Dealexpress.com / Bad service

Wow! I'm glad everyone else feels the same way I do about DealExpress. I purchased an HP monitor (HPL1706) from them through eBay and I am completely appalled at what transpired. It took over two weeks to get the payment information correct(after calling them incessantly to provide the right information; they do not answer their phones during business hours or return voicemail and email), and when I finally received the monitor three weeks later, it wouldn't even turn on! I immediately called them to resolve the issue, and they told me it was out of their hands and gave me a number for HP. WHAT? So, I just paid $170 for a defective monitor and another of two hours of my time to deal with HP?!? I quickly told them this is NOT how a business works, and they told me I must have missed the fine print. The fine print states that they do not accept returns. Ok, fine. I want an exchange, if we want to have a semantics argument about it. Then, they just became plain rude about the situation and made me feel stupid for even buying from them. So, I'm here to warn anyone that's thinking about doing business with them - DO NOT! They shouldn't even be allowed to be called a business. I'm very disappointed that this happened. It's a shame, but "buyer beware" still applies here. PLEASE! PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Ja
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Sk
      17th of Feb, 2010

Completely agree with you. Dealexpress is not a business but rather flat out crooks. I purchased a $2300 Lenovo laptop from them in '08 through Ebay and had an extremely terrible experience. Though I was reassured by the the owner Chris Myers that we were on the same page in regards to what "open box" meant, I was appalled to receive the laptop with non functioning speakers and an LCD ridden with dark gray streaks. I kindly requested a refund, willing to absorb the return shipping and restocking fees because we obviously had differing expectations as to what an "open box" item should be condition wise. My requests were met with rude remarks from the owner himself followed by a string of harassing voice messages. Seeing as there was no chance for an amicable resolution, I quickly filed complaints through Ebay, Paypal, and the BBB. I provided damage reports from several 3rd party laptop repair shops verifying my complaints were warranted an was ultimately partially reimbursed by Ebay thereafter for the required repairs not covered by Lenovo warranty. On a positive note, DealExpress is no longer an Ebay seller an an ideal example of how not to run your business if you plan to stay in business.