Dell Computers / scam and cheating

1 Detroit, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-6249897

I have tried time after time to get my dell computer as well as my dell 720 printer ownership transfered to myself only to have these request go unanswered by Dell because I don't know who the previous owner is or was.

I feel that this is not fair to myself or anyone else who buys a dell computer second hand as I did. Now let me ask you this? Is it normal for everyone to know who owned a computer when you buy said computer from a shop or store where it was donated in the first place. Well this is what has happened to myself and now Dell does not want to do a thing to help myself get my printer up and running. Oh by the way it did take me over a year to finally get my computer ownership transfered.

Ro

Comments

Mi
  10th of Mar, 2009

Nd
  3rd of Dec, 2010

We will never deal with Dell again. We have had so many problems with the computers with chips and batteries etc.. and when you call them you get someone from a foreign nation to speak to, if you chose to speak to an American you have to pay for the priviledge it costs I believe about 89.00 or 98.00 a year. Finally I took my computer to a local reputable repair shop and the owner informed that the Dell computers were of the least quality computers and not a good choice for purchase.

I didnt listen, and again I ordered from Dell and guess what ? Your right all the problems all over again on top of a new one.
We are a military famiy so of course we do move. They shipped the new order (two lap tops for the grandbabies home schooling) but they were sending our statements to our old address clear across the united states. We called Dell and tried to explain there was no payments because we never received a statement with an account number so that we could make payments. They keep calling about four to six times a day and insist we pay all back late fee charges even though they admitted it was their fault ! I feel the late charges should have been dropped and all negative reporting should have been corrected.

Please for peace of mind, for the simple fact that you can gain better quality products with a company that stands behind their warranty.. DO NOT DEAL WITH DELL !!!