DCS (Diversified Collection Services, Inc.) / Harrashing

Dwayne,

Could you please be more specific? I have dealt with this agency and complained about their techniques to no avail. I even complained to my Congresswoman, and I got a copy of a reply from a government agency saying they looked into the matter and could not find any evidence of harassment or wrongdoing on the part of the collection agency. As if the collectors are going to say, "Oh, yeah. We were rude and insulting and told her to get off her lazy ###, get a job, and just pay the bill or we'd assign her account over to the Dept. of Justice."

What was your experience? I'd like to know if others have had problems with this company as the U.S. Congress chooses which collection agencies to contract with.

Thanks.

Comments

An
  14th of Apr, 2009

DIVERSIFIED COLLECTION SERVICES, INC.
333 N CANYON PKWY STE 100
LIVERMORE, CA 94551-9480

Agent for Service of Process
C T CORPORATION SYSTEM
818 W 7TH ST
LOS ANGELES, CA 90017-3407

===========

There is abundant evidence of the use of abusive, deceptive, and unfair debt collection practices by your debt collection organization. Already, you have failed to provide me with the disclosure required of you pursuant to § 809(a) of the FDCPA. Instead you opted to contact a third party without my prior written consent, in violation of § 805(b), as that third party was not myself, my attorney, a consumer reporting agency, the creditor, the attorney of the creditor, nor your attorney. I assure you if such violations persist I will not hesitate to pursue a FDCPA lawsuit against you.

WRITTEN NOTICE OF DISPUTE

You are hereby notified under § 809(b) that the alleged debt, and any portion thereof, is disputed. Further, I am requesting that you fully validate this alleged debt and provide me with a full accounting of your debt validation due diligence, a copy of any applicable judgment, a copy of the original agreement, bearing my handwritten signature, which indicates my consent to the alleged debt, and the name and address of the original creditor.

WRITTEN NOTICE TO CEASE AND DESIST

You are hereby notified under § 805(c) that I refuse to pay the allege debt and demand that you cease to, or attempt to, initiate any further communication with me. You shall not communicate with me further, except --
1. to advise me that further efforts are being terminated;
2. to notify me that you may invoke specified remedies which are ordinarily invoked by your organization; or
3. to notify me that you intend to invoke a specified remedy, if applicable.

I request that communication permitted under § 805(c) be made in writing.

24th of May, 2009

These people are outright scoundrels! They have harassed my mother, my poor grandmother, and EVEN MY Ex-WIFE! They have no right to contact these people to discuss a debt collection! It's a shame my student loan company refused to work with me through my economic hardship and sold my debt to these creeps.

Su
  2nd of Jun, 2009

A STUDENT LOAN IS NOT FREE MONEY!! THAT'S WHY IT IS A LOAN!!

YOU KNEW WHEN YOU SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE THAT THE MONEY WOULD NEED TO BE PAID BACK. IF YOU DON'T PAY IT TO THE LENDER, THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO WILL GET THE MONEY.

DEBT COLLECTORS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SKIP-TRACE DEADBEATS LIKE YOU. IF THE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WOULD STOP ACTING LIKE THEY ARE OWED SOMETHING FOR NOTHING AND PAY THEIR BILLS, OUR ECONOMY WOULD SKYROCKET. CRYBABIES LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON THE ECONOMY IS IN THE TOILET.

An
  4th of Jun, 2009

most people aren't deadbeats!!! the entire country has fallin on hardtimes, hence why all the major auto makers have files bankrupt. i had a woman call me today about an old student loan i had totally forgotten about. i would be more then happy to pay it back, its not that i don't want to "REPAY THE LOAN" but i am among the many collecting umemployment due to companies closing. i cannot pay my bills put food on the table for my 2 young children, that i raise alone, but i make too much for foodstamps or anything like that.
when i tried to make arrangements with her she told me i had to pay it all back or they were granishing my unemployment, i asked if i could just pay so much a month & was told that because i don't have a checking account & they don't think i will be able to pay they won't set up payment plan, her exact words were "they don't want to set you up for failure. she took my monthly income, i make apx. 750 monthly, anyone in their right mind knows you cannot live off that with two kids. finally she told me to get a job, after explaining to her that my company closer last year i've been searching for a job since, her tone was so rude that i told her to go to hell & hung up on her.
i know these people have a job to do which is all well & good but when people are being honest & trying to make some kind of arrangement to attempt to pay why are they being so unreasonable wasting my time if they refuse to help unless you do exactly what they want you to do.? There is also NO NEED for these people to get loud rude or anything of the sort, especailly when the person they are talking to is trying to work something out, thats a great way to make people never wanna pay!! i am going to try & work directly with my loan company i want nothing to do with these people.

8th of Jun, 2009

Ha. "suzydebtcollector" - you're proof evidence of the fact that uneducated, unskilled people end up bottom feeding with companies like DCS. You make statements based entirely on assumption and collection agencies love people like you - because you're simply trying to pay the bills, too.

I'm not a deadbeat. In fact, I've probably worked harder than you have in your entire life. Guess what...the economy is motherfu#$*d! I spent 6 years in college and graduate school for NOTHING! There are no jobs in my field so I've worked in hard, body-destroying labor jobs for the past 10 years!! Yippee!

Don't call me a deadbeat when I've spent years crawling around inside coal boilers scraping scaling, years lifting heavy steel for metal fabrication, years in power generation and electrical work so lazy people like you can have electricity, heat, and all the nice shiny things that my hard work and many others like me have provided for this corrupt, sad, and dying culture of excess.

All I want at the end of the day is a little peace and quiet and not some douche bag from DCS calling me to tell me I owe money I already know I owe but just don't have to give...

8th of Jun, 2009

p.s. if you spent less time defending these corporate hogs and stepped back to look at the fact that the whole system is built to punish and enslave the poor you might realize that you too are a victim of this grotesque system

Jr
  31st of Mar, 2010

They contacted a neighbor that I do not know concerning my debt. I reported them to the FTC. The lady at the FTC told me that DCS is clearly in violation of the law.
The collectors name was Aaron Mark at 1-800-927-7667, extension 3650

Jr
  1st of Apr, 2010

Correction: the name was Aaron Marks. He is now calling my work.
These lowlife ### will stop at nothing.

Me
  16th of May, 2010

Does the Fed give DCS special rights to a person's bank accts. such as acct. numbers and the right to withdrawl money at their convien?

Gr
  30th of Jun, 2010

In most states such practices are illegal regardless of wether or not the debt is legitmate. Contact your State Attorney General, in Pennsylvania there is a web site to go to. You do not have to pay an attorney to stop the calls to friends, neighbors and relatives.