Dell Canada / i'm out of words...

ON, Canada Review updated:

I've bougt a DELL Laptop in 2017 that fail defective in last december. I've sent the unit to be repaired nothing less than 3 times at they're "Return to Depot" service center. They repaired my laptop with USED parts full of somebody else ### in it! The computer was returned to me scratched and some of the components did'nt works as they should anymore...

So far 4 MONTHS LATER, I'm just out of word facing the TOTAL LACK of intelligence and internal communication of DELL Canada. I've pass more than 10 hours on the phone to try having my equipment repaired and put back as it was before they mess up with it. ALL THE PROMESSES they've done never happen.

Finaly, tired and upset of they're non sense scripted ###, I had to intempt legal action agains DELL to get my money back. Piece of advice... STAY AWAY from that company that have no idea of what is customer satifaction at ALL. As a senior hi-end retail consultant my self, I've never seen in a life time a total lack of responsibility as DELL providing to they're customers. Treating peoples this way, it's just a matter of time for this company to get out of business.

Ja

Comments

• Te
      7th of Feb, 2008
    Dell Canada - computers has had to be wipe 5 times and still doesn't work
    2100 King Street, East, Apt. 506
    Hamilton
    Ontario
    Phone: 905-393-0514

I purchased a Dell computer on February 2, 2017, with a warrenty ending in 2017.

The computer I purchase is a Dimension 3100 Series.

I have had to wipe this computer 5 times due to is not working.

Have called their tech support more than I care to remember.

One person had me on the floor for over 10 to 15 hours pulling out parts and still couldn't fix the problem.

Another person from customer care supervisor told me last week he was going to send me a new system, and found out he lied.

No matter how many times you have tech support helping you trying to fix this computer it doesn't work.

I have contacted the Dell in the USA, and have had no satisfaction.

No matter what the tech do, the computer still doesn't work. They will not replace this computer and I have lost work over this computer and they expect to be paid for a computer that doesn't work.

6th of Aug, 2008
    Dell Canada - terrible service
    Dell Canada
    www.dell.ca

Don't ever buy any products from Dell. Their service is terrible and chances are they will send you the wrong computer and then put you through hoops to return the wrong item THEY sent you, provide you with an invalid return label, and then make you call and speak to 100 people from their Contact Center in India who have no idea what their taking about.

This is the absolute worst service from any company in any industry. What the heck is the CEO of Dell thinking??? Do you want your business to come crashing down??? Maybe some of the Dell executives should act as a customer and try out the service that is received from their own Contact Center. No one cares, no one calls back, no one has any regard for the customer. The phone lines are not clear and you could barely hear the person on the other end. The responses you receive via email are laughable. They cannot even put a sentence together and it's signed by Dell. I had messages on my voicemail that they needed to confirm my address before shipping the item, meanwhile, I have already received the PC.

Never again will I deal with Dell.

• Pr
      9th of Sep, 2008

I agree.. dell used to be the best but since they moved their whole customer service, sales, even managers to india, try talking to someone in Canada Dell? Forget it... even then when you ask to be transfered to Canada, they say it's only available in french. I added a monitor that was on sale for $220 off and later in the day the cart was empty when I saved it and they said thats because the product is no longer on sale and you have to buy the normal price. I said no, the cart said I qualified for the sale price and it also said anything in my cart saved expires after a month or by October 9th 2017 whichever comes first. They I finally did get to someone in the business accounts and after 10 minutes of explaining everything he looks for my account and says, oh, this is the wrong department you want home office, so he gives me the number and I call to go through it all over again only to be connected back to india.

• Ih
      25th of Jan, 2009

Bought a laptop for xmas present, didn't work, tried to send it back got the ok . Told they would pick it up within 2 days now on day 23 and can't get anyone in charge over there to give me a call back. What gives ????????

• Qu
      9th of Jul, 2009

I bought a Dell UltaSharp 22" monitor a week ago. When I purchased the product the website did not bother telling me that I would have to wait 8 weeks for delivery. I own a small business and 2 months delivery is insane.

The same day I called customer service and was connected to someone in India who could barely speak English. He promised me that my order would be expedited and a Rush note would be attachhed. I should have my monitor in less then 4 weeks. Few days later i check the website and my order status hasn't changed. I tried to find a number in the Canadian office but they forward all the calls to India. Again, after being bounced around three times I am told that the order cannot be expedited even though it was promised and it would arrive in 8 weeks. I asked to be connected to someone in the Canadian office but this was impossible.

My only choice was to cancel or wait. Not only did I cancel but I will no longer be buying DELL for myself, family, or business again.

