Dealtree.com

Posted:

They're the worst

Dealtree.com
www.dealtree.com
By far, THE WORST online pay website out there. Confusing directions and misleading links. Clicked on a PayPal link, and instead, Dealtree processed my order...without a confirmation page to cancel. Ended up that they charged me too much, AND shipped to the wrong address. Called customer service 6 times and sent several emails, was on hold 5 out of 6 for 30 minutes and the 6th call I got hung up on when I voiced my concerns. I cannot express how frustrated I am with the inane and unhelpful service and process Dealtree just put me through. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!
Complaint comments Comments (12)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

D  8th of Jul, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I have been buying from this company for a long time now, and
what they advertise is what you get. Perhaps the confused, or did not follow instructions individual above may have a legit complaint. If and when (very rarely) something is wrong with my order I have been fully refunded. I am not aware of the individuals problem since he was not specific as to what the problem is/was. I hope he has been helped. As far as Im concerned this is a darn good company to do business with.
A  12th of Jul, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I had a really bad experience with Dealtree payment system. I use an international credit card for my payments and I use it for all my eBay purchases. I recently tried to purchase something from Dealtree and after I tried to checkout using PayPal, it took me to the Dealtree checkout system and advised that I cannot use an international credit card for paying, even though I wanted to ship the item to a US address. Secondly, If I keep my credit card information safe with PayPal, then Dealtree should not be able to tell if I'm using an international credit card or not, right?
A  25th of Jul, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I bought an item the end of June . It never came. It never even showed up on UPS tracking. I emailed 10 times and Faxed a letter. I get no respose. If someone knows a phone # let me know. They did not even answer the complaint I filed with paypal
A  7th of Aug, 2008 by    +1 Votes
the number is 1-949-305-6600
A  26th of Aug, 2008 by    +1 Votes
There criminals. I have been scamed by them to. Completely unresponsive. Hal is one lucky dude to have done so many transactions with dealtree and to have had so many happy experiences. A quick internet search reveals many unhappy consumers.
N  7th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
They are the worst online shopping experience, I bought a Samsung DVD player from them and paid it through paypal, I did not receive any invoice or payment confirmation in the email, I contacted them next day they said they cannot my order but they have taken the money through paypal. we were arguing on it back and forth but they said provide the invoice number which I have never got, then 6 days later the Item showed up through UPS without invoice in the box, they still haven't found the order yet, above all the DVD player does not recognize its own remote, I tried different samsung controllers but no luck. remote came with it works on my samsung TV that means remote is fine. THEY SELL DEFECTIVE JUNK, false advertisement. DO NOT buy from them rip off and worst customer service in the world.
N  13th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I purchased a camera from ebay. Their description states exactly this"Sales taxes are applied to all states where there is a sales tax - Taxes will be calculated based on the ship-to address on the order, and will include state and local sales taxes where applicable."

local sales taxes? I live in florida item is in texas is it local? or interstate? I called customer service for asking the reason they charge taxes. "We are owned and operated by Best Buy, if there are Best Buy stores in your state you will be taxed" they said. I said ok and hung up. I called Best Buy corporate office and ask to see if this was true. It was a lie, customer service lied about best buy and their reasoning for charging taxes. Probably my next step will be contacting IRS to see if what they think about dealtree's deceptive business practices on ebay.
N  24th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Dealtree.com - Won't honor resale certificate
DealTree.com

I am a computer products reseller. I purchased a laptop from this outfit specifically for a client. I tendered my Kentucky resale certificate upon winning, and was told they don't honor resale certificates. Now, I have to pay tax, and then I have to charge my client tax on both the cost of the item and the tax I paid.

They should have put the fact that they charge sales tax in the listing. It never dawned on me that they would try this scam!
N  2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
these ###s at cowboom do really bad business
N  29th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Dealtree.com - Don't buy from them
DealTree.com

I tried to pay them and their site rejected my payment telling me that my address was wrong (?????). Ok so them they told me to via Paypal using their email address which I did and then they sent me a not telling me that I hadn't paid them! Next they tell me that I didn't pay the full amount even though I paid the amount on the invoice, seems they didn't include the tax on the invoice. OK, now they tell me that they can't ship until the "check" clears. Hey I paid with Paypal!!! I wouldn't buy from them again, would you??
N  21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Dealtree.com - No customer service
dealtree.com

I purchased a phone from doubletree through phone blow out on ebay. the phone was shipped ground since it was free shipping, it took two weeks to recieve. when the phone arrived it did not have an ac charger, I went back to look at the item description and saw that a charger was not listed. I then ordered a charger on ebay for the phone. After charging the phone, I realized it only worked if you had it on speaker phone. Because I had to wait to get the charger I did not notify the dealtree about the problem with the phone till after the 7 days. I sent e-mail explaining this and got a pre-formated email from them stating FAQS on their acutiions, again I sent email to them and got a pre-formated email stating about their 7 day return polity. No customer service what so ever!
N  30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

Dealtree.com - Very dimwitted people at Dealtree
dealtree.com

Their checkout page did not load, so I paid thru PayPal. I received a notice from them, this time as auctions@ dealtree.com, stating that they had only received partial payment. Seems their was a 2¢ discrepancy in what they showed for taxes and what PayPal had for taxes. I paid $12.29 for the router, taxes and shipping. I declined the optional insurance. The balance for the item, shipping and taxes was $12.26. That's right, I had overpaid by 2¢. Apparently this concept is far beyond their grasp. They repeatedly stated that they had only received partial payment. Even going so far as to report me to eBay for non-payment.

After nearly 2 weeks of sending e-mails to inform them that the disputed amount was the declined insurance. The responses I received indicate that they had not been able to comprehend the facts.

I left them negative feedback on January 27.

On January 28, I complained to eBay. On January 29, I received notice from DealTree that my item had shipped. (Yay, eBay). On the 30th I received a notice that they had refunded my 2¢ thru PayPal. They also sent me an offer/request to retract negative feedback. They wish!

Very dimwitted people at dealtree.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree