Dell Canada (India!?) / dell sent me the wrong laptop and I just want my money back!

1 Alberta, Canada Review updated:

Four years ago I ordered an XPS from Dell Canada and was happy as a bear in a honey farm. The system ran great, the customer service was fantastic and the technical support was very knowledgeable.

Last October of 2008 I ordered another high-end laptop from Dell and received something less than what I paid for. I called Dell and they said they would send the proper system and to hold on to the one I had till the new computer had arrived. After a couple of weeks the order status did not change so I contacted Dell and was told that the model I ordered was no longer available. They offered me an alternative system and I reluctantly accepted. After several weeks of calling and checking online at what the status of the order was (almost all of the month of November) I was told that it would arrive on or before December 2nd, 2008.

On December 1st I called and was told that they had canceled the order. They also had the nerve to tell me that I had violated the thirty day return policy and could not return the computer that I did not order! Nevertheless, I kept records and recorded my phone calls with the very poor English speaking customer service people (who get very upset when WE don't understand them) and they withdrew their threat.

At this point I insisted on returning the laptop computer that I DID NOT order and insisted also on getting my money back. On Boxing Day morning I was awakened at a very early hour and asked if I had received my package yet!? Apparently they sent something to the courier terminal with my name on it...

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME! I said that I wanted my money back and never again will I deal with Dell. Dell has a 15 to 20 day refund policy and it has been 25 days since they received the computer I returned to them (the one that I did not order). Every time I call customer service and give them the reference number I am told that they will put me through to the proper department and nobody answers. I figure that twenty minutes is plenty patience (!?)

In addition to being treated poorly I am paying interest for nothing and my cell phone bill is much more than nominal because of all the minutes I am put on hold. Many times I am put on hold because the representative is asking someone else what to say or what to do since they are unable to answer the query or take action! Why didn't he or she just hand over the phone?

Dell made a bad decision moving the customer service to India. Customer service isn't even a word in that country and if it is then it doesn't have any value. It seems like everyone for them selves or something. Bad business decision. I am still content with my present Dell but I won't buy another. And yesterday I was told that I will be responsible for furnishing and equipping, of all things, a cybercafe! Dell and its subsidiaries, (Alienware) are not on the list.

Comments

Sa
  16th of Jul, 2009

dumb###...atleast we know how to setup a pc and take care of stuffs without calling customer service every ###ing time...

get a life luzr..

St
  3rd of Dec, 2009

Yeah, I totally agree to what all of you have been saying regarding Dell Canada's poor customer service and technical support. I solidly recommend that everyone avoid this company like the plague and take their business elsewhere!

I placed my order over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. They never responded at all to two separate emails that I sent. And when I phoned last week, they couldn't tell me at all when the item was actually going to ship. This company has no idea at all how to properly treat customers, and they have gone steadily downhill over the past year. Well, the good news is that today I finally cancelled my order. Never again Dell, never again. You have lost my business for good.