Jul, 2009

This is so true!! I just ordered a Powershot D10. I was so happy because it was $30 cheaper than everywhere else I had found. I receieved a phone call saying I needed to confirm the order (thi sis how they get you on the phone to sell you more stuff) I called and was told that Canon ships the camera with a 20 min battery no good after that and I would need to buy an addtioanl battery. I replied no thank you I would not need to. The response i got was "then why even buy a camera if your not even going to be able to use it?" i was shocked I asked if he really was going to not sell me this camera if I didnt buy a battery? should I just cancel my order? He replied"Doesnt make a difference to me but it makes no sense for you to buy this?" I told him all I wanted was the camera nothing else he comfirmed my order and that was that. SOOOOOOOO I called today to talk to customer service and get the tracking number turns out he did not confirm the order because the camera is back ordered for 2 months. GGrrrrr DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ar
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Total and complete scammers!! Makes me so angry... I had the same thing happen to me today. William called me right after I ordered online and offered me a SD card (the one that came with the camera only could take TWO pictures??) and then a charger and then a battery. Since I had ordered the same camera for work, I knew that all of what he was telling me was a lie. Then I canceled my order and said good bye. He called me right back again (unbelievable!) and said that the cancellation fee was going to be $162-- the same price as the order with all the add ons he was trying to sell me. Even though I didn't want to deal with these guys, the final offer of $162 was a good deal and because I didn't want to risk them doing something crazy with my card info I said "OK-- I'll take the deal". Then William said- "but we don't have the color you want. Blue or silver?" That was it-- I said one of the reasons why I ordered from Delta was that they had the brown color I wanted. After arguing with him about colors, he said something sarcastic and hung up! I called my credit card company to get advice-- who knows though? They probably don't even use "Delta" as their company name... I am going to keep an eye out for mysterious charges on my account!

• Fw
      24th of Jul, 2009

I;m too late may have lost a lot of money. sorry I was so stupid.
    thought I was smarter than that.
    same guy william...

• El
      24th of Jul, 2009

Same story with the powershot D10, they list it 30 Dollars cheaper only to call you and ask you to buy other accessories. I will be reporting a complaint with the BBB and everyone here should do the same.

• Na
      31st of Jul, 2009

Same thing happened to me also. 7/29/09 I spoke with them on phone, they wanted to sell me batteries, I said no, then an SD card, I told them no I already had cards for it he said they won't be as good on the batteries and the SD card. He said okay though and acted like everything was okay and my order would be shipped. I was going on vacation and needing it. I checked the order status tonight &/30 cuz I purchased 2nd day air and it shows "backordered" also. They are scammers. I plan to report them to BBB also. The front page of their website states they keep a good inventory so they don't have backorders. This sounds like it isn't really a business at all just kids scamming. Who knows. I do plan on reporting them immmediately. Hopefully, they haven't already made the purchase I bet they have I plan to call my credit card company in the morning. I sure hope these guys get somehow stopped!! Or people see these complaints BEFORE they purchase. I wish I had seen this. I came upon it afterwards. BUYERS BEWARE OF DELTA CAMERA.COM!!!

3rd of Aug, 2009

Exactly as previous comments-I have already contacted my bank to cancel--Will call Kevin a Delta to cancel--This is outrageous and sad-Our hard earned money, to go to crooks--NO Way!!!

• Al
      6th of Aug, 2009

was about to order from these crooks, thanks for saving my hard earned money from ### operations like this

• Mi
      12th of Aug, 2009

I've been pricing a Canon SX200IS and found Delta Camera to have the lowest price. I placed my order at 4:00, had a call by 4:30 saying it didn't come with anything, do I want to order a battery for $99, or memory card and warranty? I said no just ship the camera, he said it doesn't come with a warranty, battery, charger or cables, and asked if I understood that, I was stunned to say the least. I've purchased several Canon's and they came with everything necessary. I told him to cancel the order, he agreed. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I wish I had found this website before I wasted my time with all this. I was suspicious when they only accepted American Express, but didn't look into it like I should have.

• So
      18th of Sep, 2009

Yes, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB. I made the mistake of when on the phone with them, adding the memory card and charger onto my order, only to find after that these items were way overpriced. I looked the items up on Amazon and found they charged me $100 on a $10 item! The invoice had nothing itemized and was a "Bundle Package deal". I called them and stated that I wanted to send the charger and card back. They wouldn't let me. They said I had to send the whole order back. I said I wanted to keep the camera, but John the manager stated it was an all or nothing deal since it was a package. He said the camera had to be sent back because it also came with the cable an other things that were part of the "package" deal. When I went back out online and printed the page that says the price of the Canon camera, it states that it comes with all those things, so that was a lie. Besides, it's all in the Canon box. Canon doesn't sell each of these items separately. Anyway, I called Visa and they said the Delta Camera had covered themselves by stating on their website that bundle packages had to include all items sent back, and the invoice then sent me with everything as a package. So, I got scammed as well. Hopefully others won't and will see this website first! If the deal sounds too good to be true, it's probably not!

