Dell / Inspiron 1525 / terrible costumer service

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I would like to complain regarding the terrible costumer service that I received from Dell Representatives. I will give you a brief synopsis on what occurred. I ordered an Inspiron 1525 on 08/23/08. I was told by the representative that the computer would be shipped on 09/03/08 and should be received on 09/05/08. The representative that I spoke with to place the order was very helpful and kind. However, that is not true of the other representatives I spoke with throughout this long ordeal.

Well, 09/05/08 came and went. No computer. I called regarding shipment. I was told that my computer was still in production and would be shipped on 09/10/08 and would be received 09/12/08. I was guaranteed a 2 day shipment free of charge. Well, 09/12/08 came and went. On 09/13/08, I called Dell and spoke to Claude at [protected] ext 7244161. I was told that there was not any reference regarding my order. I called back and spoke to Drake who was very rude and hung up on me.

I did leave out an important detail. When I placed my phone order, I was told that I would receive an email confirmation. I did not receive one. I called Dell and the next day I did receive it. I then received a phone call and an email from Preethi Rajamandari stating that she is doing everything to expedite my order being that I am in an undergraduate program taking 3 online classes this semester. Needless to say, I am in dire need of this new computer.

After several calls to Dell and many emails to Preethi, I was getting very frustrated. I called Dell again and voiced my complaints. The representative told me that he would connect me to the Solutions Department. I was placed on hold for approximately 5 minutes. The gentleman returned to the phone to tell me that the Solutions Dept closed 4 minutes ago and that he would have someone call me back within 24 hours. At this point I wanted to cancel the order completely. The gentleman asked me to please give Dell 24 more hours and he assured me that a manager or supervisor would be calling me back regarding this issue. Twenty four hours came and went. No calls. No emails. I called back. At this time I was told that my computer was on back order due to LCD cover not being available. This whole time I have been calling, no one informed me of that fact. No one called me to see if I would consider changing the color from purple to something else. That was the only hold up. I waited and waited for this computer. I went to friend's homes to use their computer. I stayed after work to use the computer just so my assignments would not be late all of a LCD cover.

I finally canceled the order and my account all together. I will NEVER buy another Dell product. EVER!!! Not only was the customer service terrible, so was the lack of knowledge and respect recieved from the Dell Representatives. At one point, I remember actually talking to a Mario Chancilio, manager. He was very rude and did not care about my issues. He ended up hanging up on me. I then called back and spoke Chris in the Resolution Specialist. He finally canceled the order on 09/15/08 at 5:15PM.

That is pretty much it in a nut shell. I would like to point out the number of wasted hours spent on the phone and worrying about when the computer would be received. This is unacceptable and should not happen. I am not sure what needs to be done about the lack of customer service with Dell. It is horrible.

I am sure that I will not get a reply from this email nor an apology. No one at Dell seems to care about the average person. When I was looking for this website, I saw a message stating that the CEO bought millions of dollars in stocks. He would not have stocks to buy if the average person like me stopped buying Dell products. Maybe he should be like Jerry Seinfield and Bill Gates and try to see how the average person spends his/her life and money.

Thanks.
Mrs. Sherry Haszto
09/21/08

Comments

• He
      14th of Nov, 2008

damn that really sucks man, i orderd one back in february and had it within 2 weeks, in fact im typing on it right now. ill keep you in mind if i ever have to deal with them though, wont surprise me if they act like that

• Ra
      4th of Dec, 2008

dell inspiron.1525nseries intel core2 duo 24 oct price to inform the i brought 40000 thousand at India sate maharastra dist jalna

• Ni
      11th of Mar, 2009

hello Sir,
    I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.I have installed Windows XP on my Latop.I have not got the bluetooth drivers cd.Sir please send me the drivers on my Email id -niks_24290@yahoo.com as it is an urgent need.