Decorating-etc / No product. No refund. Nothing but lies.

1 Wayne, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-544-4874

After three successful orders with this company, I felt confident placing an order for two more light fixtures. My order was placed 3/31/07 and my credit card was charge immediately. I started calling for order status when nothing had arrived by June because previous experience said this manufacturer could take several weeks to fill an order. I was told the order was shipping 7/20/07. Every month nothing arrived, and I would call again. Every time, I was told it would be shipping soon and given some poor excuse blaming the lighting manufacturer. Of course, it was impossible to talk directly to anybody unless I called the sales line. Finally, on 11/20/07 I called the manufacturer directly. I was told my order was not placed with them until 6/13/07! Furthermore, it was ready almost immediately! These crooks had not paid the manufacturer so my lights weren't being released. As it turns out, this same scam was probably used on my previous orders as well. I just never knew because the lights were always eventually delivered.

Unfortunately, I was unable to dispute this charge through my credit card. I did not know that you had only 120 days from the date of purchase to dispute. Decorating-Etc. said they were sending a refund, but it has been 10 days and I have no refund. If a check arrives, I can't even be certain it won't bounce. I have filed complaints with the BBB in Trent, NJ and with the NJ Attorney General in an attempt to reach some settlement. I really don't want to believe that lier and cheats win.

These crooks should be put out of business. Go elsewhere even if it costs you more money. The hassle of dealing with fraud is just not worth it. I have been told nothing but lies for over 8 months, and I have nothing to show for it.

Comments

• De
      4th of Sep, 2007
    Decorating-etc - No product, no service

I placed an order for lights on May 12th. I was told they would ship June 18th. Then July 27th. Then Aug 27th. Here it is Sept 4th, and still no lights and no response to my emails, calls, etc. If you try to talk to service status, you are ALWAYS put into a voice message and the calls do not get returned (they say it could take up to 2 days). If you talk to Sales staff, they assure you they will look into the order and call you back tomorrow. HA!!!

Do yourself a favor and go to any other company, even if they cost of the product is more!

• Ki
      2nd of Jan, 2008

I ordered a light fixture from Decorating etc on Sept 20, 2007 and cancelled it on Sept 28, 2007. It is January 2, 2008 and I have yet to receive my refund. I have call many times and have actually received calls back. I was told that my credit card would be credited with in 3-5 business days, that was over three months ago. This is the worst company to do business with. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! I can't believe this company is in business.

• Ke
      3rd of Jan, 2008

100% in agreement with these reviews. This company does fraudulent business. Late shipment of incorrect orders, no refunds, no communication from the company...they just take your money and run. There are hundreds of Better Business Bureau complaints against these fraudsters, but because the business address of the company changes regularly, they can't pursue claims against them. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! You are likely to lose your money and not get your product. I am out $500 for some deck lights and a transformer...transformer shipped a month and a half after ordering...lights never arrived. I could no longer use the transformer and returned it and am still waiting for a refund on the whole order. Be warned...this company will steal from you.

To whoever owns this company, I hope that you will get what you deserve one day, to have all your ill-gotten gains stripped from you and be left penniless and humiliated.

• Ai
      16th of Jan, 2008

I placed 2 orders in July 2007 with various items in each order. After so many phone calls, I got part of my orders delivered in November 07. The remaining item did not come. I called Marie, Sheryl, Rob, etc.. and got Marie a few times but always got an answer that she will check in her system and get back to me later in the day.

They never got back and the same answer was given when I got hold of her again...

I also wrote numerous emails asking for status and if they could not supply the remaining item, give me an answer on alternative such as cancel the order and refund.

Do not do business with this company !

• To
      21st of Jan, 2008

I had pretty much the same bad experience. Huge delay on on order. They said I couldn't cancel yet it had been 10 weeks since I had ordered. They finally agreed to cancel, but I didn't see the credit on my account. Every time I spoke with someone, I got their name. I heard so many excuses, illnesses, weather, computer problems. I documented it all, and finally on my last call I said this was their last chance to clear it up, or I would be filling a claim against them. It worked. I believe my credit card was credited back within a week.
    Good luck to anyone who uses this company,
    Tobee

• Ar
      10th of Jun, 2008

My husband and are going through the same horror story. Back in October of 2007 we place two orders that totalled up to more than $1, 000. We practically called 100x's a day, and submitted e-mails after emails and its been nearly impossible to get of hold of a living person. No one returns our calls. After many attempts, we were able to get our refund back for only one order which totalled only to $423.00. Till this day we have not received the rest of our money. It's been like 9 months already. I thought that perhaps one day we would receive our refund or credit back. But after reading these stories I have lost hope. We agree 100% with everyone that has wrote about their complaints. These people should be put out of busines, not sure why there still out there. We were told the same lies after lies.