DECU / denied access to my personal bank account

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I have a checking account, savings account, Auto loan and Visa card with DECU.After losing 2 jobs and having hours cut at my part time job I have been behind on my two loans with DECU.I have stayed in touch with them to discuss when a payment can be made.Because they have very few branches I view my account information on the web site.I was shocked last month to discover that because I was behind on my payments they have restricted me from access to any of my accounts.They have blocked me from the web site and I am unable to even deposit money from a credit union service center.I do not believe it is legal to prohibit a consumer from having access to their own financial bank accounts.Who can I contact about this matter

Comments

• Bl
      6th of Mar, 2012

Be very, very careful. DCCU is very nasty and will move next to take what they want and will NOT work with you. I have tried to work with them in the past and they WOULD NOT. They simply chose to do a "write down" on loans rather than work with me.
    On a mortgage that has gotten behind as a result of moving and changing jobs, renting the property, loosing tenants, and so forth. Wanted them just to be forthcoming about opportunities avialable through Fanny Mae to woithdraw gracefully or do a HAFA and their mortgage rep was completely noncommunicative. Suprise, suprise...the property was NOT upside down and they stood to GAIN money from the foreclosure.