Debbie Travis Home Decorating / Inferior products

Debbie Travis Home Decorating - www.debbietravis.com

I purchased some Debbie Travis bowls at Canadian Tire in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada. I ensured that I read all the labels to confirm these bowls were dishwasher and microwave safe. After washing the bowls in the dishwasher, I noticed cracking between the bowl surface and the exterior clear finish. I emailed Debbie Travis (which was almost impossible) and indicated that I was disappointed in the poor quality of the bowls I had purchased. Her assistant, Michelle Lake, replied to my email and sent me a tracking number to follow up with. She also suggested I return the product to Canadian Tire. The product is not made by Canadian Tire, it is made by Debbie Travis and carries her name, not the Canadian Tire name. I expected Debbie Travis to ask for my information to supply either replacements for the bowls or refund my money. Instead, I was told that I would have to resolve the issue for myself. Talk about a lack of consumer concern! I will not trust the Debbie Travis name for any products that are out on the market. These products are obviously inferior, otherwise why wouldn't Debbie Travis take action rather than ignoring my concerns and passing me off to her assistant?

Va

Comments

• Mi
      15th of Jan, 2011

I would agree. I purchased two sets of Debbie Travis dinning ware and i have but one plate left. All have cracked or chipped ( I mean chunked) into pieces, I lost 3 at one time just laying them down. I am quite surprised, because I have had Dollar store brand dishes and still do use them without any chipping or cracking of the sort. It was not the best spent 150.00$
    knowing now I have little recourse, The only thing left to is let people know to be a bit weary of a product being promoted b y a celebrity!!!