Definitive Custom Homes / Poor construction!

United States Review updated:

Definitive custom homes of San Antonio, Texas built a home that has numerous major water leaks due to both plumbing and exterior construction issues. It took almost 2 years for the builder to correct other major problems like severely scratched windows and buckled wood floors. And the Major leaking issue has been ongoing which the builder has still not taken care of. This builder had been unwillingly to fix the major problems correctly. I would strongly suggest not considering the Definitive Custom Home builders as they make promises that they do not keep and created a horror story of a home for me that was supposed to be my dream home. I have never dealt with a more dishonest business partner. This builder blamed me, the client , when something they as contractors were responsible for went wrong. Unheard of and unacceptable. A very disappointing experience. I strongly warn anyone considering to use Definitive Custom homes.

Comments

Ho
  9th of Nov, 2007
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've heard horror stories about this builder Definitive custom homes in San Antonio. I think they may have a number of lawsuits out against them... I would recommend closely looking into their past unhappy buyers if truly considering their services...
Er
  6th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company has hurt so many consumers to where they have to walk away from their houses. He has not contractors and now makes his living scamming the system and working in the bar he built with his "own" money.
An
  17th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This so-called homebuilder, Definitive Custom Homes, has terrible warranty coverage, does not acknowledge problems, and even allows liens to be placed on the consumers without any looking back. It is hoped someone or some group can come down hard on the owners/partners/and anyone involved in this scam.
Sa
  21st of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've been in my DCH house for 8 months... Granted, they and many other builders are having financial difficulties, but they built a beautiful home that our family has enjoyed thus far... no telling later on down the road. They have been slow to react on some of our warranty, but most of what we submitted in April has been completed. Please reply to me and share your experience, I would like to know what lies ahead...
Wo
  22nd of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was told by the owner that he was going to fill for bankruptcy soon. I am extremely concerned
I live in a home that was build by DCH. I don’t have any major structural issues, not yet a least. I do have a long list of items that need fixing along with City ordinance issues.
Lo
  21st of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
DON"T BUY A HOME BUILT BY DEFINITIVE CUSTOM HOMES!!! WARNING .. YOU WILL GET SCREWED IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.. THIS BUILDER HAS NUMEROUS LAW SUITS AGAINST HIM AND HAS LIKELY COMMITTED ACTS OF FRAUD IN HOMES HES BUILT! DON'T BE DUPED! GREG MIKESELL IS A LYING CON ARTIST WHO BELONGS IN JAIL! GREG HAS SCREWED OVER TOO MANY GOOD SAN ANTONIANS ALREADY! DON'T BE THE NEXT PERSON WHO LOSES BIG BECAUSE OF THIS PUNKS LIES!!
Su
  10th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Greg Mikesell, owner of DCH, has written hot checks to subs and has refused to return to this house to do warranty work and final punch items. He also lied to my face when we did the final walk through and stated that my 10 year structural warranty certificate would come in the mail in 6-8 weeks. After we closed on this house, I learned he was not even a current member and no 10 year warranty was ordered for our home. I continue to find problems with the custom home and shabby workmanship by the last subs he hired to work on my home. He says he is out of money and having his home repossesed, but his BAck Porch Bar on STone Oak is still open. He won't even pay for some parts/jobs that are under $50...just walked away from his responsibilities as a builder. He is not even complying with 12 month warranty issues. Stay away from this builder.
Wa
  14th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Greg Mikesell, owner of Back porch bar and definitive custom homes belongs in prison. Not only is he an illegal coke snorting fool, he has wronged and stolen from people all over San Antonio with his dishonesty and psychotic corruption. Greg Mikesell is a sociopath who belongs behind bars just like Bernie Madoff.. for a Long time!!
Gr
  20th of Oct, 2011
In 2003 I went to New Home Solutions to have a costume home built. They had three costume home builders that worked for them, one of which was Definitive Costume Homes, owned by Greg Mikesell III. My new home was built at the subdivision Saddle Ridge located in Bulverde Texas. My experience with Mr. Mikesell and his assistant was a challenging one almost from the start. Mr. Mikesell lives by his own rules, he has no sense of remorse or scruples. The home that was delivered did not match the quality that DFCH and NHS advertised, with over 70 discrepancies of poor workmanship. Shame on you Mr. & Ms. Mikesell and your employees!