I guess some companies forget how they got where they are. The bigger they are the harder they fall

31st of Jul, 2009
    Dell Canada - not assigning account or ownership to the person paying the bill
    Winnipeg
    Manitoba
    Canada

I purchased a Dell laptop online in 2017. No complaints about the product. I purchased it using my name as the person to be billed, my credit card (my money), with my name on it. Unwisely as it turned out, I put my husband's name for it to be shipped to, as it was a present for him. Immediately Dell's software made the whole account over to him. I tried to have this corrected and was told they couldn't or wouldn't. More recently I bought a desktop online from them. I never logged in, my computer said "hello Anne" up in the corner, and I proceeded to fill in my name everywhere, to be shipped to me, using my credit card etc. again. When it arrived the invoice had his name all over it, not mine. Apparently their system recognized the address and email and immediately assigned it to this old account, now in his name, and nowhere on the online screens did it suggest to me it was doing this. Their response: "you should have known". When I pointed out it appeared that he was buying things using my credit card, their response was: "husbands do".
    To me it defies logic that the person who is paying the bill and whose name is on the credit card should not be the holder of the account. It also defies logic that their system apparently will accept payment from a credit card with a different name to the person holding the account. Surely at some point their software should have asked me if I was Ramesh (the husband in question), and offered me the chance to register as myself. And surely it should have provoked a question about my name on a credit card paying for something to be ordered by my husband.
    Dell assures me that they have me listed in their system as the owner of the computer, though they also encouraged me to file a "transfer of ownership" form online, which I did. But I am absolutely certain that that means nothing legally, and if I ever had to prove my ownership here, all I have is an invoice with his name all over it. They declined to replace that by the way.
    As a final note I must say, I have spent a lifetime trying to be more than someone's wife, someone's daughter, someone's mother, and to be demoted yet again by unrefined and poorly designed software run by a company that couldn't give a damn, is infuriating and insulting. I am a separate individual, with my own funds, my own credit, and my own existence. Whether or not I still reside with my husband is neither here nor there. I could have had it shipped to Jack Spratt at this address, and apparently Dell would have just assigned him the computer, and billed me and my credit card.
    In the end the offered me a $100.00 rebate which I was very reluctant to accept. I wanted to just return the order and tell them to go to hell, but since my complaint was not technical, they had no parameters to fit it, and were going to penalise me to the tune of $50.00, or possibly $75.00. So in the end I took the rebate, but declined the other offer of a $150.00 coupon, and the opportunity to set up a personal account over the phone. I shall NEVER use them again.

No economic or physical consequences have arisen from this. The feeling of being diminshed and demeaned yet again is hard to assess, and the question of proof of ownership is just hanging in the air.

• Pe
      2nd of Aug, 2009

You are complaining that you are married??

Ok. There are ways to solve that problem, get divorced.

Sure, if I use your credit card to buy a computer they will ship it to me with my name all over it. Care to post your credit card number so I can test this?

Yes, husbands use their wife's credit card. Wives use their husbands credit cards, it's part of that whole marraige thing where two become one.

So, what were you complaining about again?

3rd of Dec, 2009

Yeah, I totally agree to what all of you have been saying regarding Dell Canada's poor customer service and technical support. I solidly recommend that everyone avoid this company like the plague and take their business elsewhere!

I placed my order over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. They never responded at all to two separate emails that I sent. And when I phoned last week, they couldn't tell me at all when the item was actually going to ship. This company has no idea at all how to properly treat customers, and they have gone steadily downhill over the past year. They also have a tendency to bounce you around from one person to the next while you wait for a long time on the other end of the phone. Well, the good news is that today I finally cancelled my order. Never again Dell, never again. You have lost my business for good.

• Aq
      3rd of Jan, 2010

I was just recently told after a series of delays, lack of communication and broken promises that Dell no longer offers compensation for their screw ups to Canadians..

Anyone else have this experience??

:O(

• Ro
      13th of Apr, 2010
    Dell Canada - sickning staff
    Ontario
    Canada

well I called Dell told them My pc crashed and would not issue another pc and this was shortly after my warentee was done so I had a friend fix it for me costed me a bit of $ but o well. I sold the unit after it was fixed I got another Dell from a local PC store and asked for them to change the owner ship or call them to ask if i can do so they refused to and then i was accused of a stolen unit from them I faxed a receipt that it was not what a bunch of hyprocrits. now my ? is if I have all cds to my unit and a person needs to have windows xp re installed can I use my cds for this or should i keep them to my owne PC only thanks

27th of Sep, 2010

I purchased Vostro 1320 in Sep. 2017. It gave me multiple problems. Machine got back and forth to Dell but they could not fix the problem so finally they replaced the machine in June 2017, 3 months ago. Now, in Sep. 2017, replaced machine started given me the same problems occurred before. When I called for trouble shooting they said that machine just completed the warranty so they can't give service. Though, this machine is just 3 months old but warranty follows from the old machine. Ridiculous, so they sent me a replaced machine, which they might have received from some other customer, fixed it and sent me as a replacement. When I called, the customer service rep was not able to help me and escalated me to the manager - bigger position, more notorious people. If I apply this pattern, God knows, person sitting on the top would possess any ethical values or not. Good Dell, continue reaping money form others for your top people bonuses. I read somewhere - DELL is HELL.

