DEAD SEA KIT / took $$ from my account

1 12021 McCormick Rd apt 504, Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 904-683-9698

i have the same issue like you and i called my bank, they gave the number to call deadseakit.com but none of the number i could reach then i went back to the website where i ordered the stuff and this is what i find out:
"Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied for any reason, you can return the unused products in their original packaging up to 14 days after you purchase it for a full refund of the purchase price (less shipping & handling charges). Customer pays return shipping.
Risk-free trial offer: By buying this Special Trial Beauty Kit, you agree to enroll in our Autorefill Program. You will be charged applicable shipping and handling fees upon placing the order and will then have 14 days to try our products and return them if you are not completely satisfied. If you choose to keep the kit, you will be charged the full cost of $89.95. We will then automatically send you a replenishment of the products you have ordered according to our common replenishment guidelines (normally, every 30 calendar days). Your card will be charged accordingly upon dispatch of the replenishment package. Autorefill can be cancelled at any time by simply logging into your account.
Dead Sea Beauty Kit products are ISO-9002 certified and cruelty-free."
Suck ah

Comments

• Lo
      31st of Mar, 2012

I have the had the same issue, however i contacted them and they referred me to their terms and conditions. I have to admit, I did not go over them and their terms do clearly state the pricing. I asked the support rep to cancel the refill program and so they did. Overall happy with their products and I feel a little dumb for not reading their terms and conditions but i can't blame them.

8th of May, 2012
    DEAD SEA KIT - They took my 1st payment and didn't send item and then charged my $70 more
    DeadSeaKit.com
    Florida

I ordered the kit for $5.95 and have not received it as of today 5/8/12 and they have now taken more money out of my account. I have notified my bank.

• El
      17th of May, 2012

They took the 89.95 out of my checking account and I have not received anything from this company. I contacted my bank also. What a rip-off!!!

• Ly
      26th of May, 2012

I also, received a charge of 89.00 on my account .This was a survey taking on the computer. Nothing was written about a charge for the product only 5.95 shipping and handling.This read a trial offer. My bank has been notified.I will report this to the Better Business Bureau about this scam. I'm so angry I could======!!! but, action must be taken.

• Fi
      27th of May, 2012

I have had the same problem in the UK they charged my card before the package arrived without any documentation. Their email cusotomer service now claims they cant find me on their system. Will be informing local trading standards officer and bank.

• Ca
      30th of May, 2012

My case is different. It was worst! Billed for the shipment fee and for the product for almost 90$ and yet THE PRODUCTS WAS NOT EVEN RECIEVED NOR TESTED!!

• Bo
      1st of Jun, 2012

I am not happy as well, I ordered the trial kit and was only supposed to be charged the $5.95 shipping fee. Had 14 days to return product and not be charged. The product came after 14 days, then right after my bank was charged almost $100.00. I called the number my bank gave me to cancel, got an answering machine referring me to their website. May have to close my card to keep further charges from occurring. I do not feel this company is legit!

• Do
      4th of Jun, 2012
    DEAD SEA KIT - charged $89.95 I DID NOT AUTHORIZE
    deadseakit.com

I did not authorize them to take $89.95 out of my bank acct and when I tryed to call the mail box is always full I have emailed them with no response Donna Huggins Tyler Tx [protected]@suddenlink.net

8th of Jun, 2012

I've ordered the dead sea kit over a month ago, it's never been shipped to me although still charged almost £60.00 which I did not authorised and it said free trial everything you pay is delivery in amount of £5.99, tried to find the number to contact them there isn't one and I bet the products if their even exist are full of ###.

• Lu
      11th of Jun, 2012

I ordered it then read these reviews and am horrified so I cancelled my card straight away luckily only £6 was taken out they sent me the cream but as I've cancelled my card they won't get any more money off me. Pure collagen is another free trial scam and lush illumination is another free trial scam beware xx

• Ca
      14th of Jun, 2012

I have also been conned by these companies. It wasn't until after I ordered the trial size products of dead sea kit and lush that I realised that, in doing so, I had automatically also signed up for the autorefil. I don't feel this is made clear enough on the website and is wrong. If the products are as good as stated then people will want to re-order anyway so it's completely unecessary for these companies to do this, and would certainly put me off buying in future.