• Co
      5th of Oct, 2009

I just tried to order a D90 and then got the same phone call where they tried to up sell me. I cancelled the order on the spot and sent an e-mail confirming my cancellation. I am hoping that this will be the end of my dealings with them. But for other information, I took a look and apparently Allstar Camera, Inc. is d/b/a Delta Camera (info found on NY Sec of State website):

Selected Entity Name: ALLSTAR CAMERA INC.
    Selected Entity Status Information Current Entity Name: ALLSTAR CAMERA INC.
    Initial DOS Filing Date: AUGUST 24, 2000
    County: NEW YORK
    Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
    Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
    Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
    ALLAN SAKKAL CPA

• Ri
      7th of Oct, 2009
    Delta Camera - Botched Order
    Delta Camera

This is a terrible company. Do not buy here. Customer Service calls take forever. They give you the run around. Sent product to wrong location. Required that I contact my cc company to ship. In all, a terrible experience. The Better Business Bureau oughtto investigate.

• Ki
      5th of Nov, 2009

I ordered a digital camera from them last October 25, 2009. Their ads says that the price is $595.00. They called me to confirm what I ordered but they said the battery is sold separately which costs $149 something plus insurance. This totaled $947.99. I was surprised then to know that battery is not included. Their ads didn’t say anything about the battery to be purchased separately. What made this matter worse is that I already had given them my credit card info and when I told them I wanted to cancel my order, they said I cannot without saying any reason why. If I still insist to cancel it they will charge me $200 for cancelling the order.

Their terms and conditions doesn’t say anything about cancellation fees and customers cannot cancel what they ordered. This is ridiculous! They are putting false ads and deceiving customers.

Now I want to return my order but they will charge 15% restocking fee.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

• 1t
      17th of Nov, 2009

Same bad experience as everyone else. I will contact BBB. "If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

• Ih
      18th of Nov, 2009

Just purchased and then canceled my order 4 hours after the purchase. I wish I looked into this post prior to purchasing. Mahalo (thank you) to all of you for sharing your experiences. I just hope nothing happens to my credit card account.

• Vi
      25th of Nov, 2009

I ordered from them a SONY camcorder HDR-XR200. Their ads says that the pric is $529 plus shipping fee $18.73 and total is 547.73. When I received my purchase I found a different invoice for 687.42. I called to a customer service, they said this camcorder not includes a battery. And you must pay for that extra $140.They added 1 additional battery and some insurance. This battery cost just for $25.And my order was just for $547.73. Delta camera policy says we sell items just in original factory packages. The original package says . SONY camera includes: AC ADAPTER; CABLES;REMOTE COMMANDER; RECHAGEABLE LITHIUM BATTERY. The representative answered if you byu this camcorder for $529 the battery its not included. Its a total and complete scammers!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!.

• Vi
      25th of Nov, 2009

DELTA CAMERA STOP THIS FRAUD!!!

25th of Nov, 2009

Not sure how these people sleep at night. I should be taking photos of my newborn with the new camera I ordered from them, and instead I am stressed that they won't honor the return and I'll have to go through the dispute process with my credit company. Same as all the other complaints- lies, upselling, overcharging. Pretty much worthless ### of the earth...your mothers would be so proud of you!

1st of Dec, 2009

If you have problems with Delta Camera, notify the NY BBB, and the manufacturer of the product they are misrepresenting (these companies don't like it when retailers make their products look bad.) Don't let Delta Camera get away with ripping you off!

Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York, Inc. 257 Park Avenue South, 4th Floor New York, NY 10010-7384 Phone- 212.533.6200 http://www.newyork.bbb.org/

Sony Customer Service: 1-239-768-7547

Canon Customer Service: 1-800-828-4040

Nikon Customer Service: 1-800-645-6689

-just tell the customer service rep to connect you with someone to report a retailer who is misrepresenting their product, and ripping off their customers, and possibly selling gray market goods.

My Story: Saw what I thought was a good deal on a sony hx1 digital camera on the delta camera website, so I placed the order online. John C. from Delta Camera called me the next day and asked me if I wanted a '2 hour or 5 hour' battery with that order. Thinking it was included in the price I had already paid, I opted for the 5 hour battery. He used a phone with a lot of static, so it was difficult to understand anything he was saying (others have reported a similar tactic with this company). It wasn't until he was about to hang up that I tried to confirm that there will be no additional charges. At this time he told me that the battery is an additional charge, and that the 5 hour battery is $70. I figured I would have to pay this no matter where I bought the camera, and agreed. I immediately looked the camera up on the Sony website and found that it comes with a battery lasting about 200 minutes. I called John C. back within 5 minutes and requested to cancel the order. He refused to cancel the order and said that it had already shipped (literally within 5 minutes!). When I double checked the charges on my credit card, I found that he charged me an additional $30 than he said he would.

Today I refused the shipment, and I plan to chargeback with my credit card company. I'm just hoping they won't accept any restocking fees because these worthless scoundrels don't deserve a dime!