• Er
      16th of Nov, 2010

I totally agree, Management from Dell should see comments like this. Phone call employees don't care what your problem is. I've waited a month for my new laptop and now I've just been told it will be yet another month! I am very upset and yet they don't give you any name to contact. They didn't even advise it was going to be a late shipment I had to call them. Dell should want to appease their customers, I guess they've never heard of repeat business! They have my credit number and now it worries me reading the terrible things that have happened to others who tried to cancel and wanted their funds returned. DELL ..BEFORE YOU LOSE THIS CUSTOMER TOO, EMAIL to see if you can somehow redeem yourself. One should offer another compatible or upgraded computer anything just appease your customers by alooking after them, don't lose them! If it is advertised online or anywhere, for heaven's sake, have the product! [protected]@hotmail.com

24th of Feb, 2011
    Dell Canada - cheap quality
    Quebec
    Canada

In July 2017, I bought a Dell inspiron 560S, since then all I had is problems after problems. A technician came to my house to change parts. Problem not solved. 3 weeks later, again the technician comes to my house and changes parts. Problems not fixed. Then I was sent some parts that I had to install myself. Problem not fixed. I may have called 10 times in Tunesia. Now again today, 02/22/2017, I spent 2 hours with another technician from Tunisia for the same problem that has never been fixed yet. I was asked to do tests that last 6 1/2 hours each time. I did that %$##$%^ test 9 times now. A major waste of time. Problem not fixed. Am I enjoying my computer? NO. Am I happy with my Dell computer purchase? NO, Not one second. Will I ever buy another computer from Dell. NO and IF I ever do, shoot me, thats all I will deserve. I am a 61 y/o man, and I have bought computers since they were first introduced (Commodore 64). And never have to deal with such problems. Dell is HELL

SergeG

25th of Feb, 2011

What kind of problem have you been having?

25th of Feb, 2011

My computer was freezing, Technician came and changed HD & the mother-card, still freezing, came back again to change the HD again, still freezing, then they sent me a card reader and another HD, still freezing.
    SergeG,

25th of Feb, 2011

So is it freezing when it is up and running or durring boot.
    If it is freezing up locking up after the computer has ran for some time it can be several issues, your nothbridge or southbridge chipsets could be over heating, sencondly your memory timming settings could be off, your processor could also be over heating, i doubt your chipset or processor is over heating with another motherboard. Your memory timming settings would most likely be the issue when it is running and freezing up, if it is running and when you run a large program does it freeze up? If it does then mostlikely your memory is causing the issue from the timming settings. The reason I rule out the chipsets is because it is very rare they over heat, for the processor over heating your system would shut down and beep at you with the indicator light flashing until it cools down.
    If the tech replaced the HD three times, motherboard, powersupply (amp) and the card reader this tells me that he is not or doesn't know how to troubleshoot. First off the items replaced have a low chance in causing your system too freeze up, memory is the highest and mostlikely componant that will cause your issue. WOW is all I can say, they are throwing everything at your computer and it is still not fixed. By what you have listed as parts replace the only ones not replaced are your video card and memory. Being that the Dell inspiron 560S is a low profile computer the video card is mostlikely intergrated with the motherboard meaning when your motherboard was replace your video card was too. Leaving your memory as the only thing not replaced and bad memory will cause your system to freeze up and it is the most common issue. I would bet replacing your memory will fix your issue.
    The reason memory would cause the problem, 90% of memory manufactures have auto settings for your timming meaning all you have to do is put the memory in and it sends the correct settings to your BIOS, some times this does not happen and you have to set your setting manualy from BIOS. This includes your voltage settings for the memory, if the voltage is too high or too low it will also cause it to freeze up on you. Then sometimes the memory is just bad and replacing it is the only option.
    Please let me know about some of the questions so I con help you more.

25th of Feb, 2011

It's freezing when it is up and running. The last time I spoke with the Tunesia Tech, he had me check the memory, and all the memory tests passed. He directed me to download a new Bios version, apparently, I had the 04 version and now I have the 06 version. I have no idea of what was that, but anyway. Last night I was downloading some windows upgrades, and it froze at 53% of the download, I stop the download and restated it, again it froze again. Then I rebooted my computer and still the same freezing.

