Debt Cures / Rip off

4910 Longley LaneReno, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-846-4962

Fresh off another round of arguments over our debt and financing, what to my wondering eyes should appear on our TV but the smiling face of Kevin Trudeau hawking his Debt Cures program. Like an idiot, I bought it - and I let the woman on his order line talk me into the 'Debt Cures Deluxe Package' of additional material on 10 CDs as well. The cost of all this was $29.95 for the book, $99.00 for the CDs (a value of something like $400, so she said) and $21.90 for shipping and handling.

Contrary to what I was told on the phone, everything arrived in a week as opposed to 3 or 4 weeks. I have a long commute to work, so I figured I'd listen to the additional materials as I drove and read the book at home. First problem - the CDs come in a chintzy paper sleeve that rips as soon as you try to put a CD back into it. I know - all of the CDs fell out when I opened it. When I put the first CD in the player, guess what? The CDs are of him reading the book!

All right, I figure, I'll hear him out. It was a comprehensive waste of time. Probably 80% of the content is him ranting and raving about how credit card debt is entirely the fault of the credit card companies - after his salesperson talked me into wasting $150 on this rot. Most of the rest applies only to people who are being harassed about debt that has already been written off, and the little bit that did apply to us was readily available elsewhere with a little effort. To top it off, the CD of 'bonus material' was nothing but him summarizing the other nine CDs.

Here's a quick, easy and simple 'debt cure' - don't go into debt buying garbage like this.
Ja

Comments

Ma
  29th of May, 2008
Returned book, did not get my refund back. Beware all!
Be
  19th of Aug, 2008

Debt Cures - Bad ordering practice
Debt Cures
www.debtcures.com

my complaint----
The fast track freemoney --c d--- does not work.
It just sits there and does nothing.

I want a new one that works and to give me the information i'm looking for.

Beverly Hoeft
2181 Janet st,
Navarre Fl.---32566
Lo
  27th of Oct, 2008
I purchased Debt Cures and found no content worth reading, no concrete sources as promised. I asked how to return the book, they gave me instructions, but no "pay for return" label, and I refuse to pay the postage to return the book, especially after seeing other negative comments. I'm afraid I won't even get my money back. My attempts to contact them about this are not successful. I'm worried! -On a fixed income and cannot afford the book. Can't even pay my utilities this month! I'm 67 . This is a true hardship for me.

Is there somewhere to get help?
Thank you for any information.
L Bowser
Sh
  10th of Dec, 2008

Debt Cures - Bad ordering practice
Roseville
Michigan
Phone: 586-879-6551

The charge for this book was paid at the time of purchase why am i being charged again? Please refund
Ti

Pelham
North Carolina
Phone: 13363889094
timmykendrick@yahoo.com

I emailed to cancel newsletter and still got it.
Ti
  24th of Feb, 2009
I canceled newsletter still got it. That will go on my credit card.I wont to get out of debt not go more in debt.
Am
  11th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
FYI, the 10 CD were a FREE gift for signing up for the newsletter,

the $ 99.00 is for the Deluxe package of the Fast Track for free money and the CD for the letters to send to the creditors which are already written and you just have to fill in the addresses of the creditors and a one on one counseling.

So you are not understanding what you got in the first place.
Ml
  7th of May, 2009
My husband and I purchased the books and didn't really get a clear picture on what the books would do for us. Also I cancelled the newsletter within the 30 days of purchase which was in December of 2008. But to our surprise we were being charged $10.87 per month. We have never received a newsletter and I had to call again to cancel the subscription. Even after speaking to their customer service department, they refused to let me talk to a supervisor, stating that she was not in the office today. Who ever reads this please DO NOT PURCHASE anything from Debt Curses...IT IS A SCAM.

M. Lewis
Da
  13th of Aug, 2009

Debt Cures - Stealing money from consumers
Debt Cures

Debt Cures company is a scam. I dont know about Kevin Trudeau the company DEBT Cures are stealing money from consumers

HERE IS THE INFO YOU NEED TO GET THEM BACK!!! AND STOP THEM FROM HURTING FUTURE CONSUMERS!! LETS SHUT THEM DOWN!!
Be
  11th of May, 2010
That's a load of horse crap - what do you mean "So you are not understanding what you got in the first place" you stupid little twit - We ordered it as well and NEVER were we told it would be an extra $99 and Im sure you know why - because NO ONE would order it. I filed a complaint w the BBB & let them know that when I asked the customer service rep if she knew this was a scam and asked her how she felt working for such a company knowing full well their business practices - her response was and I quote "I have to pay bills & make money just like you do" I kid you not! So not only is the owner a douche bag - but so are the employees.

I disputed the charges and the bank refunded my money
By
  4th of Mar, 2012
I sure do agree with you. This is a BIG rip-off. Don't buy the book. Just like on the TV ads, this guy talks too much and has nothing to share that is worth the money you pay.
By
  4th of Mar, 2012
Someone needs to take this guy off the air or at the minum, charge him with some sort of internet and/or Federal crime for pandering.
Pa
  2nd of Nov, 2013
I purchased one of Kevin Trudeau's original Debt Cures books about 3 yrs ago and continue to be charged for a news letter which I do not want and did not ask for. I have tried numerous emails to stop these charges with no luck . How can I get these charges to stop?