Debt Relief International / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
After receiving a call promising that my debt would be cleared within 24 months by paying $675.00 a month, I decided to sign a contract with World Wide Finance to get my debt paid off. After 25 months of paying $675.00, the creditors that this company was supposed to be paying starting contacting me requesting payments.

After trying to contact World Wide Finance on numerous occasions, I discovered it had been changed to Debt Relief International, LLC. After speaking with several different agents that worked for this company, I was told that 'Yes you have over 16, 000.00 in your account.' The $16, 000.00 was supposedly being held in an account to start negotiations with the creditors.

I started receiving phone calls and statements from the creditors requesting payments and threatening to garnish my wages as well as placing court order judgments against me. I called Debt Relief International, LLC to inform the company of all of the recent information from the creditors.

After providing them with that information, I was told that in order to receive the letter that the court is requesting, there would be an Additional $75.00 attorney fee. At this point, I do not understand why I have to pay an Additional $75.00 dollars as well as go to court for something that this company was supposed to be taking care of.

After several attempts to get Debt Relief International, LLC, I have gotten no where. Since May 2008, my wages have been garnished an astounding amount of $1, 000.00 per month. As of October 28, 2008, my checking account was seized taking $3800.00, leaving me penniless.

I am a single mother of three, nurse by occupation, where do I go from here? If anyone out there knows where I can go or what I can do, please send that information immediately.
Va

Comments

Br
  16th of Feb, 2009
I too have been a victom of debt relief intl llc. I am sorry for everything that you have gone through i truely know how you feel. i am still in the process of looking for ways to ge my money back i am going to turn this company in to the fbi i don't know if that will work but i am going to try. let me know what you come up with