• Al
      19th of Jun, 2012

I was charged for $5.95 on my bank account to try the deadseakit product introductory offer then I returned the product .I then got charged for t. $89.95 on my checking account for the same product refill order that did not get receivedand I cancelled the accountto them by email. they have yet refunded my $89.95.I am reported to their support deadseakit.com and received no refund;

• Al
      19th of Jun, 2012

I am still waiting to resovel this discreptency.thank you.

• Ge
      19th of Jun, 2012

This is a true situation of "READ THE FINE PRINT." Unfortunately, as Lori explained, it is listed in the terms and conditions of the "Free Trial" and this is a method that many companies of consumable products use. I've seen it with tooth whitening products, cosmetics are notorious for this, and I've also seen it on Computer programs that give you access to a website that usually has to do with money making or grants. I have a friend who had $65.00 a month taken out of his checking account by a Grant company because he didn't review his bank statements on a regular basis and didn't realize they were doing this until they had taken over $300.00 and he bounced a few checks.
    If you are ordering anything that is a FREE TRIAL, be ready to accept the fact that after the free trial comes the monthly subscription and read all of the terms and conditions before you hit that order key.

• De
      5th of Jul, 2012

I am absolutely insulted by the audacity of the Dead Sea Kit company and truly empathize with all the other people that have truly been ripped off! I will not buy products like this over the internet ever again! I have also been conned by Lush Illuminations and Dead Sea Kit have taken two payments of £65 and Lush Illuminations have taken one payment of the £70+! I have been given two sets of Dead Sea Kits free trail order in only a space of a few weeks, I have cancelled my card luckily so the buggers wont take any more of my hard earned money, altogether I have been conned for about £200&there is no number I can get a refund on both products and I am completely astonished how they have the cheek to do that!

• Ti
      9th of Jul, 2012

has anybody found out how to contact dead sea. my bank had told me to make a police report on them for taking funds out of my account without authorizing it. you can contact me at [protected]@ymail.com i am going to make out a police report tomorrow

• Ol
      24th of Jul, 2012

ON 06/25/12 DEAD SEA TOOK $92.65 OUT OF MY BANK WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE TRAIL. I TRIED TO CALL YOU BUT WAS TOLD TO CALL BACK. NEVER COULD GET THRU TO TRY TO GET MY MONEY BACK. TODAY 07/24/12 YOU TOOK $69.95 OUT OUF MY ACCT. WHICH WAS NOT AUTHORIZED. I WANT ALL OF MY MONEY RETURNED TO MY BANK ACCT TODAY. IF IT IS NOT I WILL CONTACT CONGRESS, THE SENATE, FCC, AND OTHERS ABOUT YOUR COMPANY BEING SO PHONEY, WHEN I FIRST CONTACTED YOU I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY S&H OF THE KIT WHICH WAS TAKEN FROM MY ACCT BEFORE THE KIT WAS WAS SHIPPED IN JUNE 2012. THERE IS NO REASON TO LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. E MAIL ADDR [protected]@cox.net. expect answer today along with the money back in my bank acct.

• Ho
      4th of Aug, 2012

The pictures showing Emily before and two weeks after using the two products are exactly the same photo, but the 'after' one is airbrushed. Every single hair on her head is in exactly the same position, and her head hasn't moved by a millimetre. Perhaps you have to sit very still for a fortnight after application ? What do they take us for ?

• Hm
      4th of Aug, 2012

I ordered the ''free trail '' of dead sea kit. it arrived and I emailed them saying I am not happy with the product I just barely used it and wanted to return it, they told me no as it was used I have to keep it now and I will be charged, so HOW is it a risk free trail, it says you can have a risk free trail where you evaluate the product for 2 weeks then if your not happy with it, you can return it with no charges being taken out. So how do these cheeky sods have the right to say they are going to charge me as I have used the product, WTH! its a free trail to review the product so how am I meant to review a product on a FREE trail if I don't even use any of the cream!!!? I am so angry what a rip off I wish I had known before I order that crap of that site :@

10th of Aug, 2012

I'm like everybody else. I ordered the Dead Sea kit free trial and didn't realize I was subscribing to a monthly purchase from them. I realized before any money was taken out of my account and was able to get in touch with my bank in order to cancel any future payments to them
    The product is probably a load of rubbish anyway and now i'm just gonna send back my free trial without even trying it.
    I can't even get the address to send back my free trial to them and cancel the flipping thing. They are very tricky. They make everything sound so straight forward until it comes to cancelling the subscription.
    Is there anybody out there that knows the address for people in the U.K. to send there free trial back to. and also if anybody knows the address for the Clearly Young ILLUMINATION product so I can send them these items back

13th of Aug, 2012

My scam has taken a different route. On completing an Asda price guarantee comparison on the Asda site, it lead me to an invitation to carry out a short survey and for completing the survey I was offered one of 3 FREE gifts. I chose the deadsea kit. The kit arrived, a month later another kit arrived and a credit card debit of £57.95. Asda have told me they know nothing of this offer, even tho it seemed to me to be part of their price guarantee site. At no time did I supply my credit card details, I can only assume this had something to do with the Asda site. My credit card company are looking into the matter through their fraud department.

