DCS / Irate Employee

Phone: 800-927-7667 ext 7744

This woman Jennifer Preston is unbelievable!!! My mom receives widow's benefits. Preston was working with my mom to get her on a monthly payment plan so that she could eventually depart from default status with the student loan company. I tried explaining to her that my mom will agree to ONE monthly payment but she can't afford to make the voluntary payment AND still have the U.S. Treasury Dept garnish her SS checks! This is out rageous! She wouldn't let me get a word in edge wise and when I asked to speak with a supervisor she told me NO! I couldn't believe it! Why do these people think they can control people that are in debt to them? Yes, she may have an outstanding debt but she's an elderly woman who is on a fixed income and maybe if the representative would have spoken to me with a little compassion and understanding we could have reasonably concluded the matter. She can't afford to make double payments for the next three months! When I said "she'll be homeless if she's forced to make double payments" and she said "that's not my problem. When does it stop??? When someone commits suicide??? Shame on you Jennifer Preston!!!

Comments

• Te
      17th of Mar, 2008
    DCS - Terrible experience!
    New York

I purchased a DCS 5 burner range unit about 3 years ago. It worked fine until 6 months ago when the igniter would not stop clicking. The service people have been here to fix it 6 times in the last six months. I tried to call Fisher & Paykel direct, but hung up after 15 minutes on hold. It is a good unit when it works properly, but fixing it has become impossible. My next range will NOT be a DCS.

• Dc
      15th of Sep, 2009
    DCS - Rude and unprofessional collection method
    Diversified Collection Services

This has to be the worst ### bags I have to deal with in my life. These people should be send to iraq or afghanistan or executed. I would not have any passion for them. They would lied on letter to better bussiness bureau then turn around do another thing. They would give me a chase around the bush and then threatened me then stated on the letter to better business bureau that they did not. The government should stop using these mofo since they are charging them an arm and a leg for their crappy services. I really don't know why our government still use them when they have so many complains.

• Kh
      6th of Mar, 2011

This company is harassing me about a student loan. I$ had to drop out of the PhD program that I was enrolled in due to a loss of income. I am unemployed, have had to move back home with my mother who is retired and on a fixed income. I have no other relatives or friends from whom I can borrow money or live with. I have told them that once I get a job I will be able to make my student loan payments. But, they would not accept that. They called and harassed me at the place where I volunteering insisting that I was 'choosing' to volunteer. I have contacted my states attorney general to complain about this company. I was able to get $300 to send to them, they insisted that I send the payment overnight and call them back with the tracking number. When I called them back they explained that the payment I sent would not stop collection proceedings and they would continue to call and pursue payment from my co-borrower. I told them that the payment I sent was the all I could do at this time and they demanded that I make a $1340.00 payment which I told them that I could not make. And, despite them keeping my payment they will not stop collection proceedings.

• Kh
      16th of Mar, 2011
    DCS - Refusal to accept payment
    DCS

This company is harassing me about a student loan. I$ had to drop out of the PhD program that I was enrolled in due to a loss of income. I am unemployed, have had to move back home with my mother who is retired and on a fixed income. I have no other relatives or friends from whom I can borrow money or live with. I have told them that once I get a job I will be able to make my student loan payments. But, they would not accept that. They called and harassed me at the place where I volunteering insisting that I was ‘choosing’ to volunteer. I have contacted my states attorney general to complain about this company. I was able to get $300 to send to them, they insisted that I send the payment overnight and call them back with the tracking number. When I called them back they explained that the payment I sent would not stop collection proceedings and they would continue to call and pursue payment from my co-borrower. I told them that the payment I sent was the all I could do at this time and they demanded that I make a $1340.00 payment which I told them that I could not make. And, despite them keeping my payment they will not stop collection proceedings.

• Br
      8th of May, 2012
    DCS - threats
    California
    Phone: 800-927-7667 ext 3676

Terri Moore continues to call my neighbors, my pastor, & my husbands work. He went as far as to threaten my husband with loosing our home and going to jail. I thought that was illegal enough. I have tried to speak with this person since the debt is mine but he will not speak to me without my social security number. I do not give that out over the phone due to past issues with illegal use of my social. Now he will not call me but continues calling everyone else and threatening my husband. I am willing to make small payments but I do not have over $16, 000 to just hand over. And considering I was in school thru May of last year and sent in paperwork to get the loan payments put in foreberance until I could get off bedrest and have my baby I should not have been in default and my account should not have been sent for collections. Now AES/Suntrust says they have no information on me and Terri is very rude and will not help me.

• Bl
      19th of May, 2012

What they are doing is illegal and you need to contact an attorney and sue them. Call 855-301-8100 and tell them what is going on. Also start recording your phone calls, because they will lie and say they did nothing wrong. Also note days, times and person that has called.