It is your memory.
    What is happening is your memory is crupting the data or information, when downloading it is placed in a temporary file before it places it on your computer. So what is happening is your memory can not hold the temporary data and it is freezing your system, your memory is controlled by the northbridge chipset, which your north bridge chipset also controls the processor and your video and the memory controller is mostlikely on the processor being it is that new. (older intel had a separate memory controller, older AMD had the memory controller on the processor) so with your memory being bad it will not allow the processor, video card etc to process the data or crupts it.
    It is your memory that is causing your problem, I have personaly used memtest86 on several units and it reports the memory is good however those test are limited. I have replace the memory and it fixes the problem. To properly test memory you have to have a standalone unit that you place the memory in such as a RAMCHECK LX unit. I use this were I work (military). Since there is no need for you to buy expensive tools for a single unit your tech should have had this unit when he came to your home.
    None the less check inside your computer and if you have more than one stick of memory remove one (while it is powered down) and reboot, if it freezes the power down again and and remove the memory stick and place the prior removed one back in. (meaning only have one stick of memory in at a time) and reboot and see if it freezes again. My bet is that you will find that at least one of your memory sticks is good and your system will operate fine with just one stick until they send you a replacement set. If one stick of memory is bad it will it will cause your problem.
    I have personaly used Patriot memory because they have one of the best compatable reacords for just about any motherboard, I have had problems with Kingston, Corsair etc.
    Good luck and keep me posted s i can try to help you.

26th of Feb, 2011

SergeG are you there?

26th of Feb, 2011

Hi,
    Well I did check to do the test of the memory stick. I have 3 stick of I G each. When I open the computer to take one out, I found that the middle one was kind of loose, It wasn't clip properly. Looks like the last time the Tech came here to change my motherboard, he didn't clip it properly. I have been able to dowload and install the windows upgrade perfectly. So you were 100% right. Now I will see if it freeze again during the day and evening and if it does, I will write it here so you see. I called Dell Tech in Tunesia and told him what you had say, and he said you were right. And asked me to test them like you told me if the computer freezes again. I wonder why they didn't find that out. If the problem is solved it will be because of you and I thank you very much for your help, it was greatly appreciated. Oh, btw, the memory sticks are not kingston, but "ELPIDA" from China

27th of Feb, 2011

Well it is great that you were able to solve the problem.
    If I was a beting man I would say that was the problem the whole time, meaning that they mass produce PC's and QC missed it. If the Tech can make the mistake then so could the manufacture and your issue could have been just that.
    For the Elpida brand I have not heard of it and it maybe a direct vendor who does business with Dell. It is not a performance brand however your not doing heavy gaming with your PC.

And your Welcome it was my pleasure to help!! Please let me know if it is running fine going forward!!
    The above is a link to CNET free download and you can use the Heavyload program to stress your system out so you don't have to wait for it to fail on you, this is a free download and about 5.6mb in size.

8th of Apr, 2011

i must have spoken to customer service from the philippines to india...there is no single person can help me fixed my laptop...there is no use of screaming ...as nobody will listen...!! no wonder why they are trimming down their call centers...nobody is in-charge of their customer service...never a DELL moment again..!!!

8th of Apr, 2011

never a DELL moment again...

• Xt
      18th of Apr, 2011

I have never experienced such terrible customer service. I was passed around 5 times in 4 different calls to them, at any of those times waited an average of 30 minutes on hold only to be let down again because the CSR transferred me to the wrong department. And all of this because of one printer that didn't work from the start, 3 replacement parts later. I will never buy Dell again.

• Ke
      5th of Jan, 2013
    Dell Canada - false shipping promises
    Edmonton 1270
    Alberta
    Canada

Purchased 2 XBOX Live 4000 points cards from Dell Canada's website. Website clearly states "Usually Ships via email link within 30 minutes" - Well, after waiting 7 days for e-mail delivery I finally called them and asked where my order was. I was told they did not have an e-mail address for me to deliver to. How that is even possible is beyond comprehension to me...but fine, I gave him my e-mail address. Then he says it will take up to 48 hours for me to get delivery. "Usually Ships via email link within 30 minutes". I just say fine, and he says he'll call back to ensure I got delivery. Next day, I log in to the Dell website and see my order has been cancelled. I call in to ask why, and they said a "verification issue" caused it to be cancelled but I could reorder if I wanted to call another number. I just told them to leave it cancelled. I have now ordered, just for fun, a 2017 point card using a different payment method. It's been over an hour already. Can't wait to see how this one turns out...