• Mr
      22nd of Aug, 2012

I ordered dead sea kit suppose to pay shipping fee and only that of £5.95 from Israle looked at my bank account today they have charged me £59.95 ...what a scam...is there nothing I can do...

• Pa
      28th of Aug, 2012

I too have just fallen for this scam, I ordered it on Saturday and today Tuesday it has arrived However just after submitting my order I then saw the terms and conditions at the bottom in very fine print and was horrified to realise what I had just signed up for. I have tried to contact my bank but have to wait until it shows on my account. I am sending kit back without opening it, I only have the address in Israel. I could kick myself for falling for this as I am usually so careful, with all the complaints being received about this surely something could be done to stop this ! I ordered through Face Book and would just say avoid avoid.

• Oo
      30th of Aug, 2012

I am the same. I have ordered the product and then realised it is a scam. The T&C's are not that clear about them automatically debiting your account for refills. I have just spoken to my bank and they have advised me to call tomorrow or Saturday or when it shows on my account/bank statement and they will cancel. If money is debited from my account after doing this, they will recoup the money for me. i ordered through F/B as well. I could kick myself as I did the same thing about 2 yrs ago through them and the same thing happened. Perhaps Facebook should be vetting these companies a little more? I'm in the U.K

15th of Sep, 2012
    DEAD SEA KIT - scam
    dead sea kit
    United Kingdom

what a scam 3.95 paid for trial kit ok then month later 59.00 something taken out of account i have canceled my card so they wont get no more i feel so stupid but as i saw on facebook site felt they would be monitered

• Sq
      15th of Sep, 2012

I too got the trial of the dead sea kit at a the cost £3.95. i must say i have been using it cos i thought wow this is a good size trial pack. then when checking my bank account online saw that they had taken £59.95 from my account. I found the website and read the small print at the bottom, ( which at the time of ordering the trial pack didn't notice anything about recieving the refills every month at the cost of £59.95. ) I ckicked on the contact link and sent them a notice to cancel anyrefills as i did not authorise this payment. i sad that i was contacting my bank to stop any payment from my account. After about 10 minutes or so i recieved an email from them saying that my order had been cancelled and no more products will be sent to me. I have kept the copy of the email from them, to show my bank in case of further payments without authorisation.
    email address is as follows: DEAD SEA BEAUTY KIT ([protected]@deadseakit.com).

3rd of Oct, 2012
    DEAD SEA KIT - unauthorised payment charged to my c/c
    Dead Sea Kit Company
    Israel

At the end of August I saw an advert on facebook for the above company for a sample kit. I ordered this and the kit arrived. However on the 18th of September they made an unauthorised charge against my credit card for £59.95. I contacted Deadseakit and told them I had not ordered anything else and requested a refund. They told me that they had an autofill system but at no time did they say they had send anything else and told me that they had suspended my account. I expected the refund to be on my card by today only to find out that it had not been processed. I contacted the company again tonight asking why the refund had not been processed and the response was -

A refund? Why would we do that?
    > Chris T.

I was appalled and responded with -
    I beg your pardon but you have charged me £59.95 to my credit card that I
    have not authorised or had goods. I specificly requested that no goods
    were to be despatched and a refund sent back to my credit card,

Their response was -
    According to DHL you have received that kit and the only way to refund you is if you return it unopened, in its original packaging.

Chris T.
    Customer Satisfaction Specialist
    Dead Sea Beauty Kit, a product of DS Marketing Limited
    www.deadseakit.com

this is totally incorrect - I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANYTHING ELSE FROM THEM and in the emails dated 26/9/12 there was no mention of any goods being despatched.
    I responded with -
    Perhaps you had better double check with them because I have not received any parcel from your company apart from the trial kit, which I did order and pay for.

I suggest you send me proof that this has been delivered as I definitely have not recieved anything and I am extremely annoyed. When I contacted your company on the 26th of September I asked that no goods were sent and requested a refund I got no email back stating items had been despatched.

