Delia's / assaulted by store manager

1 King of Prussia, PA, United States Review updated:

My daughter and I were shopping in delia's at the King of Prussia, PA store in July 2009. The manager of the store assaulted us physically and verbally because I asked her to throw out an empty plastic water bottle. I notified the corporate office in NYC and they were very non-chalant about the incident which caused me injuries resulting in ten bed-ridden days. The company has not apologized to me. They have told me to "go to a lawyer." Their costumer service is horrible. They set a BAD example for their clientele of young wholesome young ladies. The store manager was violent and beligerent. Be cautious in sending your young daughters to shop at this store. I would suggest not to shop in this store!!!

Comments

• Bo
      3rd of Sep, 2009

If you were assaulted, why didn't you call the police?

• Bo
      27th of Sep, 2009

I highly doubt all you did was ask the manager to throw away a bottle of water to receive this kind of punishment. If you do not treat people with respect, they will not respect you. You asked her to throw away your bottle of water...why couldn't you do this? She is not your personal servant! THROW away your own water bottle. Honestly, you set a bad example for all people, period. I feel terrible for the way people treat store employees. You probably were disrespectful and now you want readers to sympathize with you because you were bed ridden for 10 days? Sounds like a load of crap. You are ridiculous.

• Ri
      22nd of Dec, 2009

I agree with the above comment. I have worked at Delia's for over a year and we are always respectful to our customers. Now I have seen some parents with ATTITUDE. And I bet you were asking for it. Because frankly someone reacting like that is never unprovoked.

• Rh
      27th of Dec, 2009

Wow, the Delia's associates at my local mall are so nice, some of the nicest in retail. I've never had a problem with them in the 12 years I've been buying from them, but then again, I respect them. 10 bed ridden days, huh? Nice vacation for you. Next time, do it right. File a complaint with the police department. That'll at least give you some credibility.

• Cl
      17th of Sep, 2010

delias in king of prussia is one of my most favorite stores. especially because of their amazing customer service. it is by far the best in the mall. i happened to be shopping in the store the day of this incedent and i remember what happened and i would just like to say the GOD frowns upon lying.

• He
      17th of Sep, 2010

I love this website and I am always looking for issues that draw my attention. Ironically I was strolling through the King of Prussia Mall the other day and there are just so many great stores I did not have time to go into this particular one because I was having too much fun next store at Abercrombie kids...which entailed right hand with Red Bull and left hand with Milk Duds scoping out the young tail they have working over in that fine retail/bunny ranch of a store. I must say if this Delia's is handing out physical encounters for free I will be waiting for the store to open bright and early tomorrow no doubt. If the store manager is not on duty tomorrow please notify me so I do not waste my time by going and not receiving the physical abuse I ever so desire... I do not recycle either and think I found god in the last fitting room in the little boys of Abercrombie. I would just like to thank you maryiln rose for turning me on to such a fine establishment. I hope to see you and your daughter there some time...milk duds on the house.