Dell / the worst company ever

I just wanted to say that I will never ever purchase from Dell again. They have no regard whatsoever with customer service and their tech support overseas is absolutely horrible. I own a laptop that I spent over two thousand dollars on 13 months ago. I purchased every upgraded warranty that I could get my hands on to protect it and give me peace of mind. Ten days ago it stopped working completely. They replaced every single component of the computer and it still does not work. The system is flawed and is dead yet they refuse to replace it. Instead, they want to keep running diagnostic tests and sending more parts. Since they have replaced every single component on it and we have spent no less than 20 hours on the phone with them, what more can they do at this point? They have an obligation to me to replace they defective product but they do not. I am now looking at legal action I can take. I urge you all to please consider another manufacturer for computers. Dell is not what they used to be. They care nothing about their customers and they outsource their technical support overseas to save a buck. They do not care that they are angering all their customers in doing this. Please consider another manufacturer unless you want to deal with problems that Dell obviously does not care about.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Sep, 2008

I agree Dell is the most useless company i have ever come across.

My Father bought a Television set around January 2006.
    The TV Set never worked properly from day 1.
    The TV Set is a Dell TV 26 Flatscreen LCD TV.

I cannot get any help from Dell?

There are hundreds of people who have purchased these sets and they have all developed the same fault.

The Common fault with these sets is that when the Power button is pressed a relay can be heard clicking but power does not reach the set. The fault is on the Power Supply Board.

The Internet is full of people complaining that they cannot get any help from Dell over this TV.

I cannot get any help from Dell after i have written to them over 15 times.
    They will not tell me what is wrong with this TV Set so that i can repair it.

I informed them that:

I am not after a new TV set i only want to repair it.

My Father had tried to repair it, he recently passed away after a 76 day illness in Hospital

Dell kept asking me for Tag numbers, however i cannot give them this because my Father died and i do not have this number. This number is lost.

They will not contact their technical department in order to give me the answer of how to repair this set.

The only replies i got avoided the question of what has failed in the Power Supply so i thus cannot fix it.

I have written over and over and over again and they now will not answer my email.

They do not care about the fact that my Father died and i am grieving over him.
    The person i have been in contact with from Dell UK is Andrew_Marshall@Dell.com
    He will not help me and will no longer answer my emails.

They do not care that other people who are also looking for answers as to why this faulty TV failed are taking the backs of these Televisions and are exposing themselves to Dangerous Voltages and it's only a matter of time before someone gets killed

This firm is totally negligent in informing people of what is wrong with these TV Sets and shows no compasion for the people that have purchased these dangerous TV Sets and shows no compasion towards myself who is going through berievement over my Father's Death.
    I have an electronics knowledge and all i want from them is to tell me what has failed in this Power Supply so that i can fix it?

Regards,
    my email below is a copy of an email i sent to Dell UK

• Ad
      6th of Feb, 2009

dell is now hell i bought dell 3 years back and the guy sold me that INSPIRON 1300 sold me a insurance as well and told me if i am not claim any replair or damage or any service in that period then dell will give me upgrade now when the 3 years gone i claim my upgrade DELL indian [censored]ing Customer service said they never have any policy to upgrade system though i have writen claim certificate that shows clearly that dell will give me upgrade when i insist they indian ### hangup the phone all the time if any one can help me plz send me e mail on addi_khan22@hotmail.com

• Kr
      1st of Sep, 2009

Dell have fallen to the wayside in service and respect for their customers. Purchased a Dell PC for mother-in-law with all the warranty's an a in-house installation, as it is to difficult for mother-in-law to set-up the system. Dell failed completely to uphold their contract. This caused a lot of grief to my mother-in-law who was looking forward to her new computer. Even I tried to find out why the contract was not upheld and informed Dell of the grief being experienced by my mother-in-law. Being sorry over the phone holds no credibility for me if you don't back it up with action.
    Do not purchase from Dell, shop from your local store it's in their interest to give good service, they want you to come back. Clearly from my experience with Dell they don't want anyone to come back.
    Yes it is unusual a caring son-in-law
    Michael, Australia

• Mp
      21st of Sep, 2009

I'm deeply disgusted by the service I had received from DELL Support. My Wireless isn't working. After emails and telephone calls they went into my laptap online to tell me this was an error with my operating software... Fine I thought... I have had the laptop for less than a year and they have now informed me that software is not covered in my "limited" warrenty...????

This is amazing!!! No other products that I have purchased in my life time have a warrenty that doesn't cover the goods for what is actually used for!!! it's like a toaster that doesn't toast but the elements inside not covered as only the shell of the product is covered...

I have had to resort to using my laptop with the internet cable inserted.. Now this connection has come lose and my internet cuts of and i have to wiggle it for ages to get connected.. I reported this to DELL thinking surely if this is broken they will fix it... NO!!! It's not part of the warrenty... I'm wondering what part of my laptop in actually under any type of consumer protection???

