Deal Tree / Incompetent Service

1 AL, United States

Clicking on the link I have provided explains everything in GREAT DETAIL. But here is a summary. Deal Tree offers much better trade-in value on video games than many other video game dealers on the market through Best Buy's official website. But due to incompetent data entry, you may end up waiting more than a month to get the gift cards from Best Buy.

I called them about a problem. And they simply blamed Best Buy. So I called Best Buy several times attempting to get the problem resolved. Today, I received this email:

--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Best Buy Trade-in Customer

You are receiving this email do to an error processing your Best Buy gift card.

Do to an unknown error with the original issuance of your gift card you may have received, or will possibly be receiving a gift card with an incorrect name associated with your address. We have voided this card and you will be receiving a replacement that shipped February 9, 2010. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you need to contact us with questions or concerns, please call us at [protected] or email us at [protected]@dealtree.com with <confidential info blocked> in the subject line.

Thank you, Best Buy / Dealtree Trade-in Department
-----------------------------------------

I read another complaint on this same website against the same company. The consumer wrote that if it is too good to be true, it probably is. And this is what I am finding out. The extra money I saved in better trade-in value is HARDLY worth all the aggravation I had to go through. I STILL have not received my Gift Cards. And I am not sure that I will.

Sw