Dell Computers / overcharge

I wrote to both Dell Companies the one with the address of One Dell Way Round ROck, Tx 78682, and Dell Financial Services @ P O Box 80409 Austin Tx [protected] in reference to being over charged by their Finance Dept Service. I told them that I am being charged for purchases and other debits between $35.00 and $48.95. When I purchased the computer laptop I was not told about any extra charges these extra charges is causing my account to be over the limit acording to Dell Finance. Each statement I receive from Dell has the over the limit charges on them. I've tried several times to talk with someone at each location but no one can tell me what all the charges are for. When I wrote the Better Business Bureau, and they contacted Dell the over charges was removed from my bill, after the investigation was over with the BBB Dell restored the Purchases/Other Debits back onto my bill causing it to be over the limit. When I received my october bill I noticed that an over the credit limit was on there in the amount of $50.73, and my bill is now up to $1570.77, the computer was only $1481.09 with everything included. The purchases/other charges is also on my bill in the amount of $35.00.
First I was given a price in the amunt of $1418.09, I paid into this account up to date in the amount of $512.61, but my account has not decreased but increased. When I called to speak with one of the finance services coustomer @ [protected], the first person I spoke with on 04-25-06 @ approximately05:37pm was a male who didn't give his name and he told me that I made a purchase in the amount of $47.00 I told the gentlemen that I did not make a purchase of anything so he couldn't explain to me why this overage was placed on my bill. On 04-26-06 @ 05:59pm once again I contacted the Financial Services @ [protected], and spoke with a female by the name of Kim no last name, who informed me that I had missed too many payments with them, which I had not. I sent all o f my cancelled checks to show that I was up to date with my payments. Once again Kim could not give me an answer or solution to why I am being billed for Purchases/Other Debits. I have been over charged over $200.00 with Purchased/Other Debits that no one can explain to me. I tried explaining to the Financial Services that I purchased this computer over the phone and was not told about a Dell Preferred Account.

Lo

Comments

• Wi
      23rd of Nov, 2006

I have had good experience with Dell financial services until in early September I noticed an extremely large purchase charged to my account. I did not make the purchase, and it happened when I was out of the US on a trip.

The first call I made to them, the representative reported that someone with my name in Franklin, Tn, had charged a bunch of cameras on my account. He said it looked like a mistake and he'd have to contact the salesperson. Well, I thought all Dell purchases were made online, not with a salesperson.

I called back two weeks later to be told by another person that I would have to speak to someone in the Verification department. This person said I would have to fill out an affidavit and have it notarized, stating that I did not purchase the items (whatever they were -- and they couldn't tell me what they were). I was able to download the affidavit from my account which by this time was frozen. I sent the affidavit by Certified mail, and they received it on 9/25/06. I have since email several times and called several times to ask about how I would make a payment to keep the bill from going delinquent for the balance I had incurred. Fortunately, they were able to permit(!) me to get into my account enough to schedule a payment by Checkfree.

I continued to get affidavits and letters saying that I needed to return them or they would consider the transaction legitimate. Finally on 10/20/06, they posted a letter in my account (I still cannot see the balance) saying they had credited me with the large fraudulent purchase.

Today, I called to see how to access my account, calling the number listed in the notice I downloaded. The phone number turned out to be an answering machine referring me to another number. I called the second number and they stated they were done investigating the fraud, so they couldn't help me any further. I would need to speak with Customer Service. They patched me through to the wrong line and then I called Customer service back, but never got through to anyone about when I would be getting a new statement and be able to pay off the account.

I do not intend to ever use this account again. I will use a credit card from now on. At least there are more consumer protections with it.

William