Sub: Debit of Amount Rs 36,000/- From A/C No. [protected]
1. Pl. note that I had used my Debit Card on 7-11-07 at Samrat Furnisher, Gurgaon. The total amount for which they swiped my card was Rs 36,000/, for this am error message of insufficient amount was displayed on the machine. They tried it two-three times but repeatedly same error message was displayed on the machine. I could not understand the issue as sufficient cash was available in my account.
2. As a result for Rs 36000/- no payment was done. As no print out came from the machine and I have not signed any payment slip printout at Samrat interiors.
3. I checked my account on 8-11-07 and to my surprise on 7-11-07 Rs 36,000/- very debited from my account. I checked up with Samrat interiors, for which it was told to me they have not received any payment for the same amount.
4. I called up the HDFC customer care on 8-11-07 and as per them it was a void transaction as my debit card limit id only Rs 25,000/- and the amount of Rs 36,000/- will be reverted back within three days.
5. Today, is 15-11-07 and the amount is still not reverted back.
6. Request you to Pl. take up the issue on priority and resolve it.
Dr. Vandana Singh
Ranbaxy Research Laboratories