Defender Direct / Hiring Practices

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

WILMINGTON, NC Applicants ****BEWARE**** I responded to an ad on craigslist, I was offered a Job By the local manager after a second interview, his name was Mark. After a drug test and a criminal background check both wich came back clean( i dont do drugs and was mailed a copy of the criminal background check) both of wich came back clean and two months of run arounds and waiting. Iwas told I would be flying to Indiana on Dec. 6th for a week of training. After two months of waisting time I passed up a couple other job oppurtunities, I was finally told by Mark that he was told I was a no go via email due to my background check. ###!!! I have never been arrested and was maied a copy of this background check which came back clean for everything, felonies, misdemeanors, and the national sex offender registry. I bought all the tools I needed a GPS all which totalled close to $300 which is alot of money when you are uneployeed. I have got no answers, all I can figure is Defender direct uses a hiring agrncy that asweres their phone Defender Direct, These two ###S names are JIM LEE and his "boss" RON HILL these two guys have there heads up there ###'s. They will answer your calls at first, until you need them and forget it. JIM LEE actually did return my call once and told me not to call and bother him anymore and to direct all my questions to mark, even though JIM LEE is the one who calle me in the first place. Now Mark ( I wony give his last name) I hope to believe had nothing to do with this, althouth you never know, he would hardly ever return my many tesxts and voicemails and even ignored my Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless to him and his family, he seemed like a nice guy. Beware of this so called Cristian based comapany, they do not care about YOU!!!

Comments

• Ih
      25th of Feb, 2011

So you were uneployed for months...and turned fown jobs, because you were waiting to see if someone else hired you?
    Sounds like someone needs to stop pushing blame off on others.

• Gn
      3rd of Jan, 2012

Don't forget that a less than favorable credit score can keep you from getting a job.

• Lo
      8th of Mar, 2012

Sorry but I truly have to make this statement I currently work for Defender Direct and they do care about their people...their main focus Businesses Don't Grow People Do, and you obviously were not capable for the job. The first thing that happened was that you only go through one interview and they fly you to Indy to have training if it's not available in your city...you obviously do not want a job with all the bad mouthing you have been doing. Better yet I truly wish you could see all the changes this job does for so many especially with the recession!!! I don't know what info you got off craigslist to apply for the job because they have you call into a line to set up an interview and ask you questions to see if your eligible for the position, so who ever you obviously went through was a scam! Sorry for your luck and about your background check I would check and make sure they didn't mess with your SSN because it was a scam! Hope better luck in your years but don't speak badly about a company you obviously don't know anything about!

• Tr
      28th of Jun, 2012

I beg to differ about Defender 'caring' for their employees during the recession. In the past month they have laid off quite a few people in different states, most before they can claim unemployment. It is about the numbers, as with any other company. Goose eggs, aka. no sales, are a no-no in this company & the more goose eggs you have the crappier the job you get & the lower on the totem pole you go. I know an individual that has 17 years experience in the security industry, would go out on his day off to help his fellow techs that had no security background to troubleshoot a job, had techs from other states calling him for advice & tech questions & he got laid off after 51 days. He was told 6 other people were being laid off in his branch, only 3 were, & after e-mailing corporate a couple of times inquiring as to why he was let go there was never a response. They never even offered him a transfer, as they state they will try to do in the training classes you have to go in Indianapolis. The one thing they did was let him out of his contract stating he was not allowed to work for another ADT dealer for 6 months. He has yet to get that in writing. What it boils down to is this...unless you don't mind selling extra equipment to those that can't afford it then this job is not for you. There are a lot of other security companies out there that worry about the employee, customer & the equipment they install not the up sales!

• At
      20th of Jul, 2012

Please, hiring is a joke, and the "People Grow" line is BS. I know someone who was taken to the side and told where to go, to get get fake pee to pass the drug test. Other people are strung along for weeks being told "getting you in the next class"

• Re
      24th of Jan, 2013

I worked there at HQ2 for nearly 2 years, and at night in the call center. If you wanted to get ANYTHING done, best do it in the daytime while mgt is there to keep some degree of decorum in the center. Once mgrs of depts such as Work Orders and Welcome Calls leave for day, it's like working in a day care center! People who should be at their desks yell across the room to each other, sing, text, and act like children while co workers attempt to contact customers. Other dept mgrs at nite will turn blind eye/deaf ear to the problem. If you complain too much about distractions, the whistle blower is blamed.
    It's fine for people to converse in low tones. Yelling over co workers heads, singing and beating time on your desk, vibrating cellphones every 5 mins (where cellphones are not allowed out anyway), should not be allowed. But it was.

If you wanted to do the right thing the first time for the customer, you are called a brown noser, among other things. If you said anything about being tired of cleaning up after others for not following process, you are penalized.

If you like a nursery school atmosphere, work for Defender.