De-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery On Shoppers / fake check

Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
4.75
I recieved a check for 4875.00 was excited for maybe 5mins. Till I realized I didn't play any lotto how could I win!!! Sure enough it's a fake. (Of course). Becareful do not cash a check that tell s you to send them money in return. DAH!!!
Ti

Comments

Su
  18th of Nov, 2008
I got the same letter. Mine was 3, 770.00 and I that cool until I find out it was Bogus a scam. I called the Bank on the Check and they said it was fraud. So, anybody who gets the same Letter becareful and please do not cash the check.
Bo
  7th of Apr, 2009
I just recieved a letter with a check very similar to the people above. It was for 4700 dollars and asked that I send them 2980 dollars for "government/bond fees". Then I would recieve a check for the remaining amount which would be 115300 dollars. I called the bank in which the check was from and they confirmed that it was a fraud. They informed me to never cash a check from some one you do not know and never send money to people you may not know. The below information is what was in the letter, if you recieve something similar please do not deposit the check.

EQUITY TRUST INC.
PROMOTIONS DIVISION, PRIZE AND AWARD PRESENTATION
NORTH AMERICA INTERNATIONAL CLAIMS DEPARTMENT
20 KING ST, OTTAWA ON. CANADA. K6V3P6
TEL: 647-831-9048
Di
  14th of Apr, 2009
I received a check also from Premier Financial Inc. and yes I too was to cash the check and then send the govenment money to pay taxes and then they would send me the money that I have won in the total of 125 thousand. hope that this also helps others out. I am from ct so they are trying real hard to get others please be careful thank you diane
Le
  1st of Jun, 2009
THE PEOPLE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN I GOT THE SAME CHECK FOR 4700 DOLLARS . I EVEN GOT AS FAR AS PUTTING THE CHECK IN THE BANK BUT MY BANK WAS SMART AND PUT A HOLD ON IT THE PEOPLE, THE CLAIM AGENT WHO WAS JANET SANCHEZ ANF STEVE NOBIL WAS PROMOTIONS MANAGER. I KEPT CALLING AND ASKING QUESTIONS THEY GAVE ME THE ADDRESS TO SEND THE WESTREN UNION TO ANN ACHENIDER WHICH IS PROBABLY FALSE WITH AN ADDRESS OF 137 NW AVE LONDON ONTERIO, CANADA. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. PLEASE DONT BE STUPID LIKE ME AND FALL FOR IT.
Ak
  3rd of Jul, 2009
i got a check too from national financial and trust from a martin lawson. I actually called him. I am glad i went online to search out how much of a scam this is to many people who reported it.
Gy
  13th of Mar, 2010
I just received a check from tlc address 3400 King Ave. Toronto, On . Phone -514-621-8310. The letter read that I have become the Beneficiary of unclaimed settlement for the amount of $100.000.00. It read be advised that the enclosed check is valid only by calling our office. I also received a Signed receive With my signature on it and the date I enter the contest. It was my signature. I lost my husband from cancer to years ago and like a dummy I thought I could maybe get some extra money coming in by entering contest and sweepstakes, boy was i stupid. The check looks real but I know it isn't. Thanks for this web site. Ms Gyla Ostrander Mason, MI
Sv
  13th of Jul, 2010
Indeed this is a false company... Faygo Beverages, INC with a winnings from Fayco Securities, Inc. out of Toronto, Canada. They tell you that you have won money from De-Lotto North American and London Sweepstakes Lottery.

Remember if you never bought a ticket you cannot win the lottery!!!

These checks are bogus.. you deposit them and they will bounce and you will be liable for the bad check fees and any funds you send to anyone from the check.

Myself I turned mine over to the FBI for them to investigate as Mail Fraud.
Ha
  9th of Mar, 2011
I received a check in the amount of 3, 850.00 and for me to deposit in my bank and then call my agent back George Atwell and the check is from Bank of America, i knew for a fact it wasn't true. But how in the hell they come up with mess like this. if anyone know how to stop this scam please do so, so that other people that quite not understand wouldn't be so lucky. the phone# is listed is 1-905-781-1863 from Toronto Ont. Canada.