DeerfieldOutfitters.com / Tent scam

This place is all about outdoor products if you can think of it they have it. Well I needed a tent at a reasonable price and while searching for couple days I found this site DeerfieldOutfitters.com. Everything looked secure and official. I placed the order it went through got confirmation both by email and on the site. I had a link that I could see my shipping update. So 4 days went by and still no action from them. So I wrote a email it took them 2 days to respond and when they did they said nothing about my order. They ask about my shipping note so i wrote back and told them. I wrote again and nothing, and then again nothing. It is now 9 days and the oder has not shipped with no communication from them at all. They are not shipping and they are not talking.

Or

Comments

• De
      17th of Mar, 2009

Response from Deerfield Outfitters:

While it is true that we have refused to ship our products to this customer, he left out a few pertinent facts:

The "shipping note" we inquired about was comments he placed during the order process which stated: "Please do not use any company logos. Use billing address as shipper." We were perplexed by this as all of our products are name-branded and the particular item we were to ship (a Big Agnes Big House 6 Person Tent) has the Big Agnes branded logo on it in multiple locations. We then asked the customer if he could clarify his comments for us as we always try to meet any special requests, if possible. The customer replied back saying that this order "was for an Ebay customer" and that it was to be shipped without any information saying it was from Deerfield Outfitters as his E-bay customer thought they were buying it from him. We were uncomfortable with this arrangement so we notified the customer via email that we would cancel the order and process a full refund.

It is unfortunate that we have to air our dirty laundry publicly, but in this day and age when a post like this is out there for the world to see, we feel its prudent to respond and defend ourselves.

Sincerely,

The Management at DeerfieldOutfitters.com

21st of Apr, 2009
    DeerfieldOutfitters.com - Did not deliver order
    Deerfield Outfitters
    deerfieldoutfitters.com

On 04/01/09 I placed on order ($431.88) for a rifle scope and was told they didn't have it in stock but would be within 10 days. I placed the order and saw they received payment from my card company the next day. After the 10 days until now (04/20/09) I've repeatedly tried to contact them via email to their customer service, and their website with out success. I've left messages at both places then notified my card company to see if the money can be recovered. We will see: Joe R.

• Da
      27th of Apr, 2009
    DeerfieldOutfitters.com - took my money and ran
    Deerfieldoutfitters

Ordered a tent on March 30, 2009 for 329.88. Credit card was charged on March 31. On April 14th, I became alittle concern. After countless emails (they do not have a phone that is working) I received this email:
    "your order will be shipped when we are re-stocked in 7 days"
    After 7 days, I sent another (ok maybe many) emails, and finally got a reply back:
    "We have not yet received our re-stocking order. We do expect it to arrive this week however."
    Then, without notice I received the too-bad-sucker email.
    "We will cancel your order and process your refund within 24 hours."
    Which, would have been fine, but, yes, never received a refund.
    Hoping the credit card company can reverse the charges.

PS. I checked the companies website, and they no longer carry this tent.
    So much for "restocking"

5th of May, 2009
    DeerfieldOutfitters.com - Late/no delivery
    DeergieldOutfitters.com
    14525 SW Millikan
    Beaverton
    Oregon
    deerfieldoutfitters.com

I placed an order for a Pinnacle Pass 3XTA 3 Person Tent on April 18, 2009. Deerfield's website states they ship in 5 business days (Apr. 24) and require up to 5 business days travel time (May 1). To date, May 4, the order has not been received and no response to email inquiries (no phone # could be found) have been received. The Better Business Bureau (503-212-3022) has received numerous complaints about late/no deliveries for Deerfield. They provided a phone #(1-888-864-6938) which connects you to a recorded response for FVI Stores but no opportunity to speak to a live voice. My next step is to file a complaint with the Oregon Attorney General's Ofice (www.doj.state.or.us).

Submitted by Mac McCandless in Arroyo Grande, CA

Honeoye 14471-0275
    New York
    Phone: 1-888-864-6938
    deerfieldoutfitters.com

Ordered Item, never received. No satisfactory communication from deerfieldoutfitters.com. Had to contact our credit card company to stop payment, and look into the problem. Also sent back a different item according to their instructions with no result or refund or communication of any kind.

27th of May, 2009
    DeerfieldOutfitters.com - Did not process/ship order but charged credit card
    Deerfieldoutfitters.com
    deerfieldoutfitters.com

I placed an order on their website deerfieldoutfitters.com and the price was great but that is where the rest of what they claim is SH**TY. As in other complaints there is not a person who you can reach at the phone # that they do not provide to you and when you do reach their service you are only allowed to leave a message with no return call as well as when you attempt to respond to the email that states they are processing your order that takes 5 days to process and 5+ days to ship when they are correct because I placed my order on 4/24/09 and on 5/26/09 I cancelled my order. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME CALLING THE TOLL FREE #888-864-6938 as there will be no response. If you have ordered from them cancel your order now {trust me} and go with a higher priced item so you will get it. As you can tell this complaint comes with a lot of attitude!