Days Inn / request refund

1 Canada Review updated:

Please see below my original email request dated June 20-2018 directed to general manager at Days inn Lundy's lane Niagara Falls Canada..
This matter is not resolved. Regret to inform I did not get a single reply or a phone call back from the general manager or any one else from that hotel. Thhe second part of this email is another email that I sent to general manager of Days Inn Lundy's lane Niagara Falls Canada explaining the events took place.

I am reaching to you to resolve this matter.
My contact information is below
Nishanthe Stembo
nstembo@gmail.com
[protected]

I made a reservation through hotels.com for Saturday June 16 -2018. We arrived around 3.00 pm. At the time of check in, I requested to view the room prior to check in. The gentleman who was attending to me said, he has to swipe my credit card before letting us view the room. I said ok. We went and looked at the room. We did not like it. So we went down immediately and spoke to the reception clerk. Handed over the access cards. I asked him to cancel my credit card approval. He said to call hotel.com. We did call. They asked if I have informed the hotel that we are not taking the room. I said yes. They said it will not be a problem. But now I see there is a charge to my credit card by your hotel.
My reservation # was [protected]
Can you please look into this matter and advise how to recover the money that was charged to my credit card.
You can reach me at [protected] or e-mail.
Many thanks.

Hi,
My reservation # was [protected]
You can reach me at [protected] or e-mail.
Many thanks.

Here are the events took place. This email was sent to General Manager on July 6th 2018. NO RESPONSE.

Hello,

I left several msgs. But no one called me. Twice in my attempts to get in touch with GM Tania, I managed to spoke to her. Both times she promised to call me with in half an hour. But never returned my calls. Here are some events took place.

June 20th Sent my original email. There is no reply up until July 6th. (Today)

July 6th (Today) Called- She was not in. But spoke to Jenifer. She promised to follow up with GM by tomorrow July 7th.

July 4th - I called Tania. Managed to talk to her. She promised to call me back in half an hour once reviewed my email. Did not receive a call

June 25 called. She was not in. Reception took my information to pass on to Tania. Didn't get a call back-

June 26th - Re-sent my original email as you see below. Didn't get a call back.

June 21 - Called to follow up of my original email I sent on June 20th. Managed to talk to her. She promised to get back to me on June 25th. But didn't get back to me

As you can see there wasn't a single phone call returned to me nor reply to my emails. I would like to resolve this within your control rather than reaching out to corporate head office. I do work in a corporate environment and do know the impact if it reaches the top. But getting frustrated with no response.

Please consider this matter.

St