Dell Pc Tuneup / crashed my computer

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I spoke to Dell about my new laptop that was running slow. They informed me that a program they sell will spped it back up. It's called PC Tuneup and it's forsale on the Dell webite. When I went to purchase it, it redirected me to Iolo.com web site to pay for it. So I did. I installed it and then ran it. It took about 2 hours and then it needed to reboot my computer. After it shut down it tried to reboot and it failed. So I tried safe mode and found out now my Microsoft folder was coruted and andything that was microsoft was now crashed.
I lost alot of files, personal pictures of my friends that was sent to me from Iraq that have been killed in action. (can't replace those pictures or emails.)

I spoke to Dell and now I fined out that this Dell PCtune up program put out by Iolo.com is in fact not compatiable with the operating system that came with my laptop from dell. (Vista 64bit) and they have recieved 100's of complaints to this efect.
Case Number CAS-636300

I have been in contact with Iolo.com and they deactivated the subscription and said I would recieve a refund within 24-48 hours since I paid with Pyapal. That was 2 weeks ago and still no refund.
I called Iolo.com again and spoke to someone else and gave them the case number and they informed me it was escolated to a manager last week but still has not been autherized for a refund.
RECAP they took my money killed my computer, deactived the program so it can't be used again and havn't got around to returning my money sent to them via paypal.
I NOW ASK ALL WHO READS THIS TO NOT BUY ANYTHING EVER FROM Iolo.com AS THEY WILL KILLER YOUR SYSTEM AFTER TAKING YOUR MONEY. SPREAD THE WORD THERE CROOKS

Comments

13th of Feb, 2010

I am having the same problems. I RECEIVED A MESSAGE THAT I had two problems areas on my computer. When I opened PC Tune up I was advised to reactivate, which connected me to iolo. My account was charged but the program did not work. When I contacted Dell I found out I had paid for PC Tune UP when I bought my computer till 2012. Dell after a total of 12 hours on the phone with teck support cannot figure out how to connect PC Tune Up. In the mean time iolo has charge my account twice and claims I need to contact Dell to get a credit. Dell claims they have no record or information on the two charges. I would say this is a fraud scam if I ever saw one. My Service Case No. is 811668807. I am in Flordia my next course of action is Channel 6. So far all Dell does is transfer me from one dept to another.