Debt Collector / won't negotiate

1 6851 Jericho Turnpike, ste. 220Syosset, NY, United States
Phone: 5166565300

My husband and I are enrolled in a debt settlement program, we needed to do this as we were falling behind in all our bills and wanted to settle our accounts and just needed help to do it. We have already paid off one Chase credit card and are still putting away the amount to save and paying the credit agency that is helping us, the goal was to be free of debt in 5 years. One chase credit card was turned over to this firm, they have refused to negotiate with the debt settlement company. They have told us that the settlement company refuses to talk to them, I have going to court twice, my husband can't get off from work as easily as I can and they won't let me go before the judge because they say that the debt is with my husband not me even though I have a notirized note saying I have the authority to do so, they had told me we would be in court nov. 14, then they went to another court on Oct. 21, they didn't think I would be there, he said, where is your husband? I told him that what he told me was a lie and that I just heard a woman talk to the judge on behalf of her husband, he told me to settle with him NOW or they would just have to take away our savings... (what savings), anyway, they have not sent us a letter saying that if we give them 150 a month for seven and half years they won't take us to court anymore. I called my debt settlement company and they said Don't sign it they are not telling the truth, and emailed me the letters they have sent to them which have gone unanswered... now what do I do? They misrepresent themselves, they are debt collectors disguised as lawyers and use threats to get what they want.

Jo