DBS bookstore / membership fee

1 Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-707-5858

I ordered books from the DBS bookstore. I received confirmation for the order and was charged for the books on my credit card. Later, I noticed another charge, $19.95 from DBS bookstore. This was charged for 2 months before I caught it. When I questioned the company, they said I had signed up for a membership in their store. I did not know that I had signed up and did not receive any confirmation of the membership. They said I had a free trial membership for three days when I could have cancelled. This is a very sneaky, underhanded, lowdown way to make extra money. I have cancelled my membership now, but my discount books actually ended up costing much more than if I had bought them from any other store. Thanks, Marie

Comments

24th of Sep, 2009
    DBS bookstore - monthy fees charged
    John Sachar
    Cranesville

I am not aware that I had ordered a membership when I had ordered books from this company once. i just noticed a reoccuring 12.00 permonth fee on my credit card that I was not aware that I had paid for many months which made that book so very expensive! I canceled the membership!!

• He
      13th of Oct, 2009

I had the same experience. I ordered a book from them in July 2009 and at the checkout had the option to become a member and get a discount vs 'no member' and 'no discount'. I opted for the 'no discount' . I was still charged $ 19.95 and did not pick up on it until 3 months later. Called them and they were going to refund October's membership charge 'as a courtesy'. They were able to fraudently make $ 19.95 for the months of July, August and Septermber before I picked up on it. I called my credit company: American Express and they were going after them for me.

I wonder how much they are making a year with this scam.
    henk