Del Taco / bathroom policy

Shafter, CA, United States Review updated:

My wife and I went to a del taco in Shafter CA 93263 and my wife got down with my 4 year old daughter who had diarrhea and couldn't hold it much longer. So when they went inside my wife saw that to use the restroom you have to make a purchase so when my daughter finished my wife waiting at the door while my daughter ran to me to get mi wife's wallet. Then she heard what she thinks was the manager (due to different attire) say that "they always come use the restroom and not buy anything" then another worker went to supposedly clean up the mess my wife and child had left. We didn't get the managers name due to being very angry but I'm sure del taco corporate can get that info. This happened at 8:10 pm on Friday may 26 2017 in del taco in Shafter California 93263. I really hope del taco does something about this. Thank you.

Ck
May 26, 2017

Comments

May 30, 2017

Your complaint makes me wonder if you realize that this restaurant's purpose is to conduct business, just as an Accountants Office, A bank or a Pet Store would. The fact it is equipped with a restroom does not obligate them to allow you, a sick child or your wife to use their restroom, take a dump, make a mess then not clean up after yourselves (this should come naturally if you're civilized human beings).

This establishment does not HAVE TO let you in, they do not HAVE TO Allow you to come use their facilities, and leave your mess. Many businesses would have denied you & this is exactly one reason why! Rather than complaining you should have had some manners & thanked them for the use of their facilities, but instead you feel entitled to complain and entitled to place blame for assaulting a child, you must be kidding us!

You claim the manager made a comment You did not like or you took offense to.
    So now I sit here in awe and wonder if you realize that this restaurant's purpose is to conduct business just as an Accountants Office, A bank or a Pet Store does? The fact it is equipped with a restroom for its CUSTOMER'S who are dining does not obligate them to allow you, a sick child or your wife to come inside, take a dump, make a mess, not clean up after yourselves (this should come naturally if you're civilized human beings).
    This establishment does not HAVE TO let you in, they do not HAVE TO Allow you to come use their facilities, and they do not have to refrain from speaking upon your arrival.

You claim the manager made a comment you didn't like...made you angry.

Well I ask you why that is? The anger? Is it what she said? How she said it or who she said it to? Who was she referring to? You? And if so, howdo you know? Why would she say what she said if it weren't true? And lastly, how is it you became aware of the bathroom policy? I ask because I visit Del Tacos throughout SoCal at least twice a week and have never heard of this or seen a sign posted.
    So how is it you know of this policy?

May 30, 2017

What I meant to say is, it's clear the manager was more than likely just stating a fact going by how you worded your complaint. You should have just stayed home and messed up your own bathroom.

Oct 28, 2017

del taco sucks i dont eat there anymore.