DBS Books / ripped off

dbs books
Boca Raton
Phone: 866-707-5858
i ordered the book "common sense" by glenn beck from this company for $6.69...my acct. was charged that amt. on 7/3...on 7/6 my acct. was charged an additional $19.95...i did not order anything else or authorize anything else...researching the net, i discovered several other people have been ripped off by this outfit.

N  13th of Jul, 2009 by
Beck is cool. Why not send him a message about this fraud?
A  19th of Jul, 2009 by
I just got off the phone with them and complained about not joining their membership and being charged the same amount as you. I am getting my refund back...we will see. Call and complain till you get refunded.
N  28th of Jul, 2009 by
Can Anybody do something about the DBS books company which is stelling money from people.
I was reading all the complains posted over the inernet where they are ripping people off. This is the second time they are taking money away $19.95 from my bank account ju.st because I got a $1.00 little book from the amazone site. I never gave any authorization to withdraw any other amount from my credit card.

Is there any body outhere that can do justice? Please reply to luzdeguia@live.com
N  9th of Aug, 2009 by
I agree... I had my card charged 19.95 3 xs's and I just called to complain and they said that it is in there membership fee and if you don't call back in 3 days you are a member and they can charge you. They would not give me my money back!
N  9th of Aug, 2009 by
A charge appeared on my debit card account in the amount of $19.95. I did not order anything from them and I cannot locate them on the internet.
N  13th of Aug, 2009 by
I did loose the initial $19.95 'membership' fee, but I called them canceled this bogus membership and filed a claim against them with my bank and stopped any future deductions made by dbs. Hopefully they are out of my hair forever.
N  13th of Aug, 2009 by
Does anyone have the number to call and get these con-artists to stop charging my bank account
A  17th of Aug, 2009 by
I just ordered something from them 08-11-09 and I got a charge for $19.95! I'm pissed because they didn't say anything about this charge. Now I can't even find the website!!
N  18th of Aug, 2009 by
Notify your Bank right away to remove the past 3 month charges.
Notify DBS Books (they use 3 names) to cancel your membership.
The Company is dishonest. When you order a book they do not tell you there is a membership fee. When you receive your order there is no indication of a membership or membership number on the order form.
When you cancel with them, they first have to send you a membership number.
Do that right away ASAP.
N  19th of Aug, 2009 by
I just had to deal with the same situation. I have been billed the sum of $19.95 on my last two credit card statements.
Evidentally when I ordered a book they signed me up for a membership in Best Brand Values.com.
I was not aware of doing this. Go to - bestbrandvalues.com You will need to sign in using your email address and password. Since I did not have a password I used their proceedure to get forgotten password. It came immediately. Enter sight. Under member profile, click on cancel membership.

I do not know if I have the fight to try and get back the two payments I have already made. I got an email confirming my cancellation.

A  31st of Aug, 2009 by
Like so many others I ordered a book on Amazon for $12. It was received but not what I wanted so i returned it and the next thing I knew I was charged $79 for expedited shipping and membership for a year. Have disputed it twice with my CC company - for June's charge, conditional credit for the book amount and also for the larger charge. July they only charged me for the book.
A  3rd of Sep, 2009 by
they stole from me too. I'm doing everything I can to get the word out that they are dishonest and disreputable. I don't want anyone else to buy from them. don't bother trying to get your money back, it won't happen. I really think the most responsable thing for every one to do is make their scam very public!
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by
Hi, I just had a charge in my account of 19.95 and i only bought a bookf or 4.95 a couple of weeks ago. I really do not know what is going on. What can I do?
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by
I just called the DBS company, and they told me the same story that it was a membership charge. I told them that I only bought a book for 4.95 and that I never sign up for a membership the customer service person told me he would cancel it and refund the 19.95. I will keep checking up on this to see if the really do it.
N  5th of Jan, 2010 by
If any of these charges were recent, say within mid September until now. Contact your credit card company and set up a dispute with this company. I am a Disputes representative through a Visa company and work with things like this everyday. If any of the charges are earlier than that unfortunately we would be out of time per Visa regulations, but I still recommend filing complaints through the BBB or local Attorney General. Be prepared if you file them as unauthorized you will most likely be asked to shut down your card and reissued a new one. This would not be considered fraud since you gave them your card number, but it is definitely unauthorized and getting a new card number is for security purposes. I am an advocate for cardholders like all of you and I definitely recommend fighting these charges. Again, if the are in time. Do not get mad at your credit card company if they tell you they cannot dispute because it has been too long. We have to follow Visa regs. If you have American Express or Mastercard, I do not know those rules, so I would definitely call them to check it out.
A  16th of Jan, 2010 by
I ordered O'Reilly's "Bold Fresh" from them. They have been charging me $12/month. I called them this a.m. and cancelled. The phone # is 866-707-5858. There are many companies online that do this. We have to learn to read the fine print. Read everything on their website before you order.
A  16th of Mar, 2010 by
If DBS rips you off.
1. Go to the DBS website, and cancel your membership right away.
2. Write a written letter, not an email to your Charge Card Bank requesting a refund for the DBS membership.
The Bank can go back 90 days.
3. Note that DBS uses several names on the Web.