Delta Airlines / stuck at airport for 3 days

1 United States

My wife flew from Seoul South Korea into Atlanta Georgia. She arrived in Atlanta on time and once she got off the airplane they told her, her flight was cancelled due to weather. I understand the airlines have no contol over weather, however there customer service was horrible. Delta told her in Atlanta that there were no other flights until Tuesday. Once I found out about it I called Delta up to see if they could possible fly her into another city that would provide service to Indianapolis. They told me they could confirm a flight the next day and that was about it. (Great, I'm in Korea making reservation, while she is at the airport getting no where) What is funny about all that is they told her nothing until Tuesday. I got her a confirmed seat while I was in Korea...funny you say. That's not the only bad thing. She made it to the airpor the next day, however she had a five hour delay. She was suppose to depart Atlanta at 1430 and arrive in Indy by 1700. That never happened, she was on the airplane by 1700 and after sitting there for five hours they finally got onto the flight line. They started the engine, then told them they had "difficulties" with the engine. Back to square one. Stand in line for two hours trying to get out of there and they "confirmed" a flight out for Wednesday. So she arrived in Atlanta on Sunday March 1st around noon...and it is now Tuesday. My sister flew out Southwest from Atlanta to MN and she is there already. She arrived and is at home, and my wife is still stuck at the Airport. They are offering a hotel vocher and thats about it. It is unacceptable, they could redirect her flight and get her home. Other airlines are doing it but Delta has no customer service. DO NOT FLY DELTA. I am considering a legal suite over this matter.

Fr