They have now told me they won't refund until I send back the package - a bit hard to do when I haven't received it in the first place.

Can you help
    Angela Bevan
    [protected]@sky.com

3rd of Oct, 2012

I got caught with this too.
    I posted the whole incident onto facebook as a warning so everybody could see.

i would complain to facebook but I cannot find a contact address or email to do this with

16th of Oct, 2012
    DEAD SEA KIT - Money taken out of my account twice
    Dead Dea Kit
    United Kingdom

Dead Sew Kit have taken £59.95 out of my account in Sept plus another 49.95 in Oct. I was expecting only £3.95 from my account as I understood it was supposed to be a free trial. I request that the £49.95 taken for Oct be put back into my account immediately.
    Jo Whitefoot

13th of Nov, 2012

why has nothing been done about these companies . my bank says there's nothing they can do until i cancel with lush but the phone goes dead (probably because of all the complaints ) the email page was a blank page, you have to get in touch with the company to cancel the autofil but how do you do it when you cannot get through to them i sent for the trial kit from the deadseakit.com and didn't notice that at the same time money taken out for them, it was taken out by lush illumination as well till 2 months later went straight to bank .i had to get new card and pin but have lost £244.63 . not funny when your on a pension

19th of Nov, 2012

That really stinks. I just found a couple phone numbers for Lush Illumination and Dead Sea Kit. Dead Sea Kit is: 1-800-717-5794 and Lush Illumination is: 1-888-239-1370 for the US. I'm not sure their number for the UK. I did see they have an email you can contact that at: [protected]@reliablecustomerservice.com.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope this helps.

19th of Nov, 2012

i sent for the trail pack got 2 paid for them then cancelled autofil, noticed money going out for lush .up to now i have lost £244 .63 .
    been trying to contact them on the phone, customer service neither of which you can do. got in touch with BBB they told lush who said yes i would get my refund if i ring the number they gave between 4pm-12pm which i did line says no incoming calls what a laugh i tried 5 times still no luck have sent back to BBB and asked them to tell lush to ring me, not heard anything yet. what gets me is better business bureau know about them so do the banks so what are they going to do about it

4th of Dec, 2012

The same has happened to me but I have been charged almost £200, three separate transactions. Credit card company unwilling to help as they say I failed to read the small print. They have given me a phone number but no answer. Have you any contact details for these wicked people. I am devastated as cannot afford this amount of money especially for rubbish cream. There was no returns address on the packaging. Their advertisements are misleading. I cannot believe they continue to get away with stealing from customers in this way.

• Sq
      9th of Jan, 2013

since writing the last review where i cancelled my subscription, i can say that no money has been taken from my account or any products sent to me, since contacting them on the email i provided [protected]@deadseakit.com.

9th of Jan, 2013

i have received my full refund from lush in November the lady who dealt with it was very nice, but i had to contact The Better Business Bbureau Utah they were a great help . They acted as a go between and as soon as they got involved i got my full refund.
    I must say my bank was of no help what so ever Santander were a complete waste of time i had to do it on my own until someone on scambook mentioned BBB . So my advise to anyone in this position do not hesitate i recommend them highly.
    Lizzimint.

• Em
      5th of Feb, 2013

I filled out an online survey and it said that I'd get a free gift, minus the shipping and handling. I got the gift, but on my last credit card statement, it charged my $139.95! Nowhere did it say I needed to send it back within 14 days which is what the company is saying. I don't know if the company did this on purpose, but my next credit card statement did not arrive until 30 days after the initial "order" of the gift, so now I'm stuck with paying $140 for something I am too angry to use.

5th of Feb, 2013

please anyone being ripped off by these companies get in touch with the better business beauro, find it on google they will help you . lizzimint

12th of Feb, 2013

i also got hit i got one for myself and another for my mum. they took 3 payments of 54 something and another of 119 it left me so poor over Christmas and what a bad start to 2013. have emailed them still got no money back can anyone help how can they get away with this its set up so well that anyone would fall for what they offer. if anyone one out there got a refund please let me know. Lisa

12th of Feb, 2013

gsoco can help you to get your money back, if you feel that it is a scam and you can prove that is a scam then gsoco can help to get your money back, email them and report it to them [protected]@yahoo.com

12th of Feb, 2013

Lisa I have messaged you. It is appalling that people are still getting scammed by this company.