Can someone PLEASE send me an address or someone I could write to, to complain about this... I am so angry and I refuse to pay for a product that is faulty that I have owned for less than one year...!!!

• Bo
      7th of Oct, 2009

I hate DELL ... they are the worst company ever... especially if you get stuck in their India support center... they won't connect you to their Texas office.
    The sent a refurbished laptop that was all scratched up that locks up every 10 minutes.

I HATE DELL... I have they declare bankruptcy soon.

• Cb
      24th of Nov, 2009

I agree, I called yesterday to ask a question and get some information about a
    network information cardd for my dell computer. I got nowhere because each time I
    opened my mouth, support wanted me to pay $49.00 for a service warranty. I told them I do not want to purchase anything .
    Customer service reps. do not understand English. I asked to speak with a manager, thinking I would get someone that spoke English, WRONG!!!
    I will never buy another Dell Computer, or recommend anyone else buy your products.

4th of Dec, 2009

Everything everybody has mentioned up above has happened to me. Dell is the greed of todays world! They stick it to you because they know they can. I cant mention how many times i get hung up on after waiting on the phone for an hour to get a supervisor. This company seems like they are running a scam and they are a major computer company. It unbelievable.
    I had an lemon that was a dell inspirion saved my money for a year just to get this Laptop and it literally falls apart. They gave me the run around until the warrant was almost out. this went on for almost a year then they replaced it with a refurbished Studio 1555. Well guess what? this one is just as ### and oh know i dont have a warranty to cover anything. So thanks Dell for taking a poor students hard earned money he has saved for a year and giving him the shaft with a piece of ### computer.
    I am determined to find a legal way to pursue this. I don't live far from austin texas, so I am going to go picket out front of there office if anyone would care to join or help start some kind of petition. If you are as angry as I am you can email me at stewsuthcliff@hotmail.com. I need some signatures.

• St
      11th of Feb, 2010

I am in Australia and have had the same experiences, DEll is disgusting and incompetent.
    I am still waiting for my delivery after being given 3 different delivery days and no show!
    The courier says they need an email from Dell to release my laptop...now after reading all these complaints I am worried the bloody lap top will be a dud anyway!! I can't get them to release it from the warehouse ...why I don't know!! and yes I have been hung up on and lied to on all occasions...I have been in tears on the phone and really distressed and no one gives a ###...I ordered my lap top as I am going away and gave them plenty of time it is now two weeks after the estimated time and I am an hour from the warehouse where my goods are and they won't release them!!! help ...how can they do this type of thing...someone has to legaly deal with this [censored]ful mob...imagine old people ordering off the net and being treated like this...how distressing for them...someone do something.

NO ONE BUY FROM DELL..EVER BE WARNED!!

11th of Feb, 2010

I am on the phone with Dell now trying to get a manual or at least a quick set-up document. My laptop arrived today with neither. They told me that because they are "green, " they don't send them out anymore. Translated: it cost too much.

They told me that I can go online and download the quick set-up... only 66 pages. So, let me get this right. Dell is green, but the customer can download and print the manuals at home or office. I just told the agent that I'll just send the laptop back. He then proceeded to tell me how I can send the laptop back. Is this a great company or what?

NEVER DELL AGAIN!!!

• St
      17th of Jun, 2010

I strongly agree! I will never ever ever buy a Dell Computer again. Their customer service is horrible!! I purchased a 4 year warranty for my laptop. My laptop continually over heats. I had the repair people come to my house on different occasions but they didn't fix it. The overheating cause my hard drive to crash, it's so hot you don't want to touch it. The customer service people say that I have to pay for memory retrieval even though the over heating, defective hard drive cause the memory loss! These people need to get a clue. They insist that I have to pay. Horrible horrible service. I do not recommend them to anyone.

• Co
      27th of Mar, 2011

Dell is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. The customer service is the worst! I've had nothing but problems with them from day one. I get more computer support from my internet provider than I do from Dell. I get so mad and frustrated because there is nothing I can do about it. I've logged complaint after complaint and I get nothing in return. I've had screaming matches with the customer service agents on numerous occasions. I can't stress this enough.. If you are expecting good customer support then DO NOT BUY A DELL!!! I wish I could stand on a mountain top and scream this to the world..

• Co
      27th of Mar, 2011

If you expect excellent customer service then DO NOT buy a Dell.

• Va
      26th of Jun, 2011

I bought a dell streak 5 on month of february 2011. From last one month my ear piece is not working. I have did spent more than 3 hours in international calls but no guidence from dell tecnical support team. No idea how it will get repaired.

• Go
      26th of Jun, 2011

I am writing to express an alternate view of Dell. I bought a laptop from Dell 3 years ago. About 6 months after I got it, the charger stopped working. I called Dell and they sent a new charger to me, without me having to send back the old one. Personally, I have only had good experiences with Dell. My laptop is still going strong.